Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 121. (Read 87605 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102
December 13, 2017, 04:14:30 AM
Hmmm I guess juz gotta wait for the reviews.

For those who doesn't know above mentioned George Kikvadze - he is a Vice-Chairman of  wellknown BitFury chips manufacture.   Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
December 13, 2017, 02:53:57 AM
Hmmm I guess juz gotta wait for the reviews.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
December 12, 2017, 07:47:38 PM

NO COMMENT  Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
December 12, 2017, 06:41:01 PM
Because some of us DESPISE the garbage reliability level of recent Bitmain products.

In large scale deploys Bitmains failure rate is only around 7-8%. While its still on the high side its quite managable especially when you compare it to the 30% failure rate I experienced with Ebangs products. Avalon is still the king with a 1.7% failure rate on large deploys.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
December 12, 2017, 04:14:24 PM

why would anyone want a miner  that  is better then the s-9 to  be produced  other then an s-11 by bitmain?

Because some of us DESPISE the garbage reliability level of recent Bitmain products.

I just wish Innosilicon didn't have that "3 min order" on the A4+, especially with Litecoin prices going CRAZY the past week.

Also, even if this miner IS legit, it's not going to have a huge rapid impact on profitability - they are going to run into the SAME issue as Bitmain about getting chips in the quantities they want.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 12, 2017, 03:03:19 PM
I think since he is in possession of one, the ASIC's are real and the miner is real.

He has yet to even post a picture showing he has it. He just claims to have one at this point.

I am in New Jersey  He is in Canada  yet  I smell  something.

No responsible person would do what he is doing. 

And for hoping it is vaporware  and never comes round.  Yeah I do hope for that.

BTC = 17,500 usd

BCC/BCH = 1,600 usd.

why would anyone want a miner  that  is better then the s-9 to  be produced  other then an s-11 by bitmain?

if this does 16,000 at 1200 watts  it is better then the s-9

but if bitmain simply sells the s-9  at 800 or 700  they will bury this gear.

and btc will drop and or diff will sky rocket.

So yeah  lets all hope this does not do 16,000 at 1200 watts  and is just a clever scam.

@Phillipma

You make a very good point! I was so focused on efficiency of this design , I lost sight of the repercussions on difficulty.
If the S9 was to dip that low, big investment players would snatch them up for a farm, which could have repercussions as well.
I'd like to see better efficiency, but not at that cost.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 12, 2017, 02:41:35 PM
I think since he is in possession of one, the ASIC's are real and the miner is real.

He has yet to even post a picture showing he has it. He just claims to have one at this point.

I am in New Jersey  He is in Canada  yet  I smell  something.

No responsible person would do what he is doing. 

And for hoping it is vaporware  and never comes round.  Yeah I do hope for that.

BTC = 17,500 usd

BCC/BCH = 1,600 usd.

if this does 16,000 at 1200 watts  it is better then the s-9

but if bitmain simply sells the s-9  at 800 or 700  they will bury this gear.

and btc will drop and or diff will sky rocket.

So yeah  lets all hope this does not do 16,000 at 1200 watts  and is just a clever scam.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
December 12, 2017, 01:55:50 PM

Activity: 5
December 12, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

That said I'm guessing the packaging may just be re-purposed Bitmain boxes.

While the ASIC development is huge...  Producing the actual system boxes, in volume, with a high degree of system reliability...  That's another thing.

Not that S9's don't suffer from (major?) heat failure issues?
Activity: 262
Merit: 100
December 12, 2017, 01:47:33 PM
does anyone make a preorder for this miner?
Activity: 14
December 12, 2017, 01:36:52 PM

Yes and we will do that.

Forgive me - I might have missed this in the conversation.  Are you in possession of it already and just need time to do a comprehensive test / assessment?

Thanks Smiley

Yes, he is in possession of one and has promised to do a comprehensive test and assessment. He will be the first reviewer. Hopefully more reviews and test will be coming soon.

I eagerly await this. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype surrounding it. Definitely on my watch list!
Activity: 24
December 12, 2017, 01:26:44 PM

Yes and we will do that.

Forgive me - I might have missed this in the conversation.  Are you in possession of it already and just need time to do a comprehensive test / assessment?

Thanks Smiley

Yes, he is in possession of one and has promised to do a comprehensive test and assessment. He will be the first reviewer. Hopefully more reviews and test will be coming soon.
Activity: 5
December 12, 2017, 12:51:00 PM

Yes and we will do that.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 12, 2017, 11:41:07 AM

The price of LTC, for example, was $54.58 Nov 1st.....now the price as of Dec 12th, 2017 is $269.01

thus even if you ordered this or the last bitmains this year. or these units when announced, you'd have been a LOT better off holding LTC

I mean, this treads start date on these units was November 22nd, 2017 for crying out loud...if you'd ordered then and just got them

you'd be sobbing now!

(yep, me too got 2 bitmain D3 x11 miners..about 4k..shot...so I too am not immune to stupid)

so be careful what you wish for on a 2 to 3-month pre-order...you may surely get it!

Are you in the right forum here bud?   This is ASIC/SHA-256 Miner not scrypt.
December 12, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
Do you have an rms meter? Need volts rms to get an accurate wattage.

Yes and we will do that.
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
December 12, 2017, 08:08:36 AM
I am waiting for your review with impatience Smiley

Even if these guys are legit (or bitmain had product the last month) you should NOT buy product at this time imho,

The price of LTC, for example, was $54.58 Nov 1st.....now the price as of Dec 12th, 2017 is $269.01

thus even if you ordered this or the last bitmains this year. or these units when announced, you'd have been a LOT better off holding LTC

I mean, this treads start date on these units was November 22nd, 2017 for crying out loud...if you'd ordered then and just got them

you'd be sobbing now!

(yep, me too got 2 bitmain D3 x11 miners..about 4k..shot...so I too am not immune to stupid)

so be careful what you wish for on a 2 to 3-month pre-order...you may surely get it!

But lets be serious here. Isnt it almost always better to just buy and hold the coins?

I mean why even bother buying GPU miners back in 2010/11 for Bitcoin mining or asics in the following years. Or now for scrypt or X11 or whatever there is.

I got lucky, I recouped my LTC investment but it could also have turned sour and holding would have been better....

Only reason to mine is because its fun and maybe because you got access to a good infrastrucure
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 12, 2017, 07:51:29 AM
I am waiting for your review with impatience Smiley

Even if these guys are legit (or bitmain had product the last month) you should NOT buy product at this time imho,

you'd be sobbing now!

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
December 11, 2017, 01:56:24 PM
Do you have an rms meter? Need volts rms to get an accurate wattage.
December 11, 2017, 01:35:22 PM
I would like to thank all of the more senior members for posting in this thread and relaying the fact that there has been a number of ASIC mining hardware scams in the past. Thank you for setting for the criteria that this company must meet in order to prove that they are not a scam.

Promojo we're all waiting with bated breath for your review Wink

No problem.  I will do my best.   After the review is complete; the rest is up for your own judgement call.   I was questioning everything like yourselves.   I asked for one and I got one.   You folks will be the first to know when the pics/video come available sometime next week.    Cheers.
Activity: 24
December 11, 2017, 01:29:10 PM
I would like to thank all of the more senior members for posting in this thread and relaying the fact that there has been a number of ASIC mining hardware scams in the past. Thank you for setting for the criteria that this company must meet in order to prove that they are not a scam.

Promojo we're all waiting with bated breath for your review Wink
Jump to: