Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 99. (Read 195717 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Miners and pool operators have taken over this coin.  The "devs" are nowhere to be found.  There must be a short term profit incentive in this last rush to pick up 425,000 coin block rewards.  I would imagine this coin is going to get dumped on harder than a not so clean water porta potty.

I've been thinking about this and Voxelot is absolutely right when he says that miners and pool operators have taken over control of this coin. If you are right (and I think you are) that a massive dump will start once this forking business gets straightened out, there is a chance for the dev team to take back control of the coin by buying it up on exchanges for mere satoshies. There should be enough dry powder from the PLC, and I think it is very reasonable to use a substantial part of it to buy up a sufficient amount of coins so they reestablish control. Once they do, the coin should be able to serve its initial mission and as the team would control most of WATER they should be able to guide the project in the originally envisioned direction.

Yep. And those coins they bought up? Can be used like an Airdrop (Auroracoin/Mazacoin) for a water project.
Activity: 265
Merit: 119
Miners and pool operators have taken over this coin.  The "devs" are nowhere to be found.  There must be a short term profit incentive in this last rush to pick up 425,000 coin block rewards.  I would imagine this coin is going to get dumped on harder than a not so clean water porta potty.

I've been thinking about this and Voxelot is absolutely right when he says that miners and pool operators have taken over control of this coin. If you are right (and I think you are) that a massive dump will start once this forking business gets straightened out, there is a chance for the dev team to take back control of the coin by buying it up on exchanges for mere satoshies. There should be enough dry powder from the PLC, and I think it is very reasonable to use a substantial part of it to buy up a sufficient amount of coins so they reestablish control. Once they do, the coin should be able to serve its initial mission and as the team would control most of WATER they should be able to guide the project in the originally envisioned direction.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/516628/cleanwatercoin-qt-8500fork-zip.html  <------repeat from an edit I made, You will need this new wallet before the fork at block 8500. Hopefully it fixes all the issues.

HUGE thanks to Introvert, voxelot, and cryptowest for not giving up!
wallet worked fine synced up fine no issues . thanks
Ha,
Good performance cryptowest.
The next fork after 8500 will be 9000?. Grin

Give cryptowest a break man, he is the one trying to make it right here.

Edit: BTW, I just realized you are the person that is supposed to help build up the Chinese community, so hopefully you are in contact with the team. If you are, could you please let them know that it would be nice of them to finally show up in this forum, which you remember is the place they announced the coin and charity and where they solicited funds for the PLC? Thank you!
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Ha,

<----------slaps Water_kel with a cold dead fish Tongue
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Ha,
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
...suddenly disappears and doesn't come out for hours on end. There is a possibility one or more of the devs is doing this too. Not good for communication, but when they go in to zen mode, they get shit done (professional coders that is).

As a coder myself, yes, this is how it works. You need 110% of your concentration with the code, NOTHING else.

Good on you CryptoWest. Wishing you luck this fork goes as planned.
BTW, if you are mining or can, please continue to do so. We have to make it to the fork to see if it works correctly.

AFAIK you will only be getting transaction fees until the fork. You won't be earning many coins but will be supporting the network while it tries to heal.
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/516628/cleanwatercoin-qt-8500fork-zip.html  <------repeat from an edit I made, You will need this new wallet before the fork at block 8500. Hopefully it fixes all the issues.

Cool! Thanks guys!

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
 Huh

Is we going to build wells on the moon or not‽
Activity: 175
Unfortunately most of the devs decided it was better to have a nap during the most crucial time of the coins existence. Maybe a plan can be made to get the coin back into proper hands and get the coding fixed. Until then, I think all mining and trading should be stopped immediately.

I agree with this. Although the fork didn't work as expected at least the crazy coin generation was stopped. The team should take some time to review and test code now without the sword of coin issuance hanging over their heads. It is important to get this right. And TEST, please!!!

You would hope they would test the next fix, however a dev has just said in IRC:

[03:49] i fixed it already
[03:49] fork at 8500

Yet another fork planned. Don't give up yet folks. ONE dev hasn't, so back him!

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/516628/cleanwatercoin-qt-8500fork-zip.html  <-------new wallet you will need before a fork at block 8500. Let's hope this one fixes all the issues Smiley
Unfortunately most of the devs decided it was better to have a nap during the most crucial time of the coins existence. Maybe a plan can be made to get the coin back into proper hands and get the coding fixed. Until then, I think all mining and trading should be stopped immediately.

I agree with this, however I question why they didn't go the stop mining and trading route once the error was discovered. Although the fork didn't work as expected at least the crazy coin generation was stopped. The team should take some time to review and test code now without the sword of coin issuance hanging over their heads. It is important to get this right. And TEST, please!!!
Activity: 175
There has been a lot of people helping with these issues that did NOT have to help, and they deserve a thank you! So, thanks! If all you guys were on a coin team, I would fucking buy that coin anyday.

Devs need to be pretty vocal at this point to keep things aboveboard, and they are not doing a good job of that at all (though they were answering questions in IRC if you asked politely). They seem to be in over their heads. They may solve the issue, but I don't see it being solved today. This coin will go in to cryostasis if they don't get wallet issues solved within the next day or two.

Bittrex certainly liked the volume, so if problems are solved soon, we will be trading again and maybe get on some other exchanges before long. Until the wallet is solid, nothing moves forward.

The charity/donation funds are also now up in the air, as the product used to raise funds was faulty. If the devs mined a ton of those coins during the bad blocks and sold them, they would then be liable for lawsuits, as that would constitute investment fraud. I don't think they want to deal with the state auditing their outfit due to a few phone calls from pissed off investors, so I assume devs will do everything in their power to protect the integrity of investment funds by continuing to work on the coin diligently, or return those investment IPO funds they held on to. If there is no coin, there is no reason to keep said funds, and they should be returned.

Again, I expect things WILL move forward, as the alternative is not attractive for anyone involved. Just my analysis of the current state of things.

I will update everyone with info as I learn it if I do not see someone from dev team doing so. Community is still important if you want to see a return on your investment of money and\or time.
Pages:
Jump to: