Pages:
Author

Topic: Doing an essay on Bitcoin, need ideas - page 4. (Read 2736 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
December 02, 2015, 11:17:03 AM
Hey there everyone, I'm currently finishing my diploma and have to hand in my Extended essay. My topic is going to be Bitcoin(Comp. science) , although it seemed like a good idea at start , the topic seems to be quite too narrow. I have to research about Bitcoin, what part of it should I do the research on?
Thanks in advance for the answer

How can topic about Bitcoin be way to narrow? I don't get it. You can write about the blockchain technology in essence. You can write about its decentralized nature and why is it important for the world and the humanity in general. Then you can write about the all aspects of finances that Bitcoin can and probably will improve in the future.

You can write about how this is only a 4th or 5th money revolution in like forever besides, barter, precious metals, money, plastic credit cards, and now trustless money which Bitcoin is.

I gave you just some pointers, there is really so many things to write about out there. Just use your imagination and research.
Activity: 759
Merit: 500
December 02, 2015, 10:53:04 AM
I think you better choose blockchain technology as topic rather than only bitcoin. Blockchain will be wider topic and inside it you can talk also about altcoins which may be enough for an essay.
Hmm you're right, what topic/question specifically would you suggest I research on feature/limits/advantages of blockchain?

you can search about the bank blockchain technology and ocmpare it to the real blockchain, and see what it will be the advantage for them to run one instead of remaining with fiat

do you have any materials about this?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 02, 2015, 10:37:59 AM
I think you better choose blockchain technology as topic rather than only bitcoin. Blockchain will be wider topic and inside it you can talk also about altcoins which may be enough for an essay.
Hmm you're right, what topic/question specifically would you suggest I research on feature/limits/advantages of blockchain?

you can search about the bank blockchain technology and compare it to the real blockchain, and see what it will be the advantage for them to run one instead of remaining with fiat
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 02, 2015, 09:08:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 994
December 02, 2015, 09:07:36 AM
December 02, 2015, 07:43:42 AM
If it's a Comp Sci degree, and not something like Economics or Anthropology, I would focus on the technical aspects / innovations it brought: specifically, Bitcoin's approach to trustlessness and it's solution to the Byzantine General's Problem. There's plenty of articles and research done specifically on this topic: try searching GitHub and the Nakamoto Institute papers.
Thanks for the idea, do you think its a topic on which a research of at least 2.5 k words can be done on?
December 02, 2015, 07:42:59 AM
I think you should just focus on the new things it brings to currencies. It brings a sort of ecosystem that bp central authority is in control of, that can be profitable for miners, and convenient for users.
Going according to your idea, it would be too Economics related rather than being something related to computer science. While I need a broad topic that I can research 3k words on, it should be narrow enough that I cover majority of it
Activity: 910
December 02, 2015, 07:41:50 AM
If it's a Comp Sci degree, and not something like Economics or Anthropology, I would focus on the technical aspects / innovations it brought: specifically, Bitcoin's approach to trustlessness and it's solution to the Byzantine General's Problem. There's plenty of articles and research done specifically on this topic: try searching GitHub and the Nakamoto Institute papers.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
December 02, 2015, 07:08:55 AM
I think you should just focus on the new things it brings to currencies. It brings a sort of ecosystem that bp central authority is in control of, that can be profitable for miners, and convenient for users.
December 02, 2015, 06:53:53 AM
Hey there everyone, I'm currently finishing my diploma and have to hand in my Extended essay. My topic is going to be Bitcoin(Comp. science) , although it seemed like a good idea at start , the topic seems to be quite too narrow. I have to research about Bitcoin, what part of it should I do the research on?
Thanks in advance for the answer
Pages:
Jump to: