Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't just hold your altcoins for a long time! - page 2. (Read 1411 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Of course knowing the update of the coin is very important for holders of long-term investments. I experience the same thing when I don't swap coins that I hold. and finally the coins I could not use. Following the project update is strongly recommended for holders.
I wish I knew this info like a year ago when I lost my funds almost the same way as op described it.
there should be a list of these recommendations or something
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
I like to keep Altcoins in my cryptocurrency portfolio. I believe that in the future coins will bring at least 300% of the current price level.

Big hopes. I didn’t think that people like you still remained. It is interesting within what time periods you expect such an impressive growth of 300%.
Most likely in the long run 5-10 years, because in the near future such growth is unlikely to be possible. But whether your projects will be alive in 5-10 years is a big question.

If not sell, it is unlikely that they have lost money in this market. I think that if the long-term investment is selected during this period, the opportunity is definitely still available to investors and they can be more optimistic. However, very few people can hold for 5 to 10 years because this is a very long time and people will tend to choose new coins more.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
not to worry as long as you hold the top altcoin in the market for a certain period. the most important thing in investing is that you can manage financial management correctly and always monitor the coins you invest. so you won't lose the chance to sell when your coins increase.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 2
You are absolutely right, it can trouble us any day. If the holding amount is large & you hold 2/3 altcoins then damage can be prevented by following the project update regularly. But if you have a lot of altcoins in stock then it is difficult to follow the project update. So in my opinion, it's better not to hold for a long time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There is a huge number of projects that change the coin name and they allow you to change that currency shortly afterward with the swap. But there are many people like myself and you who do not have to swap them at certain times and have their coins is valueless. That's why the project owners are benefited. So be careful everyone before time goes .

As I know, but you should do check it, swap is when the project creates their own chain and they move from
some platform to their own chain. That happened to me as well, with Tron. It was ERC token at first, but when
they made their own chain all Tron ERC tokens should be swapped for Tron coins.
   If you made this mistake it's on you. They announce swap months before it happens. You should follow news
from projects you invested in.
Activity: 129
There is a huge number of projects that change the coin name and they allow you to change that currency shortly afterward with the swap. But there are many people like myself and you who do not have to swap them at certain times and have their coins is valueless. That's why the project owners are benefited. So be careful everyone before time goes .
Activity: 79
Merit: 1
I have been investing in some projects for a long time. I believe that your feedback will come to my attention. I'll join them on social media today and keep them updated. Thanks for sharing your valuable experience with us.
Activity: 811
Merit: 20
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Of course right if i take long time holding any altcoins then i need always follow their channel like telegram and social media with check project roadmap activity. Because if we got store a unless coin then our money will gone even we can't expect profits.
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
Keeping track of altcoins is stressful, we all know that! And while apps are used by some people to help them with that most people just don't have the time or have the energy to keep an eye on them, so unless there's good volatility around the alts your holding there's no point in having them fr the sake of a potential profit in the very distant future. For me its not worth the hassle, and only keeping the alts that will definitely change the market like ETH. That's my approach anyway

I agree with you. People have forgotten that most altcoins do have their ATH immediately after first exchange listing and when you miss that chance, it will be hard for you to gain anything tangible again from holding such altcoins. The bottom line is, most altcoins ain't worth holding while in bear market condition because majority of them dosen't have a strong community to provide the needed volume and when the volume of a coin thins down, the price begins to take a downtrend movement. Altcoins are a good options when the market is bullish not otherwise
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Bounty Detective
Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!
I agree buying from the ICO and hodling their coin for a long time is a very risky decision.
Because it is very hard to predict the price even though the team gives you a good news . The price will still be disapointing. . And i think the best thing to do now is to buy a  known coin so you will know that it has a big number of investor will it make the coin gives a possibility to pump.
Activity: 966
Merit: 260
Keeping track of altcoins is stressful, we all know that! And while apps are used by some people to help them with that most people just don't have the time or have the energy to keep an eye on them, so unless there's good volatility around the alts your holding there's no point in having them fr the sake of a potential profit in the very distant future. For me its not worth the hassle, and only keeping the alts that will definitely change the market like ETH. That's my approach anyway
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
Use blockfolio or other apps that works like blockfolio, that's why these app are created, to keep track of coins and tokens right from you mobile, if the project is new then you have to separately keep track on the project for example staying up to date on telegram group
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
Yea this is true, I have had this experience before and it was with one coin I got through airdrop. These altcoins are going to give you a lot of stress and that’s the truth. If you don’t want to go through all the stress of holding an altcoins and trying to keep up to date it’s best that you forget about them. If you know that you’re not ready keep up with the coin, it’s best for you to look for another coin.

This is the reason I’m mostly now focused on Ethereum and Bitcoin because there is not going to be anything, although this kind of thing rarely happens.
Activity: 163
There are altcoins that is worth holding for a longer time, only if you do a thorough research, you will notice they are worth holding for a loner time, only that many fear taking risk. there are some risk that is worth taking and at the end it is worth it. The point is, do a thorough research before thinking of holding any altcoin for too long.
Activity: 445
Agree, holding of coins for a long time is not required today.. Especially now that market is so volatile... A lot of coins did swapping to survive it's value but a lot of investors are not aware of it... So instead we gain profits a lot of us lost our investments... So better to hold those coins that have a stable value in market...
Activity: 924
Merit: 256
of course, to hold a good altcoin for a long time is also at risk, well the name of investment also has its own risks. but no, if you're smarter, detailed about the project, always monitor team development, the price of tokens & their projects. at least you must know how to survive and take advantage in long-term investments.
when I know that long-term investment in altcoin has a risk then I prefer not to save altcoin that does not have a good reputation, I will only choose altcoin in the top 10 so that I can minimize the risk when storing altcoin for the long term.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
of course, to hold a good altcoin for a long time is also at risk, well the name of investment also has its own risks. but no, if you're smarter, detailed about the project, always monitor team development, the price of tokens & their projects. at least you must know how to survive and take advantage in long-term investments.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
Many have made this mistake of holding altcoins and then exiting the telegram group which ends up bad for them most times. From one side you can't really blame the project because they are aiming for efficient services hence the need to migrate to a new blockchain or their blockchain thus the reason for swapping which some users always miss. In my own opinion, i agree with you, if you tend to hold for long always check the group or any possible channel once in while to be updated on the happenings within the platform.
Activity: 646
Merit: 100
tozex.io
You are very right. If you feel you want to to hold any coin you consider as a good coin,if it's for long term,always try to follow their social handle,and like he said their telegram group to know what is going on with the coin,like case of swap as OP said else you will find out that your holdings is worthless if you are not updated.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
and also actually holding altcoin in the long run is a bit risky, unless you choose alt which is really good like eth, bnb, xrp and others at the top.
if you only hold new coins listed in the market and hope the next 6 months will rise, it is too risky.
80% of projects listed in the market will not last for a long time.

Even holding the coins that you have listed is risky. ETH lost more than 90% of its value in 2018, due to the destruction of the ICO market. The less we talk about other alts such as XMR, that much better. Cardano lost an unbelievable 98% of its value in 2018. And there is no guarantee that it is not going to happen again. Even Bitcoin has lost more than 50% of its value so far this year.
Pages:
Jump to: