Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 203. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 01, 2015, 08:29:28 AM
Bitcoin price matter for future payment,its must be have stable price,but as crypto currency,its doesnt matter

you are right, mass need a stable price for their currency, I'm quite confused with it,
what the price of bitcoin can be stable in the future or not  Undecided

Yeah, I wonder when gold will be ready for mass adoption since it went from 1900$ to 1000$ per ounce in just four years time.

The price of bitcoin matters depending on the use case. Isn't Bitcoin awesome, so versatile and we haven't seen nothing yet!

if even the price of gold can not be stable with its 6T market cap, how can someone believe that bitcoin can  be stable with its silly 5B market

bitcoin in the future can be as unstable as gold, but with a much higher value, i would not be surprised to see big swings from 10k to 50k...
how are you so sure, if bitcoin will definitely have stable prices like gold even price more than gold?

was an analogy, if you have a 6T of marketcap which is not stable, and for that matter gold was always consider very stable, how can you say that bitcoin with great adoption will be stable

it's a bit delusional, greater adoption mean only less swings over time it does not guarantee a perfect stability

pretty confusing huft Tongue
so it just takes time to see people adopt the bitcoin? bitcoin prices will be stable in the future
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
December 01, 2015, 06:20:47 AM
Does the price of USD/GBP matter ?

It matters if you are either British or American and are planning to go on holiday to the other country, or you are trading goods / services between these two countries.
Or you are a trader with either long or short position in USD/GBP.

Similar with BTC/USD, except that few people are earning in bitcoins so far and even if you pay with bitcoins for stuff, most of the prices are calculated using the current BTC/USD price.
So it is more like living in a country where everything is imported from abroad.

Activity: 336
November 30, 2015, 08:47:30 AM
The price of bitcoin matter, because is good to know if is increasing or not.

Or when to buy or to sell it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
November 30, 2015, 06:27:33 AM
For traders it should matter if you're trying to make profits, if you're holding for future expenses then yes it also matters. I don't see how it wouldn't matter to any bitcoin holder.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 30, 2015, 06:22:43 AM
Bitcoin price matter for future payment,its must be have stable price,but as crypto currency,its doesnt matter

you are right, mass need a stable price for their currency, I'm quite confused with it,

Yeah, I wonder when gold will be ready for mass adoption since it went from 1900$ to 1000$ per ounce in just four years time.

The price of bitcoin matters depending on the use case. Isn't Bitcoin awesome, so versatile and we haven't seen nothing yet!

if even the price of gold can not be stable with its 6T market cap, how can someone believe that bitcoin can  be stable with its silly 5B market

bitcoin in the future can be as unstable as gold, but with a much higher value, i would not be surprised to see big swings from 10k to 50k...
how are you so sure, if bitcoin will definitely have stable prices like gold even price more than gold?

was an analogy, if you have a 6T of marketcap which is not stable, and for that matter gold was always consider very stable, how can you say that bitcoin with great adoption will be stable

it's a bit delusional, greater adoption mean only less swings over time it does not guarantee a perfect stability
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 30, 2015, 06:15:01 AM
another reason why the price of bitcoin matter is, for miners

with better price the asic will cost less, which mean that more people are willing to invest in mining and increasing the security of the network

Bitcoin is important nearly for everyone. People who say the price is not important, are simply lying to themselfs. For miners it's indeed a very important aspect as the electricity costs and hardware are priced in fiat currency. The price will play an even more important role for miners as that might indicate whether we have to pay higher fees or not when there aren't much coins left to mine.
Activity: 658
November 30, 2015, 05:47:27 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 30, 2015, 04:29:30 AM
another reason why the price of bitcoin matter is, for miners

with better price the asic will cost less, which mean that more people are willing to invest in mining and increasing the security of the network
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2015, 02:14:05 AM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

Sure that the price matter. Without price bitcoin would be almost nothing or totally nothing. For what serve an invention which don't fulfill the reason for which is created? Bitcoin is a big invention. Who have some knowledge about the technology used to create it, understand its value as an invention and that it is something qualitatively new. A big invention of a disruptive technology which will have (and are already beginning to have) tremendous impact in all the correlated field in which can and will be applied. But this is not enough to be considered completed. Without its market value something has no value on itself. I can make hundred inventions which don't serve nothing and has no real utility; or are not able to fulfill the reason for which are created. Even if those will see the light of Sun, within days or weeks will be dead. No one will care for these. The same it would be even for bitcoin if will not have value. Maybe it would be in some museum (if possible to be described because have even material form) as a new invention which had one aim not fulfilled by it but that was the first materialized product of a big technology. Technology than has changed the everyday world connected with all the technologies which are affected by that.
Activity: 560
November 29, 2015, 07:25:44 PM
I keep colect bitcoin and reinvesting it safe where i believe it can keep generating some fee ,soo being worth 300 or 500 dollard for me means nothing,since i wanna grown the ammount i have and just that.
Activity: 672
November 29, 2015, 06:52:28 PM
The price matters if you want to spend it. And yes people use bitcoin for buying stuff. If you are trader you need a bottom and a high price, to determine profit.

So for every party involved it is important to have a market price.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
November 29, 2015, 05:08:04 PM
For me yes,i prefer to get more fiat for btc  than less if price is higher i  need to exchange less btc 
Activity: 280
November 29, 2015, 02:43:39 PM
its doesnt matter : because bitcoin is just like another crypto currency,like dogecoin or litecoin,look at their (doge,ltc) price,its really cheap,and its fine,and people still looking for it.
its matter : because any trader want to collect high amount of bitcoin,and they want the high price for best trade.

just what on my mind.

It does matter to me. How would you know when and how to invest something if you don't know the value of your investment?
Activity: 672
November 29, 2015, 02:27:05 PM
It always matters if you want to sell your Bitcoin, because you want the highest price of it.

If the price of bitcoin doesn't matter I bet maybe 75% of people doesn't use bitcoin and the other 25% they will use because of the freedom.
Activity: 756
Infleum
November 29, 2015, 01:51:40 PM
Yes definitely it matters to me. I am buying bitcoins with Fiat currency ,so the price of bitcoin matters to me.
Bitcoin is not widely used for transactions as it is not stable enough. When the day comes where all can buy anything and everything for btc the price won't matter.

If the price is too high simply buy a fraction. The price in fiat has no meaning as long as it is more or less stable.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
November 29, 2015, 01:33:42 PM
Yes definitely it matters to me. I am buying bitcoins with Fiat currency ,so the price of bitcoin matters to me.
Bitcoin is not widely used for transactions as it is not stable enough. When the day comes where all can buy anything and everything for btc the price won't matter.
legendary
Activity: 2242
Merit: 3523
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
November 29, 2015, 12:50:02 PM
the price will matter as long as we connect bitcoin to fiat value. if we at some point price things solely in bitcoin, then we surely know the price doesn't matter anymore. the only question is how long will it take before we consider 1 bitcoin to be worth 1 bitcoin.

For how long is gold around? Is one ounce of gold priced in one ounce of gold? No, one ounce of gold is 1900$ 1000$.
So that will not happen.

Unless you change the use case. For example using Bitcoin as a payment network. You don't care how many bitcoins are needed to get you payment from person A to person B. In that case bitcoin is priced in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2015, 11:07:59 AM
its doesnt matter : because bitcoin is just like another crypto currency,like dogecoin or litecoin,look at their (doge,ltc) price,its really cheap,and its fine,and people still looking for it.
its matter : because any trader want to collect high amount of bitcoin,and they want the high price for best trade.

just what on my mind.
No no no. And do you realize that people are buying not 1 DOGE or 1 Litecoin but 10, 100, 100000 units at once? IF you want to have DOGE worth 1 bitcoin now you need to buy 2631578.9 DOGE!
So price matters, and it is the most prominent feature of a coin imo.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2015, 11:03:14 AM
Well.. the Prize matters in terms of Supply-Demand.
With a stable, growing prize.. more people will trust bitcoin and may invest more / switch over to btc over other payment methods.

In the End it only matters what u get for you btc... but until coins are the most used currency.. ofcourse the prize matters imo

the price will matter as long as we connect bitcoin to fiat value. if we at some point price things solely in bitcoin, then we surely know the price doesn't matter anymore. the only question is how long will it take before we consider 1 bitcoin to be worth 1 bitcoin.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 29, 2015, 10:48:47 AM
Should not matter.. but let us all take a pledge that if price of a bitcoin reaches the moon, lets all donate atleast 5% of our holding to the poor and needy..

1DpRngJnaeYTx2DMgX9UfyCUySEy3E7oKC

Thanks Smiley
Jump to: