Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't just hold your altcoins for a long time! - page 3. (Read 1411 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!
Knowing the updates of a coin that you are holding is really important for you to be updated in news and their development, but not all altcoins are worth it to hold because not all of them have a good team members to maintain the coins good value, that is why you should make a good decision whether you sell or hold your altcoins.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Don't hold some good but random altcoins for a long time. If you still want to hold then don't leave their telegram group or other social accounts, check updates on a regular basis. Because if you just hold and keep it in a wallet for 2 years then who knows after 2 years your coin's value may turn into zero value, because of the swap!

I lost many coins because of swap things! Recently Insolar is swapping their token, I did not know about it, because I have been holding for two years but did not care enough as the price was very low! Today I was checking the Coinmarketap android app and saw Insolar coin increased by 530% but their ticker is XNS when I knew it was INS! So, I joined their telegram and get the updates about the swap! Unfortunately, If I fail to swap on time then all of the value of my holding coins will be zero! So, except Bitcoin, Ethereum, don't trust any coin for just buy and hold for a long time, rather keep updating yourself!
But that is the risk of having altcoins specially those comes from Bounty in which at some point leaves us no option but to hold ,there were times that after receiving the payments from the job suddenly the value turns to almost zero so what can we do?stay holding and forgetting that we have the said coins until time comes that the project comes alive again.

But the swapping is what made us lose totally because after that our holding will be nothing at all.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
and also actually holding altcoin in the long run is a bit risky, unless you choose alt which is really good like eth, bnb, xrp and others at the top.
if you only hold new coins listed in the market and hope the next 6 months will rise, it is too risky.
80% of projects listed in the market will not last for a long time.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
good advice but it seems like it doesn't really apply to alt in the top ranks, they will definitely develop or have goals for the future.
while for alt which is far below 100, use it only for daily trading and not for long-term saving.
or for the good reason you can save btc for long term, and alt like eth,xrp,bch,bnb.
- I think it still applies to top altcoins because of the fact that top coins can no longer sustain an upward trend in the long run, except for bitcoin can still attract capitalization very steadily, top altcoin almost had to share capitalization with the altcoin below. Their potential has been used up and there have been no new changes while their competitors are too potential and constantly changing, top altcoins can only explode in a short time, long-term holding will not be able to optimize profits, this is the time for us to think carefully about holding.
Activity: 531
Merit: 100
It depends on the altcoins we hold, if we hold the top altcoins in this market, we will surely get a profit in the long run. But if we hold altcoins outside the top 10, in the long run these altcoins can collapse and die. Over the past 3 years I've seen thousands of altcoins like this, need to be very careful before making investment decisions.
Activity: 795
Merit: 10

You're very correct.  I have similar experience too. I got some altcoins via airdrops and bounties, I decided to hold them for a while probably because of the hype they got then. Unfortunately, I was away for a while from their telegram communities.  Behold when I later checked the update about the coins, it was so pathetic. Some that listed at $0.01 have become $0.00001. I just have them as decorative coins in my wallet now.  It will do us a lot of good checking update if possible on a daily basis should you want to hold any altcoin.
Activity: 983
I've heard people losing their tokens due to lack of information and all. Most Eos holders lost their tokens during the token swap. We should try to stay updated with these tokens especially when we hold them in our private wallets not on the exchange.
That is common if you lose tokens due to lack of information or when you swap, because tokens that have been swapped already have a new contrac address, so the old contrac will no longer be visible in someone's personal wallet.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
good advice but it seems like it doesn't really apply to alt in the top ranks, they will definitely develop or have goals for the future.
while for alt which is far below 100, use it only for daily trading and not for long-term saving.
or for the good reason you can save btc for long term, and alt like eth,xrp,bch,bnb.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
I've heard people losing their tokens due to lack of information and all. Most Eos holders lost their tokens during the token swap. We should try to stay updated with these tokens especially when we hold them in our private wallets not on the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Well, as a holder of the coins, we should always stay update about the news on the coins we hold.
Not staying up to date means we don't know the latest info about our coins, which is bad
Swap information is important because it usually require our action to get the new coin of swapped coin.
Up to date information to the project that we are holding, important updates needs right actions to take. If you'll missed things like this surely you also
missed every opportunities. If you are holding any coin you have to visit their website every now and then, knowing what are the progress and what are
the directives from the developing teams in order for you to know what will be your next plan,. whether to keep holding or if there's  a need of dealing with your assets.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!

I lost many coins because of swap things!
Sometimes I question the need for these swaps. There are projects which swap immediately they are launched and one begins to wonder why they didn't swap before launch. My fair conclusion on that is that such projects had a bunch of confused team members and a shaky end. However, I don't have issues with projects that automatically swap their tokens and effect the change in all tokens held in private wallets. It's a good way to go. And not the manually done swaps.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
Well, as a holder of the coins, we should always stay update about the news on the coins we hold.
Not staying up to date means we don't know the latest info about our coins, which is bad
Swap information is important because it usually require our action to get the new coin of swapped coin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
You are saying just but the truth, I personally list huge dye to lack of follow up and I trusted the project and team not to disappoint me but they ended up not watching their coins movement, funny enough all dumped on me and I lost hugely, they are still functioning but volume isn't as before. It's best to follow up projects on their social handles so as not to miss out.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Carnomaly sounds familiar, but cannot remember for sure. What exactly are they coming with? Can you elaborate?

In few words, Carnomaly will become the first company ever to offer a worldwide rebate for an automotive purchase. Both new and used vehicles will apply, as long as they are purchased from a verified legal dealer anywhere in the world. Upon completion of our consumer platform, Carnomaly will begin buying back tokens to replenish the rebates. Of course, there are much more advanced features, so I recommend you to Google them and have a look at their website
Activity: 154
Hello. You strategy definitely makes sense and what I would add here - there are many abstract solutions with almost no practical value. As for what I can recommend, one of the most advanced concepts I am aware of is Carnomaly. Have you heard of it? Guys are bringing new standards onto automotive industry

Carnomaly sounds familiar, but cannot remember for sure. What exactly are they coming with? Can you elaborate?
Activity: 112
Much depends on particular solution, I would say. Cause talking about me, I am always evaluating different parameters from concept to technology, innovations, roadmap, milestones. And I wouldn't say that I've found out many advanced solutions that are available on the market. What is your approach here? And are there any innovative solutions you can recommend?

Hello. You strategy definitely makes sense and what I would add here - there are many abstract solutions with almost no practical value. As for what I can recommend, one of the most advanced concepts I am aware of is Carnomaly. Have you heard of it? Guys are bringing new standards onto automotive industry
Activity: 154
Much depends on particular solution, I would say. Cause talking about me, I am always evaluating different parameters from concept to technology, innovations, roadmap, milestones. And I wouldn't say that I've found out many advanced solutions that are available on the market. What is your approach here? And are there any innovative solutions you can recommend?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 115
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
The mistake you made was leaving their telegram or social media account, so you miss all the important information they update. Experience is the most valuable lesson, the loss that you experience can still be corrected in the second chance. If you want to keep a coin for a long time, you should choose the top 10 coins in the coin market.
right, for beginners it's better to invest in the top 10 rankings, so the funds are safe. I think a good defense is to secure the funds we have. and the thing to remember is don't assume it's easy to make money in the crypto world, we have to know the risks, so we have to do research really seriously
Activity: 378
Merit: 15
Bitcoin is the only coin anyone can hold anyhow without worrying about swap or new forks or something of such, if you want to be an altcoin holder you have to stay active, do not lock away without looking back, it's dangerous
Activity: 983
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Noted to everyone for always checking any news or updatw from the project that you invest in. We need to search new information from that project or this case will happens to you. Well at least you learn something from this bro.
Pages:
Jump to: