Pages:
Author

Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS) - page 46. (Read 195717 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
My research indicated around 450 million Clean water coins were created between block blocks 7000-8300ish.

Can you tell me why that happened or how that happened?

see here...http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#blockchain_data

What an incredibly biased and uninformed article. 

Haha ya. That guy wasted a lot of time writing that and probably could of saved an hour or more of his time by just randomly clicking through the thread or taking a minute to just ask?

Cryptowest has a more thorough reply than I had -- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6642739

If you find his contact info let me know and I'll email him that last post by Cryptowest so he can update his page.
Activity: 154
My research indicated around 450 million Clean water coins were created between block blocks 7000-8300ish.

see here...http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#blockchain_data

What an incredibly biased and uninformed article. 
Activity: 437
Merit: 250

A member of the development team made a small but drastic error. You can see the code on the github page:

https://github.com/CleanWaterCoin/cleanwatercoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L948

int64 GetProofOfWorkReward(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 150 * COIN;
    double coinDifficulty = (double)GetDifficulty();

int64 rewardCalc = 1/(sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500));
    double buttCalc =  1/(sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500));

if (nHeight == 1)
    {
        nSubsidy = 10000000 * COIN;       // first block is premine
    }
    else if (nHeight >1 && nHeight <= 55)  // 55 blocks for confirmation of premine
        {
            nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
        }
    else if (nHeight >55 && nHeight <= 7000)
        {
            nSubsidy = 1000 * COIN;
        }
    else if (nHeight >7000 && nHeight < 8000)
        {
            nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(20000 * sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500)) * COIN);
        }

// fork here for proper block reward - 8000 per cleanwatercoin guys

else if (nHeight >= 8000 && nHeight < 8500)
     {
             nSubsidy = (int64)((double)(20000 * rewardCalc) * COIN);
     }

The reward was meant to be 2000 *  1/sqrt(coinDifficulty + 500)) * COIN);

but the 1 was left out, and the rewards ended up huge.

After talking with the community, and in this thread, it was decided that it was not feasible to roll back the blockchain, because a large # of pool operators and nodes couldn't be contacted. Some have not even updated to the newest fork at 8000 which was where the coin amounts were fixed, and go off on their own chain.

It's not pretty, but it was decided by the team and the devs to leave the coin as is and hopefully salvage and move forward.

We got the math wrong for block payouts after 7000, and so as soon as we found out, we cloned the coin, tested it, and then forked it around the 8,500th block back to the intended block payouts that they should have been. That fork from a couple weeks back is mostly the culprit for all these wallet issues -- due to a number of rogue nodes on the wrong chain.
Activity: 370
Merit: 251

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Wallet syncs fine for me, everything worked great since the last update.  MintPal will be a move forward for WATER i understand why they are taking time to make sure everything is right.
will CWC be added to Mintpal next week?

I doubt it, hopefully all the wallet/blockchain issues will be fixed before monday...Undecided

what is the wrong with this coin, why still not fixing?

What do you perceive is wrong with the coin?

me don't have problems but : HansW refer to wallet/blockchain issues

A small amount of people are still having wallet issues, but the vast majority of us are all synced up -- and have been synced up just fine for over a week. Mintpal is still TBD, as we are in talks with new developers to finish building out the 0.1% donation feature and if we are close, we'd most certainly want to wait until that is full tested, and pushed out. We will explain more about this over the weekend as we get some testing done today and tomorrow. Smiley

I doubt it, hopefully all the wallet/blockchain issues will be fixed before monday...Undecided

me don't have problems but : HansW refer to wallet/blockchain issues

Activity: 130

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
pool shows coins sent,

wallet says:

WARNNING:Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade or notify developers.

Version 1.6.0.0

Anyone can help please...

delete everything except the wallet file and start the wallet up again to redownload the blockhain...

Today I tested the following tips
All files will be deleted. I made a copy of the wallet (i have use my old wallet.dat fail this fail update to 9.04.2014
I  sync and then copy wallet.dat fail to folder and restart wallet  i.come about 1.5 million coins, but encounter the following error WARNNING:Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade or notify developers.
then restart yo wallet and coins are less ca. 750k
and now it does not sync

delete stuff again except wallet.dat then

WINDOWS 7 :
1) Create a shortcut for cleanwatercoin-qt_4 on your desktop.
2) Right-click the shortcut and select properties.
3) In the field labeled Target type -rescan on the end.

"C:\XXXXX\cleanwatercoin-qt_4.exe" -rescan.

double click on the shortcut

thank you
i try and i have more coins then block exploer shows.
but i can see in block explorer my transactions  .I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display.
Bittrex oh Bittrex, where for art thou oh Bittrex ..How I long to trade more WATER and capitalize on the homepage ad..

Where for art thou Richie? Smiley

He's working on the Shibe wallet right now. Hit him up on IRC in our channel #CleanWaterCoin.

Sorry rough day... its fixed again Wink

Trying a new config file... hopefully this will fix it...

Thanks Richie Smiley
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
Bittrex oh Bittrex, where for art thou oh Bittrex ..How I long to trade more WATER and capitalize on the homepage ad..

Where for art thou Richie? Smiley

He's working on the Shibe wallet right now. Hit him up on IRC in our channel #CleanWaterCoin.

Sorry rough day... its fixed again Wink

Trying a new config file... hopefully this will fix it...
Activity: 87

Same for me, i've sent an email about my coins and never got a payout
Lost my hashrate since launch day for nothing !! It's unfair.  Not trusted person.

We responded to everyone (I am pretty sure). What is your email? Shoot me a PM.

yes you may have, but we still haven't got our coins. I had coins stuck in the oold pool, which you relaunched, promised to payour the coins, but they are nowhere to be seen!
Hey guys, been wondering if those wallet issues are still present. I'm sitting on quite a few CWC's now for a while and would be disappointed if the mintpal launch gets postponed again. Would be good to hear from a dev what's the plan with that. Thanks!

You looking to sell some WATER? Smiley
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hey guys, been wondering if those wallet issues are still present. I'm sitting on quite a few CWC's now for a while and would be disappointed if the mintpal launch gets postponed again. Would be good to hear from a dev what's the plan with that. Thanks!

Same for me, i've sent an email about my coins and never got a payout
Lost my hashrate since launch day for nothing !! It's unfair.  Not trusted person.

We responded to everyone (I am pretty sure). What is your email? Shoot me a PM.
Pages:
Jump to: