Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't pay! Ultimate Crypto-Server Installer Script setup your pool in minutes! - page 4. (Read 5076 times)

copper member
Activity: 344
Merit: 0
NO it doesnt work correctly, you have to mention that people needs to avoid typing special characters in their chosen password.

the script handles special characters just fine.
Activity: 164
Merit: 6
Errors on the daemon installation :

I opened the specific port for RPC port of the daemon, with the command sudo ufw allow portnumber

i even rebooted server just in case, also reloaded ufw, tried also disabled it and enabled it back, then reboot server again.

Also i even tried to open ALL ports for tcp and udp, that doenst change anything, always same error :

ERROR Failed to connect to "serveripaddress" "portnumber" : Connection refused

I even mentionned the ufw to put all rules on IPv4 only, and not IPv6 as it is by default (and shouldnt) .... and not mentionned in the script...

Something wrong with the script at this part
NO it doesnt work correctly, you have to mention that people needs to avoid typing special characters in their chosen password.

copper member
quick made new install video for single server. Script works just fine.

http://youtu.be/zwEUZlbPGnY?hd=1
And anyway after i managed to make it work by going myself into cd Multi-Pool-Installer and bash bootstrap.sh and install the yiimp solo server, it fails at the Daemon server installation, after clicking on
"install Berkeley 4.x"

After selecting it (same thing for 5.x) it forces me go back to the root access ( i mean newuser access), same as if  i typed "cd" to go back to the main home access ... But in the video, it does work ...

I'll keep posting solutions for the people who meets the same errors than me
copper member
first off i would remove your post with your server information. if you need help join our discord server.

copper member
first off i would remove your post with your server information. if you need help join our discord server.
Well, too bad anyway then, i guess nobody will really ever answer at that issue. I guess i'll just wait until something really works on Ubuntu. I'm tired of that shit, it never works like it is supposed to be.
Problem at the beginning of the installation.

Typing "multipool" doenst do anything ... it's a folder ! Your script doenst work, but ty for the effort.

you need to follow the instructions. You need to have a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server. You need to download and run curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/master/bootstrap.sh | bash

as root, so if you are logged in as a user you need to sudo su -l to drop to the root command line. You need to create a new user through the script. After creating the new user, you need to reboot the machine and log back in as the new user, and then you can run multipool.

I did.... but multipool is a folder, typing "multipool" doenst do nothing ! .. something wrong with your scrypt
copper member

Typing "multipool" doenst do anything ... it's a folder ! Your script doenst work, but ty for the effort.

you need to follow the instructions. You need to have a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server. You need to download and run curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/master/bootstrap.sh | bash

as root, so if you are logged in as a user you need to sudo su -l to drop to the root command line. You need to create a new user through the script. After creating the new user, you need to reboot the machine and log back in as the new user, and then you can run multipool.
I did EXACTLY as explained in the tutorial and it fails at the beginning, i was able to make it run by avoiding the first script that is supposed to give special access to the newuser created. But it didnt, so i made it with :
adduser newuser
adduser newuser sudo
su - newuser

and it worked. but i'm stuck now at the installation of Daemon server, it doenst work when i click on it and make me go back on the root access ....

copper member
Activity: 188
Merit: 2
In Blockchain we trust!
Can I setup Gwaycoin pool with this script?
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
create a pool for easy mining and certainly practical enough for my taste. I was quite supportive and appreciated for this script. with the installation of a coin automatically I think it also makes these things become more interesting and can produce something that is optimal.
copper member
lots of big changes made to the script! and an awesome discord community. check it out!
copper member
Installation of YiiMP is a snap with the Ultimate Crypto-Server Installer. You can also now choose between a standard installation of YiiMP or have YiiMP automatically setup with the dedicated coin port mod which includes the stratum fix for it! Our Discord community is filled with some of the most helpful folks around.

https://discord.gg/UGbGvna

Activity: 2
thanks for all the updates and hard work you have done for the community
copper member
Come check out how easy it is to have your own pool up and running in less then 30 minutes. Most importantly have your pool setup correctly!

Helpful tip of the day, a properly setup pool doesn't need to have 'sudo' used for anything but linux system commands.
Pages:
Jump to: