Pages:
Author

Topic: Dosh-Kapital - page 9. (Read 15649 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 13, 2014, 02:10:41 AM
No news is good news, I guess
August 12, 2014, 12:30:44 PM
I am getting some help with improving the OP, but would like to take some time to urge people to suggest or recommend. I would prefer not to get to a point where people are unhappy with the coin for lack of effort. I can do legwork, and even if I disagree with suggestions, its good to have dialogue. 
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
August 12, 2014, 07:08:16 AM
Cryptonight is dominated by a private gpu miner.
Basically, you are stuck with slow cpu mining while people who will pay 5% fee to a private gpu miner and the guy made it are going to mine the heck out of this.
August 12, 2014, 06:39:56 AM

What's a dosh?  Well, at least it made me look.  lol.

Good luck!

Dosh is a slang term first used by the English (British) to refer to money.
August 12, 2014, 06:37:56 AM
Block reward formula??

Starting at around 175 DOSH and gradually declining over 30 years ending on 184 million (as with Bitcoin, transaction fees will maintain mining interest)
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
August 12, 2014, 05:56:05 AM

What's a dosh?  Well, at least it made me look.  lol.

Good luck!
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
August 12, 2014, 05:46:09 AM
Block reward formula??
August 12, 2014, 04:54:14 AM
August 12, 2014, 04:20:55 AM
Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley

lol? i dont know where u from, but in my country an 32 bit system is rare...
in the shops u cant even find an 32bit system anymore for a few years.

So ofc 64 is used by the most people, 32 bit is rare.

Hi minerjoen

To answer your pm:

There are bounties out on other cryptonote based currencies for a GUI wallet, It looks like its going to happen in the future. CryptoNote technology makes up for it in other ways. Read CryptoNote Technology  
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 12, 2014, 03:38:15 AM
Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley

lol? i dont know where u from, but in my country an 32 bit system is rare...
in the shops u cant even find an 32bit system anymore for a few years.

So ofc 64 is used by the most people, 32 bit is rare.
August 12, 2014, 03:28:18 AM
Its Great that we have our first Pool, but it goes without saying that it is not healthy to have just one, I have pm'ed and freenoded various Operaters, but some help on this front will be appreciated
August 12, 2014, 02:06:49 AM
I think you should have called this Dosh.0 Grin
Douche

Not sure if you are taking the P#ss, but for those that dont know the Urban Dictionary describes Dosh as follows:

dosh

Currency, money, cash, moola

Wan't to grab a berr?

Can't man, got no dosh.
August 12, 2014, 02:01:33 AM
DEV:
you should add coin to https://cryptonote.org/coins.php

Will be doing that today, thought I would give it a day.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 11, 2014, 10:51:45 PM
DEV:
you should add coin to https://cryptonote.org/coins.php
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
August 11, 2014, 08:24:23 PM
Douche
August 11, 2014, 08:10:02 PM
UPDATE Pool added
Activity: 480
August 11, 2014, 04:37:12 PM
For Windows

You need to download simpleminer.exe and dosh.exe

open a command prompt, and navigate to folder with above files.

Type simpleminer.exe, it will ask you for a wallet name( type wallet.bin ), you can call it wallet.bin or whatever you like, ENTER, type password(once), it will give an error. (cant connect to daemon)

A new file called wallet.bin.address.txt will be created in folder, open this with Notepad or text editor of choice.

type exit in command promt( if you had double clicked the file simpleminer.exe, it will close the command window. It is important that you open command promt and cd to correct folder)

type the following

dosh.exe --start-mining (copy and past the wallet address from wallet.bin.adress.txt file here) --mining-threads 1 (or2 0r whatever you have)

example:

dosh.exe --start-mining ds2..........WjUJDWxPQaGyYebnLKxwVo............... CB9L9MnQM57Fe26.........kpfqKPz1vULMFqf9 --mining-threads 1

it will begin to sync, when it has finished and starts mining type save or exit. ( it is important to never reboot your machine untill you have saved or exited dosh.exe) you will have to resync.

Leave command prompt open and double click on simpleminer.exe, enter details. ( type refresh at any stage to refresh, or type help for wallet commands)

You say simpleminer.exe above when what you mean is simplewallet.exe

Apologies, I have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out

No problem. I'm mining per your instructions, can I assume this is basically solomining? If so can I use the same tools that have been created for other cryptonight coins?
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!
August 11, 2014, 03:45:02 PM
August 11, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
For Windows

Type simpleminer.exe, it will ask you for a wallet name( type wallet.bin ), you can call it wallet.bin or whatever you like, ENTER, type password(once), it will give an error. (cant connect to daemon)

A new file called wallet.bin.address.txt will be created in folder, open this with Notepad or text editor of choice.

type exit in command promt( if you had double clicked the file simpleminer.exe, it will close the command window. It is important that you open command promt and cd to correct folder)

type the following

dosh.exe --start-mining (copy and past the wallet address from wallet.bin.adress.txt file here) --mining-threads 1 (or2 0r whatever you have)

example:

dosh.exe --start-mining ds2..........WjUJDWxPQaGyYebnLKxwVo............... CB9L9MnQM57Fe26.........kpfqKPz1vULMFqf9 --mining-threads 1

it will begin to sync, when it has finished and starts mining type save or exit. ( it is important to never reboot your machine untill you have saved or exited dosh.exe) you will have to resync.

Leave command prompt open and double click on simpleminer.exe, enter details. ( type refresh at any stage to refresh, or type help for wallet commands)

Apologies, I have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out
Activity: 480
August 11, 2014, 03:22:47 PM
For Windows

type the following

example:

Pages:
Jump to: