Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 206. (Read 304484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
November 24, 2015, 12:05:53 PM
Of course the price of Bitcoin matters, if you remove the associated dollar value then the balance in your wallet whether 0.5 or 1,000,000 BTC has no meaning. I doubt even the most hardcore believer would stick around for long. What would be the point if you can't do anything with it?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 24, 2015, 02:16:30 AM
Bitcoin price matters, everything value is calculated in FIAT currency. 'BTC to USD' will be one among the most searched keywords in google.
BTC has not evolved into a fully accepted currency. Until it becomes a worldwide accepted currency its price matters the most.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 23, 2015, 09:50:45 PM
Of course the price of bitcoin is all that matters, the real questions then becomes what affects the price. That's what really matters.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 23, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
LOL if you want to buy something you have to exchange someting. When you exchange bitcoin how would the seller agree if there is no value?

That's right. As long as bitcoin is bought and sold for fiat its price will matter.

Value is needed for a trade exchange.

Also the value shows growth or a decrease which give investors a speculation chance. This is mandatory for currency's competing against each other.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
November 23, 2015, 06:34:43 PM
There have been endless discussions on this, the only thing it coms to is the fact, that are you in it for the technology or do you have money invested. If you are a person using it for sending money to another place, and only buy it at the point of the use, then it doesn't matter. But if you happen to store it for long term, then obviously it matters as you will essentially be losing money on it.

what you said is totally perfect, If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.
Activity: 756
Infleum
November 23, 2015, 06:23:33 PM
LOL if you want to buy something you have to exchange someting. When you exchange bitcoin how would the seller agree if there is no value?

That's right. As long as bitcoin is bought and sold for fiat its price will matter.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 23, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
those saying that the price dont matter must be lying. everybody holds bitcoin to have some value and most are investors in bitcoin. Those saying what matters is the trend, isn't that trend related to the price? to me the price matters a lot

The price doesn't matter. I'm not lying. It might matter to speculators (and people that call themselves investors), but it doesn't matter to Bitcoin.

we already had this discussion... the price indeded does matter, if you want bitcoin to be fully adopted

example, i'm talking about a very distant future, someone(big bank for example or a big business) start buying bitcoin in bank and they can afford to buy the majority of bitcoin, those bitcoin then can be used to pay directly the wage in bitcoin

then another business company need to do the same, but it can not because the other istitution already acquired all the bitcoin, because they were too cheap

now we have one entity with the monopoly of bitcoin, bitcoin sostantially need a better price to be spreaded for all people around the wolrd and it will happen naturally if you want adoption
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
November 23, 2015, 03:38:27 PM
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
in the end, you only find the beginning
November 23, 2015, 03:29:33 PM
Ofc that its matter, bitcoin needs a value, i must agree with some users that said that this is a task from speculators, well is some cases yes, thats true.

Btw i think the correct question should be: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter NOW?

my answer will be, yes, but not as much as in 5-10 years Tongue
Activity: 574
In XEM we trust
November 23, 2015, 03:21:07 PM
The price of bitcoin matters to some extent. When the price is high, the total value of bitcoin is also high. So it is difficult for somebody to manipulate the price easily.
most people need some kind of anchor to set themselves to. So they use examples as to 3goats=1cow and so on. Same goes to bitcoin and value is created by consensus demand. But in my opinion, the price of a single bitcoin does not matter since the technology is priceless.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 23, 2015, 03:19:30 PM
those saying that the price dont matter must be lying. everybody holds bitcoin to have some value and most are investors in bitcoin. Those saying what matters is the trend, isn't that trend related to the price? to me the price matters a lot

The price doesn't matter. I'm not lying. It might matter to speculators (and people that call themselves investors), but it doesn't matter to Bitcoin.

To Bitcoin the price indeed doesn't matter. For certain services and gambling sites that do their business solely with Bitcoin also don't care about the fiat value to a certain extent as they still have to pay for hosting and so in.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
November 23, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

But it has a very strong psychological weight, when the price of something is high it gets way more respect as an investment and haters become believers, and the ones that don't became really pissed that the price goes up. When the price goes up the anti Bitcoin people become mad so I want the price to be really high just to see how they get pissed off.
Activity: 42
November 23, 2015, 02:20:40 PM
Activity: 56
November 23, 2015, 12:23:58 PM
The price of bitcoin matters to some extent. When the price is high, the total value of bitcoin is also high. So it is difficult for somebody to manipulate the price easily.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
November 19, 2015, 09:41:22 AM
Bitcoin price will matter to me till a day when I can buy anything and everything with BitcoinsBTC without having to exchange bitcoins for dollars. But that day is not too far,its coming.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
November 18, 2015, 05:27:30 PM
Stabillity or controlled grow matters more. It's just that so much fluctuation attracts the wrong kind of people.

What you need is the masses and they scare (panic sell) with a 20% price drop in a day..
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
November 18, 2015, 03:26:55 PM
Of course it does, it matters a lot, more than a lto of people is willing to admit for some reason. If we let the price stagnate to much, an inertia of loss of trust happens. In any case, it probably means less than a lot of people think specially at the current development stage were we are still at a version 0.11 and things haven't even begun yet.
Activity: 326
November 18, 2015, 01:21:29 PM
People like holding bitcoins so yeah that is really important for them.

Also for people that really like BTC. O never heard that the prize is not that important. So yeah.
legendary
Activity: 896
November 18, 2015, 01:05:24 PM
if it is about trading, then yes. the bitcoin price is very important. if it is for holding bitcoin, then not. i will not sell my coins right now for peanuts when i can sell them for much much more a few years later.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 18, 2015, 12:39:04 PM
It depends! To the most of the people it matters since they are in this only profit wise. I will admit that it matters to me as well to the certain degree, but only to the certain degree.

If I would know that Bitcoin will be successful for sure in the future, I would careless about the price until this doesn't happen, until Bitcoin doesn't succeed completely. I think that Bitcoin having its price is a major drawback for the Bitcoin. Why? Because people judge about its success only by its price and that's a big weight on the shoulders to carry. For example, Internet didn't have this weight on the shoulders especially during the hard times of its development.

Just my two cents..
Jump to: