Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 18. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
I dont have other choice because my purpose to buy crypto is for day and swing trading, i have to keep all my coins in the exchange. And to minimize the risk i used 4 different exchange, and always turn on all security features. And when i get profit i will withdraw some to the fiat until my capital back full, and use only remaining profit to trade back.
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
I agree with you. You can only hold your coins in exchange if you are willing to sell them. But if you are a long term investor, it will be better you keep it in your wallet to prevent hackers from assessing your coins.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.

I agree with you its better to hold our coins in our personal wallet if this coin is a long term coin like top 5 coin in the market. Like no matter what happen bull run or bearish this coin will surely recover something like that. But if you're a day trader who depend on small profit but instant profit its better to put some of your funds on exchanges so that if there is a price spike you can sell and buy later at dip. I think any exchanges can be hack anytime just use the most trusted one to minimize the risk.
If you have planned to get into the crypto market and that you have somehow managed to invest some money into it and that you have bought some crypto coins, then it is you who has this responsibility to take care of those coins and that you need to keep them secure so that no one can take away those coins from you. if you will put your coin on exchange instead of wallet, then there are likely chances that you will suffer some loss.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
That's true much better that we careful for every we do to our coin. Exchanger is not a wallet so don't put or stay there your coin there's some wallet that we can you with private key. Put your coin to exchange if you need to sell it.
Activity: 233
Merit: 2
I really thanks for the informations you've shared to us here in the trading discussion. It was very important for me because the same as you. i've always stored my coins in an exchange site though it was advice by my friends to do that for easy transactions which could be a wrong procedure.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
agreed that's why i would say decentralized exchanges are future
Yeah these are. Literally right now it is just a hypothesis that may this coin would become so huge and this cryptos world becomes supreme in coming days or years. But this wasn’t even in thinking before 5 to 6 years. We never knew that this sort of world can become so strong that people become affiliated with them and earn money. They are now source of income for so many homes.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0
it's really true and thank you for this info..newbie like me are make aware because of this sharing idea.
-My first conclusion if you don't trade , you have no business leaving anything in there,
-my second opinion is does anyone else sees the irony of centralized exchanges for a decentralized economy?

Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

Thank you for this. Now a days many hackers will come in crypto and im scared to lose my coin. I don't understand why there are a lot of lazy people, all they want is easy money and they hack other people's account just to get coin.
Activity: 266
thanks for the information, because I also keep the coins in exchange, keep the coins in exchange for ease if I want to make a sale transaction. but if saving coins in a dangerous exchange then I will put the coin into my wallet again. .
Activity: 280
I agree, for me it is much safer if you use hardware wallet.
What is hardware wallet? A hardware wallet is a special type of bitcoin wallet which stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device.
Well it's not for free but it's worth it.
Activity: 392
so true,
this is one way to keep our assets in a safe position. and we'd better keep our coins in purses that are really awake or even better using an offline wallet.
Activity: 462
Holding your coin in a reputable cryptocurrency exchange might not dangerous to the extent that you will lose part or all of your fund. There is a risk in everything just decide the amount of risk you can take!
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
you are right.but as a trader I need to hold coins/asset in my Exchange wallet.because for regular buy sell I need to kept asset into exchange wallet.I know its risky but without its,there are no ways for regular trader.
This is the hard thing for a traders because we need to have our coins in exchange that were using to be always ready incase theres a pumping happens in our coins because sometimes pump and dump takes only minutes and if youre late,then nothing comes to you.

Maybe whats good to do is just keep in exchange those coins that you use for daytrading,and those for long term goes to the storages and wallets
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Mostly I agree with you but with different reason, most coin I have already sell after list on exchange because I need money to pay bill and for trading activity. As bounty hunter, become successful trader is my dream and payment from bounty task used for this purposes. Need fast fund make me never save ( hold ) coin too long, not to invest but for trade only.
Activity: 132
if your goal is to buy coins for long-term investments, better keep them in your personal wallet with full control of the private key, But if you want to make a profit by trading it, actually saving coins instead will be fine, just make sure all the features security is enabled.
Activity: 308
if this time as well as his coins in store first, in because bitcoin prices are now declining, if we sell now then we will lose a lot, if the store in the wallet of our coins will be safe safe.
Keeping the coin for as long depends on the investment plan that you have set. Try to implement your investment plan as I think it is the key to your success because I have witnessed many successful patrons in implementing their principles and plans.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
Although bittrex has a high security system but is not mean bittrex will never getting hacker. Exchange is not Made for hold your coin for a long time, use exchange only for trading and hold your coins on your wallet. It's better to prevent from losses than you should feel regret when you really lose your money.  
True you can trust this for short term hold but for long term think wise for it and all the negative and positive that can ever be happen if you hold it for long in any coin exchange.
Activity: 490
So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
Although bittrex has a high security system but is not mean bittrex will never getting hacker. Exchange is not Made for hold your coin for a long time, use exchange only for trading and hold your coins on your wallet. It's better to prevent from losses than you should feel regret when you really lose your money.  
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
I agree with your statements, Holding our coins for a long time in exchanges are not good because sometimes coins in exchanges are being delisted.

I believe the main reason of suggesting it is not about the deletion of the coin from the exchange. It is more about the safety purpose, we need to learn about big exchange got hacked or being a scam exchange. In this case, users cant do anything, but if there will be deletion then users will be allowed to withdraw the coins from the exchange to their own wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Even a very short amount of time does still has risk. A large exchange hack could be a crushing blow even for the bull market
Pages:
Jump to: