Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 106. (Read 195717 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right?

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
True. Everyone saying this situation might bring us some good in a future has absolutley no idea what 450 mil coins put into circulation in just ONE DAY mean for the coin, project, economy and the people who support it. There is a clear difference between steady grow and big inflation with shitload of worthless coins.

The only solution is to fork at 7000 and reverse a blockchain. I'd rather loose some pissed of miners who mined millions of coins during those 24 hours period, then people who have been with CWC from the begining.

I personally won't support it if blocks between 7000-8000 become valid. I just don't see the point and future for CWC then.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right?

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
No, you won't. But the project will very much be over imho.

Yes it will / is. That's why I think the devs should reconsider and return to block 6999. If someone buys millions of WATER-coins with a BTC right now then he definitely knows there is a bug going on and he is only taking advantage of the situation. He should also know that in these cases there is a very high risk of losing it all. So instead of trying to save some guys pennies the devs should try to save the Clear Water Coin. Beside, con artists say that only dishonest men can be cheated. I very much believe the saying covers this situation right now.

What situation? There's a price in which people are willing to sell and to buy. Why it should be took away from them? If someone is buying WATER for his 3BTC, because people ARE SELLING THEM that cheap themself, why it should be looked like taking advantage? Then why people are not taking THIS advantage and NOT selling so cheap, m? It's sellers fault not buyers.

The situation when everyone sees that there is a bug in the system and it need to be repaired. There are two kind of people. First, the ones who take responsibility and say that ok, I mined 100k coins, but I can give them away because the coin dies if we all sell these coins. Second, the ones who take advantage of the situation, sell their coins when they got something for them or the ones who buy huge amount of cheap coins and then whine that it's unfair to delete the coins because they paid for them. And no, I don't think anyone thinks the number two type is clever, they are greedy and opportunistic.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Wallet updated

MineP.it WATER Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://water.minep.it:3349 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

With a max total of a billion coins, and entry points this low, there will be huge room for growth in price, as the alt-coin market is growing exponentially and they have not started their media campaign.

Basically, this coin just flash forwarded, and only the people investing and mining now will get the bottom floor prices, then it will go up. It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right? So why not buy them while they are available and keep hitting the vote button on Mintpal. Dev team keep up PR and marketing alongside charity campaign.

This has already happened in various ways amongst other coins.

The other suggestion I saw that made sense, if we were to Re-launch instead of hard-fork, was to set a pre-mine with the new coin aside to re-compensate early investors. Increase total coins by X amount to compensate for pre-mine allocations, and start over again.

When coins give you lemons.....

Activity: 609
Merit: 500
something moves on bittrex
Activity: 378
Embrace change

Yes it will / is. That's why I think the devs should reconsider and return to block 6999. If someone buys millions of WATER-coins with a BTC right now then he definitely knows there is a bug going on and he is only taking advantage of the situation. He should also know that in these cases there is a very high risk of losing it all. So instead of trying to save some guys pennies the devs should try to save the Clear Water Coin. Beside, con artists say that only dishonest men can be cheated. I very much believe the saying covers this situation right now.

What situation? There's a price in which people are willing to sell and to buy. Why it should be took away from them? If someone is buying WATER for his 3BTC, because people ARE SELLING THEM that cheap themself, why it should be looked like taking advantage? Then why people are not taking THIS advantage and NOT selling so cheap, m? It's sellers fault not buyers.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I agree with you. I am not an IT guys, but I guess they could shut down all the nodes, release a new client with reversed blockchain, new nodes and reforked to 7000 block. If the argument against it is 60% of people will have to accept the change, then I am pretty sure all the Clean Water Coin supporters will do that and we will operate on the right fork, while the second one with 450.000.000 coins (1/2 cap value) will die eventually.

Honestly, if they fork at 8000 leaving all those mined coins, I'm out. This is the worst thing they could do for CWC.
you could delete all the coins from the block 6999?  what is the reward exactly?

Miners who are mining right now (or traders buying right now) are basically like IPO investors. You're like the guys who came in early and picked up the placer gold on the riverbeds.

Assuming this is actual gold, and not fools gold.
if the problem is from the block 7000-8000 because this pool is working on those blocks?
Not the pool, the network.
if the problem is from the block 7000-8000 because this pool is working on those blocks?
I am very glad my coins will remain intact.

Someone spent some coin.

then you will not lose coins
Yes. But devs decided to fork at 8000 so all those 450.000.000 coins mined during blocks 7000-8000 will be there.
Activity: 378
Embrace change
Yeah, I heared on IRC. This coin had a great future, but by that mistake with block reward and the decision not to refork to 7000 block, this project is as good as dead I'm affraid.

What's wrong with the devs?
I don't know. They should reverse the blockchain to refork at 7000. All the transactions made during those next 1000 blocks will be invalid.
So you mean, if somebody buy now WATER of 1BTC and it will be reforked, then he will lose his 1btc??
Jump to: