Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 11. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
yes, that is true. But there are people who trade on regular basis throughout a day. You need to make sure that you study the market closely and look out for the best-decentralized crypto exchanges. You can also checkout exchanges like Coinbase, Bittrex or DAKUCE.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1596
hmph..
One reason, why trader hold their coin on exchange because they dont need to sync his desktop wallet. as we know, for project without web wallet, user need to sync their wallet for long time with slow connection.
Activity: 54
A good reminder on the recent hack  incident on Coinrail. Just like that famous tip that everyone will give to you, " Only trust yourself". Don't trust any exchange or trading sites but only yourself. Even Binance which is the best is still vulnerable to hacking.

Yeah, you should be careful especially with big exchanges because there's a lot of money there and hackers strike where they can get most money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Yes use exchange for trading and dont use it for long term investment, and if you have to put big amount of money much better use more than 2 different exchange,  this way will be more safe than only use 1 exchange only. And to minimize  the risk always turn on security feature in that exchange and use the most trusted exchange.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
A good reminder on the recent hack  incident on Coinrail. Just like that famous tip that everyone will give to you, " Only trust yourself". Don't trust any exchange or trading sites but only yourself. Even Binance which is the best is still vulnerable to hacking.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
there may be some exchanges that you think are safe, because I keep some of my coins exchanged. is there a safe exchange for a long time?
Yes We don't have to hold coin on exchange for a long time. I think the most safe way is to hold it in your own wallet with private key and hold. And if you decide to sell it then sell it in the near future when price is really rising. I believe that there is a risk on holding coin on exchange.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
there may be some exchanges that you think are safe, because I keep some of my coins exchanged. is there a safe exchange for a long time?
Activity: 54
what about exchanges ?
Aren't it using hardware wallet ?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
It is true! The purpose of the wallet is to store your coins and to secure that it is safe. You are right that we should not deposit or store our coins in an exchange because there is high possibility that the exchanger can be hack by hackers.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.

I think if they are a trader it's not a problem because they need a fast buy or sell their coins, how if they keep their coins on an offline wallet? they waiting for the transaction first. But it's good for a long term investment because they usually sell their coins after a few months so it's safer than we keep our investment on exchange.
Although they are a trader then they should not save too much money on an exchange. Because to avoid the risk is very large, as we know that some time ago there was the incident that some exchange experienced hacking, it makes all the funds in the exchange hacked by people who are not responsible. I highly recommend for anyone who wants to save a lot of money then you should use a wallet that has a private key. it will be much more secure that the funds we have are much safer.
Activity: 322

I didn't know that there are some hackers in that thing hopefully and thankfully I am not been hacked. But whenever the profits of the icos that I've been through is small I just hold that coin in the exchange because you dont want to have a small profits of course you will hope for a lot more bigger. You exerted an effort in that and time you have wasted time for that and those deserves a lot of profit sometimes holding give me a huge profit but sometimes there are dead coins that leads into absolutely nothing
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
This is one of the basic things you learn as a beginner but a lot of people seem to ignore it.
Activity: 14
Treat them all like the next Gox and you wont have an issue
Activity: 224
This is pretty much basic among long time traders of this market, we know that there's a risk of hacking incident on every exchange even if it is the top exchange around the internet.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
Exchange sites are not a wallet so don't store any coins there even you said you do trading. However, this actually won't work with day traders as they need to have their coins ready in the exchange sites so they won't miss any good pump and dump. Yet of course, if you think you're done trading just transfer it to your personal wallet. Just store what you think you can afford to lose.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
If you hold your coins on any marketplaces, you don't actually have control over your funds. Only cold wallets can provide full control of your money.
Activity: 198
I don't do it now especially some of the exchanges getting hack and you think twice if they are thinking of their security or just the hackers find a better way to steal their coins. I only use exchange when i'm going to sell my coins or i need to buy.
Activity: 294
Merit: 13

I think if they are a trader it's not a problem because they need a fast buy or sell their coins, how if they keep their coins on an offline wallet? they waiting for the transaction first. But it's good for a long term investment because they usually sell their coins after a few months so it's safer than we keep our investment on exchange.
Activity: 700
Merit: 260
I really agree with what you say. other than that, we will never know how the continuation of the exchanger, they can just leave and also not responsible with their customers. no matter how much the exchange is, it's still a big risk to leave our money there.just look at the exchange now, a lot of exchanges that receive complaints from their customers and they do not even immediately fix the constraints experienced by customers. Be careful in crypto world, we just try to trade but not to safe our money in exchanges.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I agree with you, but it is not entirely. It is difficult to do this during active trading. Especially when the coins are in endless circulation on the stock exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: