Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't hold your coin on exchange for long time. - page 19. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 5
if this time as well as his coins in store first, in because bitcoin prices are now declining, if we sell now then we will lose a lot, if the store in the wallet of our coins will be safe safe.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
So please don't hold your coin on exchange for long time.
That is very good information, because in fact it is the right thing. Holding coins with large amounts and a long time in an exchanger is a risky action. As it happened some time ago, there was an exchange that experienced a system failure. Security exchangers are successfully penetrated by hackers and in the end all users listed on the exchange lose all the money they have. This is the thing that is avoided, therefore we should be able to choose the best thing, save on a hardware wallet can be an option because it will avoid ourselves from losing the coin that we have.
Activity: 217
Merit: 17
I agree with your statements, Holding our coins for a long time in exchanges are not good because sometimes coins in exchanges are being delisted.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
It depends to the exchanges if it is really secure exchanges like binance then it's ok to hold your coin on exchange, but ye it's better to hold the coins in your hardware wallet so it's 100% secure.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
I agree with you, if we holding coin on the exchange will be many risks like coin hack, exchange stopped and other problems.
I recommendation use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor because of high security.
But you must keep the 24-word seed to recovery.
Even with the exchanges our funds were secure. For this we need to select the best exchange service, because one with the best reputation will never let their users get scammed or get into any security issues. Holding on exchanges and different trading platforms were good for daily traders.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Yes, Since it is highly volatile we can't assure our assets will go forward, That's why we have to keep something for ourselves. If you think you already achieved the right amount of profit you may transfer your coins to offline storage to avoid possible hack and loss its value.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I would advice to use DEX (decentralized exchange). You get all the trading features of a 'regular' exchange, minus the risk.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
I agree with you, if we holding coin on the exchange will be many risks like coin hack, exchange stopped and other problems.
I recommendation use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor because of high security.
But you must keep the 24-word seed to recovery.
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
not holding coins in exchange for long-term is a valuable suggestion for a new crypto trader we never what happens once the exchange is in problem
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
yes it is very dangerous what if you lose your coins when you intend to exchange your coins and you lose your coins due to negligence. saving coins in exchange is very risky
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
I so much agree with this. There are unexpected scenarios wherein the system of an exchange will be hacked. We must still be play safe and secure in all the things we are doing associated with cryptocurrency especially with our hold coins. We can still put our coins in an exchange but not so long. Though some say established exchanges cannot hack, honestly, we can not say what may happen in the future.
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time
Yes, I think it is the preferred form of choice from long-term investors and traders. In some cases, I think putting a coin on a reputable exchanges and secure will bring confidence and peace of mind. I put my funds and coins in binance for 6 months now.

If we invest af reputable exchanges they had their most secure token storage while you're not still planning to sell your holdings. You could set a security confirmation through email, just like what I did with my cryptopia exchange site. The transactions on log in went out very safe upon accessing the trading environment.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I am pretty sure most people who have been involved with Bitcoin for the last few years either keep their coins in a paper wallet, cold storage or a hardware walllet.

We have all been there and saw that guy standing outside of MtGox holding a sign that read "Where are our Bitcoins"?

However most new people don't have that experience and they just keep it on an exchange because it's safer than keeping it on their Windows desktop with malware. Or they don't know how to do a proper cold storage. Or they don't know where to buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
So what exchange that can be hacked by hacker,usually i hold some coin on bittrex,it is safe? I think yes,this exchange never getting hacked for a long time

Actually all exchange site can be hack by the hacker if their project not totally secure, but in Bittrex i didn't see any negative comment that their fund hack by the hacker, so i think that is safe, but why you want to hold your coin to that exchange site? I think much better to hodl your fund on your wallet like hardware wallet 'cause exchange site not the place to store your fund use that if you want to trade.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
If you wish to hold some coin then use exchange only for during exchange. Just exchange your coin and transfer on your personal wallet that you have controlled. Specially you can use hardware wallet.
Because many exchange hacked buy hacker. Many people loss their capital by hack.
Well only noob will do that.leaving the coins inside the exchange because we know that many hacking happening on those sites.its better to save all of that after you make trading for our safeties.

Exchanges is not the place to store your coin, only store the coin that you want to trade in exchanges, exchanges got a bad reputation to hold coins, and learning from experience, exchanges could be a dangerous place to store your wealth, don't lazy to move your coin to wallet, it's better to do extra work rather than losing money
Yups thats why its called exchange meaning you will only do trading there and wallets or storage is the place to hold our coins.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
Exchanges is not the place to store your coin, only store the coin that you want to trade in exchanges, exchanges got a bad reputation to hold coins, and learning from experience, exchanges could be a dangerous place to store your wealth, don't lazy to move your coin to wallet, it's better to do extra work rather than losing money
Activity: 29

What is your favorite hardware wallet or desktop wallet?
Activity: 182
Yes, I think it is the preferred form of choice from long-term investors and traders. In some cases, I think putting a coin on a reputable exchanges and secure will bring confidence and peace of mind. I put my funds and coins in binance for 6 months now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
All the exchange are in the danger of getting hacked so if your exchange got hacked means you can't do anything.

No exchange is safe to hold anyncoins.

If an exchange never get hacked yet doesn't means that it will be safe to hold even hacker can hack our accounts by breaking 2FA even.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252

This is always the advice of those people who lost their coins because the exchange was hacked. If you have large amount of coins in the exchange because there is always risk that the exchange will be hacked and the hacker will get your coins in which case you will lose large amount of money so better just trade for the day and then withdraw your coins afterwards so reduce your risk and if possible store your coins in a hardware wallet. Those who are trading in Mt. Gox before lose a large amount of coins so they are always the one advising not to store coins in the exchange because they learned their lesson and as what they say, if you don't hold your private key in that wallet then it is not your coin.
Pages:
Jump to: