Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 9. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
In a market that is constantly changing and unpredictable at the moment, it is very difficult to trade successfully. You can see that the price of bitcoins in recent days is constantly changing and difficult to predict. Therefore, the long-term investment risk will be very high, the market is in a bear market in the long-term so bitcoin prices may continue to fall deeply in the past days and can not recover.
Activity: 294
 I'm not holding them even for a one day, I'm using an exchanges only in order to trade my coins, and then I am always withdrawing my coins from them instantly.
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
Also, when something like that happens in the world, it affects the price drastically, when exchange wallets get hacked, all the prices are drop down.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
yes you are right you should not hold the bitcoin you have or any other cryptocurrency assets you have at the exchange because it will have a very high risk, and you may lose all the assets you have in the exchange. you better make withdrawal as soon as possible.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.

Of course, I would never do that. To be honest, I do not trust exchanges even if they are the most secured. Yep I know that there’s a history where a few of the exchanges have been hacked or breached, so it is better to keep all of our holdings in our respective wallets where we have the wallet seed, private key, etc. Just my two satoshis.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Please support which website or anything that can store crypto coins such as Bitcoin, Etherium, Ether classic, Litecoin...
I know some website: ETH: myetherwallet.com, WAVE: https://beta.wavesplatform.com/wallet/assets, NEO: https://neotracker.io/wallet. All of them are really good?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
yes I stuju with you can be seen lately MERCATOX also hacked but I was lucky my coin in it is still safe and I immediately sent my coins to my own wallet
You see as per most other people's experiences. Exactly what we are saying and even when sending to wallet, it is always better when using a decentralized wallet that at least gives you your private keys which you can store somewhere private.

Until we start having better decentralized exchanges with much liquidity and easy to use, then there is nothing safe with keeping funds in centralized exchanges. Although now, a lot of security features are available on these exchanges which at least gives one peace of mind, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Activity: 54
All remember situation with BTC-e and other exchange. But i agree wallet it's dangerous too.
Ledger nano s and your money is secure.
Activity: 149
All remember situation with BTC-e and other exchange. But i agree wallet it's dangerous too.
Activity: 88
many times Wallet may be hack.From my MEW 2000 Artis tubra stolen
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
For me , it is essential to hold our token on our own wallets. Stocking our altcoins or tokens in our exchange's accounts is bad option because it is not a good practice to be done by a crypto trader. We all know that some cryptos are being delisted in crypto exchanges without a prior notice to the users, that's why I prefer to hold my tokens on prohibited wallets for securing our funds.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
It's not really a good idea to put all your coin in an exchange specially if you plan it to hold for long term but I think people still prefer putting it in exchange because its convenient when you badly need to sell your coin its a risk to take and I think people are already aware with the consequences.
Yeah that is right. Exchanges are mostly not helping you when it comes to long term holding. Better option is to make a good trade and hold them in your electronic wallet. Wait, did you just write the physical wallet here? No, don’t be kidding me. How can you save bitcoin or any other coin in your physical wallet? Hahaha they are virtual currencies that can’t just be seen in physical environment.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
I agree with you, but it is not entirely. It is difficult to do this during active trading. Especially when the coins are in endless circulation on the stock exchange.
When prices are down or near to the lower edge, better is to withdraw from exchange but don’t just lose holding. Keep your coins on hold and don’t sell them in panic. Your mind should be relaxed and you must be thinking of some good moments that would keep your mind away from taking extreme emotional edges. You must save those coins in wallet until the prices just get up.
Activity: 151
Merit: 2
This is something more than important but a lot of people are just avoiding it.

I do not understand why there are so many people always keeping all their coins on an exchange! it is more than risky.

Yeah better for them to hold them in their electronic wallets. They mustn’t be keeping such high intense and important coins in exchanges because by doing so, they could be authorizing those exchange owners to take care of their coins. And you don’t know the dishonesty concealed in the hearts of humans. They can become a deceit and loot your coin just in few seconds. Don’t trust them.
Activity: 397
Merit: 100
I don't practice holding coin in exchange for a long time. Because some exchange was hacked and many coin are stolen. So i am afraid it would happen to me if i hold my coin in an exchange for a long time.
Here, I don’t think the problem is in bitcoin or their holding, despite the fact of such untrust worthiness, I still suggest you to take better information beforehand. You must know each and every detail about exchange through witch you are going to make trading. Only then you go and make some money and you can hold for long time and you May Day trade there.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
Really a wise suggestion, the long-held coin's particularly vulnerable to the existence of thieving reconnaissance either by the hacker or the owner of the exchange account.

The other thing that could lead us to regret if we hold our coins on exchanger is, when there is an airdrop for coin holders or when there is a hardfork, we will miss the opportunity to get those free money.

You're rightly because the wallet address that we use stuck on the exchange site, 
although in fact wallet account is easy to make.

I agree but partly. I will explain why, there are different situations, one of them is an active day trading, which does not allow long to store funds in wallets. Because they are always in circulation. You just have to be very careful.

Holding your token on any exchange site is not safe because its only for in and out basis, we dont know how long this exchange site will run and a lot of hacker are always there to take out your token.
Using a hardware wallet to store your token is advisable to use.

I personally strongly agree with your suggestion.
But, given the lack of knowledge about the use of 'hardware wallets' in most bitcoin users, it becomes a neglected technology, even ignored.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
I have just removed my coins from HitBTC because of some legal issues they will face. I have some fear that they might close and go away with my money. I transferred it to WAVEDEX but I dont know if transferring to a decentralized exchange is safe enough.

Activity: 412
Merit: 100
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Good advice. But on the other hand, if the price suddenly starts to fall much easier and faster to sell coins if they are on the exchange.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
VIMee - Social Network
Yes, it is not good to hold the coins for long term in the exchanges because we don't know how exchanges will react when there is any hack. So it is always good to hold some coins in the exchange for daily trading, rest you can move them to their concerned wallets.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
yes, it would not be safe if we keep the crypto we have for a long time at the exchange site because of course the site exchange network will always be online and of course it will make the crypto assets that we have will be more vulnerable to hacked. and it's best to save the crypto in the wallet with the hardware because it will be safer.
Pages:
Jump to: