Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 13. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
I believe that the most valuable and safest coin to hold in the long run at this time can only be bitcoin, you can see that the bitcoin price is changing a lot in the past few days, only a small bitcoin adjustment. It also affects the price of altcoin, so in order to invest successfully with low risk then you should invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
I prefer some hold tokens on exchanges Kucoin and HitBTC because they have 2fa authentication and good service to use and sell/buy coins
2FAs ae for your personal safety and thus no one can log into your account without you noticing. But the hackers who steal from exchanges are able to get past security measures and get into the exchanges' hot wallet where they have their funds stored and protected. It's better to withdraw your funds from exchanges if you are not doing any serious trading.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
Yes it is better to hold your coin at your own wallet than living it on exchange,
You should really keep your coin at your own wallet specially if it is not a popular one because the exchange could take it out of their system and you couldn't recover it,
I use to hold some of my coins in an exchange and forgot about it for a year then when I visited the exchange it turns out that the coin has been moved out from their system and I couldn't recover my token anymore.
Activity: 686
Merit: 359
It is the first thing we have to know about cryptocurrency and trading. We can never trust any exchange sites however decentralized exchange site seem to be more secure to hold some coin. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.

We have  to make our cryptocurrency safe because this is like a money for us. This is actually equivalent to money. Now if we will not take care of this, your own money that you have invested to but this cryptocurrency will be gone.It is right tat you transfer that to the safest place possible espeially that scammers and hackers tend to be always present and just nearby.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I prefer some hold tokens on exchanges Kucoin and HitBTC because they have 2fa authentication and good service to use and sell/buy coins
regarding hitbtc I have some doubts that their administration is honest. Despite the established two-factor auntification, I had unauthorized entries of outsiders. I can not explain it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 121
Activity: 268
Merit: 100
People can lose their money on exchange when they are careless. Im not a careless person so I do not afraid in holding coins on an exchange. However, I appreciate your opinion, it is not really good to hold a coin on an exchange. Hackers can steal your money or even the exchange decide to steal your money 
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
If you are planning to hold coins for quite a long time i recommend you to place it to a hard wallet like and ledger because sometimes exchanges just gets hacked anonymously and it's not quite safe for holdings.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Are you guys the real traders or just coin holders?  Huh

I have more than 50% of my deposit on 2 biggest exchanges & 2 small ones over a year and dont' have any problems (I fix my profit periodically of course and withdraw it from markets to my wallets). If you don't use any suspicious bots, programs, apps etc - your risk is minimal.
kxp
Activity: 144
Merit: 11
Well, the only ones who hold their tokens on exchanges are the real dumb people..
I do not understand why there are still people who really like and feel confortable about having them in there, it is more than risky!
Activity: 228
I agree for not holding the coins in exchange for a long time it's because there are so many hackers should steal your investment/coin it's better to sell it immediately to use in daily needs
Activity: 462
That is only for those long term holder, yes never store your coins in the exchange but if you are trader or day trader it must be in the exchange everyday since you need your coins to trade.
Activity: 224
I finally have bought a Ledger Nano S to store my precious coins like XRP and Neo. Feels great to sleep without worrying to much on losing everything when the exchange gets hacked. I trust exchanges like binance, but still don't want to put so much on it for hodling. Also it keeps me from gambling all my funds when they are on an exchange.
Activity: 3
what happen if you wallet does get an update of an new vision of an other wallet ... could it get lost in your old vision wallet cause you do update a new one and a what if you lose it what happen then can a get it back ... is it good in a wallet or etc. which is the best for to safetyness thx for some comments hope you got some ....
Activity: 56
Although I do like this, it is not realistic enough. Because most of them are now erc20 tokens, not real project currency, so when the project's main network starts, you need to recharge to the exchange to replace, then you will need to pay the exchange several times.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
I think, for daily traders will remain in the exchanger to make a sale and purchase transactions but who only want to sell his coins will certainly soon send a coin again to the personal wallet
Activity: 140
agreed that's why i would say decentralized exchanges are future

But most decentralized exchanges are used as dumping ground... and usually the first place to consider by scam projects. Conditions for listing token in them are not stringent and this is why projects like OTHO could scam their faithful community. How do we solve that?
Activity: 357
Merit: 102
Where did you get that one of a kind NEWS? I think it's not good to see this post in here. I think it's Good to say on here but it's not totally Good.
I think there are some reservations on this point. We need to think over it and then consider the realities and history that helps us to make good decision and observation. The thing is, exchanges should be legit so that you might not have any doubt for their negligence over your loss. Secondly, you must be considering best exchanges because they can either lift you up or just drop down.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
It is indeed not recommended to hold a big chunk of cryptocurrencies in the exchange, especially centralized exchange. The possibility of getting hacked is tremendously increased. We better to put it on our own wallet where we fully control the private keys, and for maximum security, it is worth to invest in hardware wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: