Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 20. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Actually, I'm also concerned about security. But my money is quite small so it is not worth buying a hard purse. because, I would also like the exchanges to secure their wallets
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
Thats what im doing budz,because i know that exchanges are vulnerable in hacking and we have no return if things happen so better save your coins in wallet or storages than leaving this in exchange.

I have some friend that once become a victim and until now hes funds is gone and the exchange continues do deny that he has a lost funds on them
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
If someone is not taking the necessary measures to protect his private keys and etc. then it's actually safer to keep it on an exchange(better ones)

Then with your statement no exchange will be hacked as every exchange uses the best measures to keep the funds of their users safe but unfortunately hackers always find some loop holes in the system and attack on exchanges. I know there are many exchanges which comes with regular updates to avoid any malware in the system but so does hackers, hence it is generally advised that we should not hold coin in exchanges for long period of time due to uncertainty of losing your funds under any external attacks.
Activity: 837
Merit: 500
Mt Gox like exchange is already over unless you are using exchange that don't have KYC and not approve by SEC.  The regulation in cryptocurrency is now good compared to previous years that's why Chinese exchange are mostly closed since they can't comply.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.

For me are comportable to hold my coins in online exchange whre i work my rading job yes if do not know how to handle your coin holding in the exchange have possible to lose your investment but need to monitor everyday to avoid loses the coin because every time you transfer the coin you have need to fee the itransaction.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
If someone is not taking the necessary measures to protect his private keys and etc. then it's actually safer to keep it on an exchange(better ones)
Activity: 152
Merit: 12
Of course, holding your coins on the exchange can lead you to lose a lot of money.
It happened to me on the past, and i do not want to repeat the same thign again..

I was holding a bunch of money on my bittrex account, and they didn't let me withdraw my coins out of there
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
yes you are right you should not keep the bitcoin or altcoin assets you have at the exchange because I think it is very risky, you better keep the assets you have in a safe place like a blockchain wallet.
Activity: 218
Merit: 0
I agree with you, but it is not entirely. It is difficult to do this during active trading. Especially when the coins are in endless circulation on the stock exchange.
If we are safe and take care of our wallets, we will protect them with programs like metamas ... etc. So our wallet will be safer and we will hold it for a longer time than it is now. Many people have won in the Crypto market because of patience, so hold on as long as possible if you are patient enough.
Activity: 149
Yes, keeping your crypto on the exchange for too long is one thing that increases your risk for crypto. Sometimes hackers can hack and execute transactions with them. And maybe the exchange managers can create a plot to take over all the crypto on exchange,
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
It is useful to hold a little amount of crypto coins on exchanges, especially for frequent trading, that's why people do it. And some of people are just lazy to install and get to know with hardware wallets, well they regret it later.  Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 17
Maybe your idea is very useful for people who want to invest long term. But not suitable for day traders, because most daily traders only hold the coins in a matter of days the longest and the fastest in just minutes.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs

For me, storing on their respective wallets are more safe and secure than just putting it on exchanges for a very long time. As of now, there are some few exchanges that are being targeted by hackers, so for me, it is not good to store all of our coins and tokens in the long run. If you choose to be a long-term trader, it’s highly recommended that you should put them in its respective wallet. As for day traders, there’s a reason why you should keep them in the exchanges for yout continuous daily trading which is indeed a high risk. Just my two satoshis.
Activity: 225
This is more than true, i have lost a lot of money on HitBTC because of holding my tokens in there, they did not wanted me to withdraw the money from there, and that is the main reason of why i lost a lot.
Just follow those advices guys, don't hold any token/coin in an exchange.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I agree with you, but it is not entirely. It is difficult to do this during active trading. Especially when the coins are in endless circulation on the stock exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Don't hold all of your coins on exchange, never ever. You should have enough on exchange for your activities, but never more then that. When I make some profit I exchange part of it, sometimes I return myself on starting amount, I never trade with more then I can afford to lose, and that's old gold rule, who forgets it pays sooner or later for that. Last year we didn't see exchange crash, it was case with exchange sites before, but looks like most of them are taking more care this days, they have better security, more protection, but its better to feel safe then to regret later, so keep your money safe on a safe place, that's a wallet, hardware, keeping money on exchange is always a risk, so be careful whom you trust.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
I second you because when you transfer your coins to the personal wallet you basically minimize the risk of being hacked, because in the exchanges there are a lot of Users, Transactions that shows high risk of being attacked by Cyber criminals.
Activity: 70
exactly, holding coins on exchange is more risk than holding on your own wallet like erc20 or ledger. because, the cryto exchange always is prefer goal of hackers. There is million and trillion dollar on exchange, and its also lack of protection than the exchange.
Activity: 37
Use 2FA and don't use bots or give access to anything to your exchange.
If you wanna use a bot, make a separate account for it.

If you wanna trade and you have 2fa on your exchange and
you also have 2fa on your email and
you didn't give any access to bots or anything, you should be fine if you don't trade big amounts depending on your portfolio.
Activity: 122
short time trader and day trader can hold but i suggest if you hold long time must send your personal hardware wallet
Pages:
Jump to: