Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 100. (Read 195717 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 119
It seems the fork did not work as expected. Miners only earn TX fees now. Check https://water.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks or the explorer at http://cleanwatercoin.altstrade.cc/chain/CleanWaterCoin

Out of main.cpp, the following is the relevant code:

static const int64 nMinSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
static const int CUTOFF_HEIGHT = 1000000000;   // Temp max height. May need to be forked based on varied reward system
// miner's coin base reward based on nBits
int64 GetProofOfWorkReward(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 150 * COIN;
    double coinDifficulty = (double)GetDifficulty();

int64 rewardCalc = 1/(sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500));

if (nHeight == 1)
    {
        nSubsidy = 10000000 * COIN; // first block is premine
    }
    else if (nHeight >1 && nHeight <= 55) // 55 blocks for confirmation of premine
        {
            nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
        }
    else if (nHeight >55 && nHeight <= 7000)
        {
            nSubsidy = 1000 * COIN;
        }
    else if (nHeight >7000 && nHeight < 8000)
        {
            nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(20000 * sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500)) * COIN);
        }

// fork here for proper block reward - 8000 per cleanwatercoin guys

else if (nHeight >= 8000 && nHeight <= 250000)
     {
             nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(20000 * rewardCalc) * COIN);
     }

else if (nHeight > 250000 && nHeight <= 500000)
        {
            nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(15000 * rewardCalc) * COIN);
        }
    else if (nHeight >500000)
        {
            nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(10000 * rewardCalc) * COIN);
        }
    else if (nHeight > CUTOFF_HEIGHT)
        {
            nSubsidy = 0;
        }

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Note that rewardCalc is int64 type. Given that its calculation will always be less than 1/sqrt(500) < 0.05 it will be always rounded down to 0. So once it is used in a formula like nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(20000 * rewardCalc) * COIN) it will default to 0, and the nSubsidy would be 0 as well. You are practically now mining for TX fees from here till eternity. The fix? Change rewardCalc declaration to double (in the line bolded above).

Because it is obvious that THIS AGAIN HAS NOT BEEN TESTED, here is some help for that. Copy this code into a main(), envelope it with a for loop going from 1 to 500002 and then another loop from CUTOFF_HEIGHT - 2 to CUTOFF_HEIGHT + 2 and run it standalone while writing the block height and subsidy into a file. Shouldn't take you long to review the file and see if the code is working correctly.

Now where is that fork picture from earlier?  Wink
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
8 7 6 4 3 1 0 blocks to go to fork! Holding breath..

Well we're there, block 8000. Let's see what the next reward will be..

Just voted, now at 3504.
Remember to vote everyone  Wink
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
Wallet still borks out often, so much issues that Water.SuchPool.pw has shutdown the stratums. They will remain down until a real fix is being pushed. No need to waste your hashpower on many different chains.

We will keep the wallet up and running (requires resync now and then due to checkpoint errors) for you guys to withdraw your coins
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Miners and pool operators have taken over this coin.  The "devs" are nowhere to be found.  There must be a short term profit incentive in this last rush to pick up 425,000 coin block rewards.  I would imagine this coin is going to get dumped on harder than a not so clean water porta potty.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://water.suprnova.cc

is at 0% Fee currently
We've got EU Stratum Nodes
Are finding Blocks on a regular basis
we ARE paying out every minute..

hop in ! :-)

Fake Share Proof !

Updated to latest wallet & correct fork!

Hard-fork is only 51 blocks away, hopefully things will settle down a bit after that. Let's try to get back to business as normal and get listed on MintPal - don't forget to put your 5 votes in every hour.
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
We are currently at 3474 and H20 is still ahead at 4743 - let's push to overtake them!
Looks like some more people have been putting BTC into WATER votes, maybe using some of the profits gained from dumping windfall coins? Good on you whoever you are!
Activity: 252
looks like Bittrex is resyncing because the withdrawal i made over a hour age has finally confirmed ,,,whew
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This Water is contaminated Sad .
I wish you decontamination soon, because people really need clean water. I am H2O IPO holder, but I don't have anything against other charity coins and supporters of clean drinking water for all people on the world. As I know there is noble coin first coin with this idea, but there is nothing bad in copying good ideas and spread them trough community.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Just as my Deposit was Finally Confirmed I see this Sad
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Bittrex disabled CWC

Good idea until everyones on the same fork.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
What good are they if they are not able to be sent?  lol   I cannot send them to sell if I wanted too.   'Transaction cannot be completed'.

So doesn't really matter what the value of them are is because they cannot be traded.

'Transaction creation failed' rather.   Same thing.

First let me say I don't have the absolute answer, but I can offer a few things to try. Might work...might not.

Close the Cleanwatercoin-qt client, click Start and type %Appdata% and then click the Roaming folder. Open the cleanwatercoin folder and copy the wallet.dat file to a secure location.(If you only see a file called "wallet", that is the correct one) You can also use the backup wallet feature inside the client but on rare occasions this can fail, so I prefer the manual backup.

Next, right click the icon to re-open the QT client and run as Administrator..........this shouldn't make a bit of difference unless your anti-virus is doing something weird........but it doesn't hurt to do it. Now use the wallet backup feature. If it succeeds then your wallet is probably not corrupt.

Now to the sending part:
Try to send a small amount, like 500 coins and see if that goes through. The wallet Daemon has problems with transactions over 15k coins.

Didn't need to do anything other than sending 15k or under at a time.  Thanks.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I just bought some on Bittrex  but they won't confirm in my wallet.   I was lucky because I sold enough of my IPO shares to cover my cost just before the 7000 block. So im even.  But I still believe in the coin and its purpose and thought Id pick some up cheap and wait for the correction.    Of course if they never confirm in the wallet   ...thats another story

I would leave them on Bittrex for now until a new and properly coded wallet is released.
Activity: 252
I just bought some on Bittrex  but they won't confirm in my wallet.   I was lucky because I sold enough of my IPO shares to cover my cost just before the 7000 block. So im even.  But I still believe in the coin and its purpose and thought Id pick some up cheap and wait for the correction.    Of course if they never confirm in the wallet   ...thats another story
Well, there are definitely people buying! I am sure Bittrex is happy.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
On the freenode chat they said it will be maintained.

The focus is on this 400 million coins developer is to be destroyed or maintained?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
The focus is on this 400 million coins developer is to be destroyed or maintained?
I got an auto payout from another pool and the coins don't seem to be confirming in my wallet.

Been 1.5hrs

Sad
This currency is dead, developers are not able to solve the problem, they team is a group of waste!

Developers are not dead -- they are stressed, but not dead Wink

All pools have been notified to update the source, and 80% of them have already updated to the new code.

We are currently working with exchanges and pools to try to see what other realistic options are, while also testing different programing solutions as well.

This was a programming error that got overlooked before launch -- and as embarrassing as that is, we are committed to seeing this through.

+1
Pages:
Jump to: