Pages:
Author

Topic: Doing an essay on Bitcoin, need ideas - page 3. (Read 2736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
December 05, 2015, 10:47:26 PM
You should focus on the blockchain. The blockchain is magical. It's basically a public ledger that's really hard to mess up.

Bitcoin is truly one of a kind, and in glad you choose it add the topic of your report.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 05, 2015, 12:43:37 AM
The best thing for you to do is being able to explain the impact the bitcoin is having when it comes to digital currency. Also in your essay, be sure to indicate and discuss the future of bitcoins. In the world of computing, people are moving from the paperless money and slowly into the digital currency. Just have a comparison in terms of use and how it has brought revolution. Talk also on some of the security flaws and shortcoming that are related to bitcoins. When we talk of internet and money, security factors must always be considered.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
December 04, 2015, 11:34:01 AM
I suggest to keep your essay simple and easy to read and understand. The average perception of Bitcoin is negative currently. So it is easier to let the audience know what Bitcoin is as it is and not to swing them to be positive.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 04, 2015, 11:12:18 AM
As you are from comp.sci dept I would suggest you to concentrate on
1. Hashing technique
2. Mining
3. Transactions
4. How to implement bitcoins as one among the payment medium

Yeah I will suggest also this points.

Have fun writing your essay.

I have done also some bitcoin essay, but I was not the only one a lot of my classmate knew about bitcoin and that was awesome to know.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2015, 10:38:01 AM
There are to many other cryptos that pretend to have qualities that bitcoin don't have. In a certain way these pretend to be better cryptocurrencies than bitcoin. There are several cryptos that are having success in the market or in the connection and the use of the technology in which they are based to be build with several business. So are not only clones but probably are offering something new or different if are able to have good value at the market. Naturally are not competitors of bitcoin in the market but most of those have even much spread in other areas of technology and economy. In other words may have something that can be interesting to analyse and to compare with bitcoin. This can be a very interesting thing to be analysed and realized and can bring a good essays. Maybe it is not necessary to analyse with all of those but with two or three chosen between the most successful ones I think that can be made. Or even with only one. That depends from the data you can have.
Activity: 84
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
December 03, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
you will get good idea if you watch the documentary "raise and raise of bitcoins", will be crisp and clear about the subject focusing on what is actually needed to understand about bitcoins.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 10:44:51 AM
As you are from comp.sci dept I would suggest you to concentrate on
1. Hashing technique
2. Mining
3. Transactions
4. How to implement bitcoins as one among the payment medium
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
December 03, 2015, 08:40:41 AM
If I made a eassay of bitcoin I will watch all the documentaries of it and focus what is the most important about bitcoin.
Good luck to you I hope you will make a good essay about bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
December 03, 2015, 07:36:32 AM
How can topic about Bitcoin be way to narrow? I don't get it. You can write about the blockchain technology in essence. You can write about its decentralized nature and why is it important for the world -snip-.

I gave you just some pointers, there is really so many things to write about out there. Just use your imagination and research.
I want a specific question as to which I will do my research on, most of your point here is related to Economics while I'm doing a Comp. Sc. related essay.

Ok, I see, my bad! Here is a possible good one. Possible influence of quantum computers on Bitcoin in the future. Is Bitcoin secure if quantum computers do show up?
Hmm, that and the earlier idea combined might just be it. Thanks for the contribution

If something like quantum computers do in fact get invented, not only bitcoin but pretty much everything that is online now would not be secure. As far as I know normal currencies use some kind of SHA encryption too.

Yes you are right. Banks are using similar encryptions for their cross banking services and online banking of their customers.

Yet, it would be interesting to speculate on certain problems and solutions that quantum computers would bring into all of the financial sector, together with Bitcoin!
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 03, 2015, 07:19:21 AM
I'd recommend focusing on the risk and reward of the blockchain. Basically an uneditable p2p ledger that is accessible by everyone. The problem is the vulnerability to quantum computers. But with those being invented, bitcoin is not the only thing at risk.
Activity: 759
December 03, 2015, 05:39:03 AM
I think you better choose blockchain technology as topic rather than only bitcoin. Blockchain will be wider topic and inside it you can talk also about altcoins which may be enough for an essay.
Hmm you're right, what topic/question specifically would you suggest I research on feature/limits/advantages of blockchain?

you can search about the bank blockchain technology and ocmpare it to the real blockchain, and see what it will be the advantage for them to run one instead of remaining with fiat

do you have any materials about this?

i've searched in the past for it and i've found those https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/08/07/on-public-and-private-blockchains/ and http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/38711/is-a-private-blockchain-better-in-any-sense-than-a-database

it seems that the only real advantage between a blockchain and a cluster of computer is the proof of integrity

thanks
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
December 03, 2015, 04:39:41 AM
How can topic about Bitcoin be way to narrow? I don't get it. You can write about the blockchain technology in essence. You can write about its decentralized nature and why is it important for the world -snip-.

I gave you just some pointers, there is really so many things to write about out there. Just use your imagination and research.
I want a specific question as to which I will do my research on, most of your point here is related to Economics while I'm doing a Comp. Sc. related essay.

Ok, I see, my bad! Here is a possible good one. Possible influence of quantum computers on Bitcoin in the future. Is Bitcoin secure if quantum computers do show up?
Hmm, that and the earlier idea combined might just be it. Thanks for the contribution

If something like quantum computers do in fact get invented, not only bitcoin but pretty much everything that is online now would not be secure. As far as I know normal currencies use some kind of SHA encryption too.
Activity: 61
December 02, 2015, 04:40:37 PM

Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
December 02, 2015, 02:52:33 PM

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
December 02, 2015, 02:30:37 PM
Hey there everyone, I'm currently finishing my diploma and have to hand in my Extended essay. My topic is going to be Bitcoin(Comp. science) , although it seemed like a good idea at start , the topic seems to be quite too narrow. I have to research about Bitcoin, what part of it should I do the research on?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Maybe the effect of block chain size to the transaction frequency or if the limit of bock chain size is limited to 1MB for the next 12 months, will bitcoin survive?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 02, 2015, 12:04:48 PM
I think you better choose blockchain technology as topic rather than only bitcoin. Blockchain will be wider topic and inside it you can talk also about altcoins which may be enough for an essay.
Hmm you're right, what topic/question specifically would you suggest I research on feature/limits/advantages of blockchain?

you can search about the bank blockchain technology and ocmpare it to the real blockchain, and see what it will be the advantage for them to run one instead of remaining with fiat

do you have any materials about this?

i've searched in the past for it and i've found those https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/08/07/on-public-and-private-blockchains/ and http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/38711/is-a-private-blockchain-better-in-any-sense-than-a-database

it seems that the only real advantage between a blockchain and a cluster of computer is the proof of integrity
December 02, 2015, 11:59:09 AM

If you are looking for some good source of material and ideas I can recommend you this publication:

Bitcoin: Questions, Answers, and Analysis of Legal Issues - https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43339.pdf

You can always answer some questions about Bitcoin's legal and regulatory concerns, including its potential for facilitating money laundering, its treatment under federal securities law, and its status in the
regulation of foreign exchange trading.
Once again, its a Comp. Sc. essay, what you are saying is more of an Economical part.
For those who do not know what Computer science is..... the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. That being said, why not go into the inner working of

Bitcoin and the algorithms being used. The most popular question being asked = Can Bitcoin be cracked? You should consider this guy for your research  --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZloHVKk7DHk

Good luck, and I hope you share the results with us.  Wink
Thanks, I was interested in "cracking" of bitcoin, but couldn't come up with how exactly I might base my research.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
December 02, 2015, 11:53:04 AM
For those who do not know what Computer science is..... the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. That being said, why not go into the inner working of

Bitcoin and the algorithms being used. The most popular question being asked = Can Bitcoin be cracked? You should consider this guy for your research  --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZloHVKk7DHk

Good luck, and I hope you share the results with us.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
December 02, 2015, 11:46:49 AM

If you are looking for some good source of material and ideas I can recommend you this publication:

Bitcoin: Questions, Answers, and Analysis of Legal Issues - https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43339.pdf

You can always answer some questions about Bitcoin's legal and regulatory concerns, including its potential for facilitating money laundering, its treatment under federal securities law, and its status in the
regulation of foreign exchange trading.
December 02, 2015, 11:29:46 AM

Pages:
Jump to: