Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't pay! Ultimate Crypto-Server Installer Script setup your pool in minutes! - page 3. (Read 5076 times)

copper member
Activity: 344
Merit: 0
Hi,

Still having the same issue at the last of the questions.

It shows this text "PublicIP" instead of the actual IP address the server has been issued by my routers DHCP.

Tried multiple time with entering in my actual IP address, with the same results.

How do I set "AdminPanel". The IP address that it shows me is my ISP's main address for my router. I want to use my private network IP address to access the AdminPanel.
What is the correct syntax.

Thanks

i see the issue. I need to add a check for you guys that are logging in locally Smiley ill push it here shortly
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Hi,

Still having the same issue at the last of the questions.

It shows this text "PublicIP" instead of the actual IP address the server has been issued by my routers DHCP.

Tried multiple time with entering in my actual IP address, with the same results.

How do I set "AdminPanel". The IP address that it shows me is my ISP's main address for my router. I want to use my private network IP address to access the AdminPanel.
What is the correct syntax.

Thanks
copper member
Updated the installer and now installs on Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04

tried on a virtualbox machine - it just stops after selecting the "external ip for admin purposes" ending at the prompt without any further message.

tried external ip ..
tried the ip of my local machine i would use
tried 127.0.0.1 to acess it from exactly this VM.

any ideas? Smiley

also tried various settings before like "with autoexchange yes/no" and "with ports per coin yes/no"
always stopped at the same menu action of setting the admin ip

fresh install of ubuntu 18.04!

are you leaving the ip that it shows? or are you entering a new one? also are you using your numberpad keys or the upper keys?
Activity: 281
Merit: 130
Crypto Addicted

tried on a virtualbox machine - it just stops after selecting the "external ip for admin purposes" ending at the prompt without any further message.

tried external ip ..
tried the ip of my local machine i would use
tried 127.0.0.1 to acess it from exactly this VM.

any ideas? Smiley

also tried various settings before like "with autoexchange yes/no" and "with ports per coin yes/no"
always stopped at the same menu action of setting the admin ip

fresh install of ubuntu 18.04!
copper member
copper member
Its setup this way for a few reasons. The biggest reason is because most people that would actually need this installer have no clue about linux and would not create a user and would install everything under the root account.

So the installer is setup to be first ran under root to force you to create a proper user account, log out of the root user, and log in to the user account to setup the server.

There is really nothing special about the user account it creates besides automatically adding passwordless sudo functionality.

To be honest the only reason you can not start it from an already created account, is because when I was writing it, my thoughts like I said was more on the new to linux users then the people with linux knowledge so there are some "preflight" things that happen like dir structures being made, checks for some required packages, etc that all happens before you reboot in to the new user account to continue the install.

And frankly, I just havent moved those checks to happen if you launch from an already created user account. So installation will fail.

And no none of this works on 18.04, there was a point where you could do a multi server setup and the web, db, and stratum could be on 18 but the daemon server still had to be on 16. So to avoid confusion its just all 16. 
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Hi,
I have a few questions:

Why does your install script require to be run by root?
I do not see anything in bootstrap.sh that cannot be run by sudo.

Also, why can you not use an already created user?
What's so special about the new user created by the script?

I see you have a script for Ubuntu 18.10. Does it work on 18.04 LTS?
Can I run a local network copy of it on my Ubuntu box just so I can try it and learn it?
I would run a couple localnet miners against it to test it out.

Reading from: https://github.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/wiki/Install

Thanks Smiley
copper member
Hello all

I am trying to setup this pool, but keep getting stuck at the yiimp server install. I keep getting redirected back to the new user command prompt.
I am a noob to Linux, and limited network knowledge, so anyone's help would be appreciated.

I've seen the video's and read, and re read the github info, but it seems it always stops at the same point. I'm not sure if I'm entering in the correct information. I must be doing something wrong as it always exits out of the installer.

During the install GUI it ask for a lot of information I am not familiar with, but entered what I thought was the correct information.
I am trying to set up a private pool, on my own network, which is behind(cascade) my Internet providers DSL modem/router.

Domain Name: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Using Sub-Domain: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Install SSL: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use AutoExchange: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use Dedicated Coin Ports: what should I use/select(Y or N)?

Domain Name(data entry): what should I use?
Stratum URL: what should I use?
System Email: what should I use?
Your Public IP: what should I use? this is where it exits out of the installer and back to command prompt.

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, I am trying to install on my own personal server, not thru a cloud or hosting service.....if it makes a difference.

Ive just pushed a new version of the installer to github that has changed the initial questions. The first question is will ask is if you are using a domain name, if you are not and just using the server IP select no and it will skip some of the other questions that are not required for it. Obviously if you are using a domain name select yes and you will be prompted with some additional questions.

You can always jump on our discord channel, we have a very active yiimp community on there with a good deal of pool ops willing to help out.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Hello all

I am trying to setup this pool, but keep getting stuck at the yiimp server install. I keep getting redirected back to the new user command prompt.
I am a noob to Linux, and limited network knowledge, so anyone's help would be appreciated.

I've seen the video's and read, and re read the github info, but it seems it always stops at the same point. I'm not sure if I'm entering in the correct information. I must be doing something wrong as it always exits out of the installer.

During the install GUI it ask for a lot of information I am not familiar with, but entered what I thought was the correct information.
I am trying to set up a private pool, on my own network, which is behind(cascade) my Internet providers DSL modem/router.

Domain Name: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Using Sub-Domain: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Install SSL: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use AutoExchange: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use Dedicated Coin Ports: what should I use/select(Y or N)?

Domain Name(data entry): what should I use?
Stratum URL: what should I use?
System Email: what should I use?
Your Public IP: what should I use? this is where it exits out of the installer and back to command prompt.

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, I am trying to install on my own personal server, not thru a cloud or hosting service.....if it makes a difference.
Activity: 164
Merit: 13
I already have a yiimp pool setup, would the coin/daemon script portion work even tho I did not install it using your script originally? Curious..

so as of right now, no. It will not work with any default installation of yiimp. At some point ill make a version that will. But in all honesty, with lack of donations I have lack of desire to code lmao.

I understand completely. I'm just learning so I'll try it the not so easy way lol....I appreciate the quick answer..
Yes I tried your script for installing the pool (didnt try the daemon/coin installer) and ran into issues with getting my coin in the pool...So i installed manually with the original yiimp and trying everything manually so I can learn..I would donate if I could - i'm broke haha
copper member
I already have a yiimp pool setup, would the coin/daemon script portion work even tho I did not install it using your script originally? Curious..

so as of right now, no. It will not work with any default installation of yiimp. At some point ill make a version that will. But in all honesty, with lack of donations I have lack of desire to code lmao.
Merit: 13
Merit: 6
Hello
Can anyone recommend a hosting company that allow installing mining pool?
What is the hardware requirement for running a pool?
Thank you

Personally i went for 16xvCPU and 65Gb ram - 1.2 TB SSD-  at vultr.com  in VPS services , really fast and worth it
copper member
Activity: 4
Thank you for this.
Can I ask you something "personal" on private PM?
copper member
Hello
Thank you

These are the min specs I always recommend. For host providers I say if you can afford it go with dedicated otherwise, Vultr digital ocean, etc.

https://github.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/wiki/Server-Requirments
Activity: 4
Hello
Thank you
Everything went smooth at the end. Website is up and mining pool is working great.

As i am a noobie in the ubuntu world, i made many mistakes.

I am so sorry for the disturbings and thank you very mutch for the help
Errors on the daemon installation :

I opened the specific port for RPC port of the daemon, with the command sudo ufw allow portnumber

i even rebooted server just in case, also reloaded ufw, tried also disabled it and enabled it back, then reboot server again.

Also i even tried to open ALL ports for tcp and udp, that doenst change anything, always same error :

ERROR Failed to connect to "serveripaddress" "portnumber" : Connection refused

I even mentionned the ufw to put all rules on IPv4 only, and not IPv6 as it is by default (and shouldnt) .... and not mentionned in the script...

Something wrong with the script at this part

there is nothing wrong with the script, "ERROR Failed to connect to" usually means that your coind is not running or you have the wrong info. If this is a single server install and yiimp and the coin wallets are on the same server you use either localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the server ip address. not your external server IP.

I'll do that ty Smiley
copper member
Errors on the daemon installation :

I opened the specific port for RPC port of the daemon, with the command sudo ufw allow portnumber

i even rebooted server just in case, also reloaded ufw, tried also disabled it and enabled it back, then reboot server again.

Also i even tried to open ALL ports for tcp and udp, that doenst change anything, always same error :

ERROR Failed to connect to "serveripaddress" "portnumber" : Connection refused

I even mentionned the ufw to put all rules on IPv4 only, and not IPv6 as it is by default (and shouldnt) .... and not mentionned in the script...

Something wrong with the script at this part

there is nothing wrong with the script, "ERROR Failed to connect to" usually means that your coind is not running or you have the wrong info. If this is a single server install and yiimp and the coin wallets are on the same server you use either localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the server ip address. not your external server IP.
Pages:
Jump to: