Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 20. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 06:40:34 PM
Probably. I think that bitcoin and cash works thhe same, only cash has physical form. Also, it’s about time that we stop using cash, to avoid thives and robbery. Technology is evolving everyday. So, it is possible.
It has a big chance that cash will be extinct in this world in the future, because a lot of cryptocurrency is getting popular and many people now is starting to accept bitcoin and the other cryptocurrency, so for me maybe 30 years from now the physical money or the cash will be extinct.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 05:25:21 PM
People want to be safe.  Thats why usually used cash moneySo, future of cryptocurrency very bright. And after time money will be replaced with cryptocurrency. When metals are replaced with currency, then the currency is replaced with electronic currency, and now the electronic currency will also be replaced with cryptocurrency
yes I also think that crypto's future will very bright specially bitcoin and everyone use it like real money so that's why i think money's value will very down because everyone want to dealing in digital currency and they will blind trust on this currency.
Activity: 126
April 22, 2018, 05:14:57 PM
People want to be safe.  Thats why usually used cash moneySo, future of cryptocurrency very bright. And after time money will be replaced with cryptocurrency. When metals are replaced with currency, then the currency is replaced with electronic currency, and now the electronic currency will also be replaced with cryptocurrency
Activity: 224
April 22, 2018, 05:13:16 PM
We can’t predict what will happen exactly in future, but I guess cash will still be around for a long time. There are still a lot of issues for digital money or currency that need to resolve before it can be implemented worldwide. The issue of accessibility and security are included in  many reasons why cash can’t be wipe out easily. 
Activity: 241
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 02:29:15 PM
I think paper money will not go extinct because there are still many countries that are not ready to accept this. and there are still many people who are not familiar with technology. I think paper money and virtual money go hand in hand in the future.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
April 22, 2018, 01:47:29 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
It’s true that bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity among the people all over the world. But this does not mean that it will be able to replace cash. And will result in extinction of cash from the world because firstly, cash is way more popular than bitcoin all over the world and cash has way more users throughout the world who use only cash whereas bitcoin users are very limited. Then cash is trusted by everyone whereas bitcoin is not trusted by most of the people.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 01:42:29 PM
Everything is possible in this life. However, people need their own place of anonymity. Every person sometimes buys a thing (service), which he does not want to advertise. While electronic money will not provide at least some privacy, fiat money will remain popular among ordinary people.

Cash is not to become extinct after cryptocurrency revolution. Cash will stay there forever but there will be many additional payment methods in addition to cash with the development of new platforms.

This is like a technological development, remember old days people were using gold and silver for shopping.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
April 22, 2018, 01:32:54 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
all that could be, but most of each country is different, so it must be in accordance with the applicable determination in their country. because indeed each country has its own rules and the people who live in a country must comply with state regulations.
Activity: 293
April 22, 2018, 01:13:49 PM
In my opinion, the information provided in the article looks like a speculation. I am not 100% sure but as for me it may either happen or not. Nobody knows for sure
Activity: 1078
Merit: 12
April 22, 2018, 01:04:44 PM
Every time of course there will be a big change, 100 years ago horse transportation is a very popular thing, whereas horses have been the main transportation for thousands of years, but now no one uses horses, just like cash, will someday be replaced with others including cryptocurrency.
Activity: 110
April 22, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
not all transactions will use bitcoins. trivial transactions will still use cash money. eg transactions in traditional markets to buy snacks. so cash money will still be used. and bitcoin is not managed by a local bank, so it is unlikely that bitcoin can eliminate cash money. banks will retain paper money and they will be supported by the government.
Activity: 140
April 22, 2018, 12:18:49 PM
I dont think so. As you can see having a cashless society is not that ideal, first because you have to consider the literacy of the people on how to use such device and as we all know not all knows about it and they might found it so hard and annoying. Another point is because having a cashless society is not that easy to apply. It might took them years to develop and might fail as well.
Activity: 532
April 22, 2018, 10:38:16 AM
In my opinion, this will not happen. Still too early. Many countries are not ready for such a serious step. because there are so many poor countries. And I don't think the entire population of Sweden can afford smartphones and a permanent and uninterrupted Internet connection.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
April 22, 2018, 10:31:14 AM
Not exactly cash will be extinct, but would be used less for payments and everything, if cryptocurrencies continues its glide, I'm sure that cash wouldn't that much of a use in the future, but I would be glad to see if governments would make something out of this problem and I do wish that they won't neglect cash in the future, I'm sure it can be heavily used.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
April 22, 2018, 10:14:03 AM
I am convinced that the day will come (in many many decades) where cash will not be accepted anymore in most countries.
For the industry digital transactions have the advantage against cash transactions that they are simply cheaper.
And when it comes up to saving money, that will prevail against a more expensive method on the long run.
Activity: 210
April 22, 2018, 10:13:40 AM
I agree that there will be come a time that cash will be replaced by something else. Just like the barter method where it was replaced by cash. There is no denying that the result of cryptocurrency technology is amazing because of the blockchain. Government as we see are now taking interest in this blockchain technology and might probably adopt it and may result to the extinction of cash.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
April 22, 2018, 10:04:32 AM
Everything is possible in this life. However, people need their own place of anonymity. Every person sometimes buys a thing (service), which he does not want to advertise. While electronic money will not provide at least some privacy, fiat money will remain popular among ordinary people.
Activity: 182
April 22, 2018, 09:42:15 AM

I think it is still impossible now. It is still so hard if we will not use fiat money. Not everbody have an internet connection and use cryptocurrency. But maybe someday, in the future that will happen. Crypto currency is beggining to be known worldwide.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
April 22, 2018, 09:28:05 AM
Hardly paper money can disappear forever. How many years already there is a computer and the Internet but we can't say that they are used all over the world. There are countries and people who have never used these benefits of civilization. Also with electronic money.
Activity: 245
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
April 22, 2018, 09:09:48 AM
definitely no, because paper money or cash is very popular in every part of the world and that make more stronger, because it can be use by poor or average person in making transaction and ecxchange of goods.
Pages:
Jump to: