Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 35. (Read 87776 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
April 15, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

Note I say this because I was looking to support ck.'s pool and don't mind mining with his pool first and slush second.
If you really want pool choice the T1 is limited .

My partner buysolar should be landing in China in 2 hours time to meet up with Avalon/Canaan  We will be using some of their gear very soon.

The Avalon 841 could prove to be a little better then any of the three in question.

Phil, you do some really great work for this community!!! Thanks for supporting -ck's Pool like you said you would, by aiming your
Dragonmint there. You are literally the first person I've seen, during this release, show support for -ck's Pool. This past week was the
first time I saw Hangolin's PR mention -ck. Just a small head nod towards his programming skills, but no mention what-so-ever,
about his pool's ability to run the Dragonmint.

Goodluck to yours and buysolar's venture with Canaan. The 841's I have are very stable, and actually work as Advertised.  Wink

When I was a kid  it was Ford, GM and Chrysler

So with  this gear  If it is Bitmain, Avalon/Canaan, Halong/Innosilicon.  I can work with it.

Things I like  about the T1  it will be software clock-able  So jury is still out  but I am hopeful that the low power choice does 1300 and 14th.

To those not mining at -ck's pool    why the fuck not?    I know variance.  So point 1 of every 5 of your miners.

5 T1's

http://ckpool.org/users/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

1 T1

http://ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

this one is in my garage on first firmware upgrade
pulls 1608 watts 15.42th hash rate

https://i.imgur.com/awfzwv1.png

1608/15420 = 0.10428 watts a gh at kwatt meter

tomorrow I get 2 of these psu's

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Power/Plug-Type/axi-series-config/p/CP-9020057-NA

I will hook the two up the my 1 Ti in house.

Use one with 2 boards and one with 1 board and the controller.   see what It drops to.

As a second point with this psu.  I got mine on sale refurb for 250 each.

If -ck is correct  and the low power setting is 1300 watts at the wall then one of these  will run  the T1  on 120 volts.

which for USA buyers  means something.
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
April 14, 2018, 11:31:23 PM

Note I say this because I was looking to support ck.'s pool and don't mind mining with his pool first and slush second.

My partner buysolar should be landing in China in 2 hours time to meet up with Avalon/Canaan  We will be using some of their gear very soon.

The Avalon 841 could prove to be a little better then any of the three in question.

Phil, you do some really great work for this community!!! Thanks for supporting -ck's Pool like you said you would, by aiming your
Dragonmint there. You are literally the first person I've seen, during this release, show support for -ck's Pool. This past week was the
first time I saw Hangolin's PR mention -ck. Just a small head nod towards his programming skills, but no mention what-so-ever,
about his pool's ability to run the Dragonmint.

Goodluck to yours and buysolar's venture with Canaan. The 841's I have are very stable, and actually work as Advertised.  Wink
legendary
April 14, 2018, 11:00:23 PM
ok...my bad.....good to know...but yeah...what I was shooting for...all and all ....oranges to oranges between models and companies

" a little better then the S-9"

that clears up how this all shook out

thanks

brad

My partner buysolar should be landing in China in 2 hours time to meet up with Avalon/Canaan  We will be using some of their gear very soon.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 14, 2018, 09:19:46 PM
please post link  for firmware when you can.

I just drove over to the solar array and did

firmware update #1

firmware update #2  should be great  looking forward to it.
Will notify you and the forum as soon as it's up. I'm trying to push them to finalise it soon. When it's available you should be able to find it from the 'check for firmware updates' dialogue box.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 14, 2018, 09:09:21 PM
Please don't count me  with other buyers.   I have yet to be billed.

I have 5x T1's and 1x B52

I have stated  on the forum I have yet to be billed.  So I can't say I hate anyone.  From their company.

I gave stated  early buyers got hurt.  I als told everyone don't buy until I get get and give results.

Results are  showing it is most likely  a little better then the s-9

ok...my bad.....good to know...but yeah...what I was shooting for...all and all ....oranges to oranges between models and companies

" a little better then the S-9"

that clears up how this all shook out

thanks

brad

legendary
April 14, 2018, 06:29:56 PM
Ah, but Phil...did they not 'get you' on electricity with the DragonMint units? or is Innsilicon units less of a risk of not meeting spec?

(just saying...not a slam...from what I've seen on this thread)

brad

Please don't count me  with other buyers.   I have yet to be billed.

I have 5x T1's and 1x B52

I have stated  on the forum I have yet to be billed.  So I can't say I hate anyone.  From their company.

I have stated  early buyers got hurt.  I also told everyone don't buy until I get get and give results.

Results are  showing it is most likely  a little better then the s-9.

copper member
Clueless!
April 14, 2018, 06:25:00 PM
good   this will allow 4 units on  a 30 amp pdu.

please post link  for firmware when you can.

firmware update #1

firmware update #2  should be great  looking forward to it.

Ah, but Phil...did they not 'get you' on electricity with the DragonMint units? or is Innsilicon units less of a risk of not meeting spec?

(just saying...not a slam...from what I've seen on this thread)

brad

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
legendary
April 14, 2018, 06:23:27 PM

Yes it's under 1400W, and a lot quieter too. It will depend on where the most efficient hash/power curve ends up on the device but on the hardware I've tested it on so far it usually ends up around 1300W. So if some are higher power, they should be offset by lower power ones too. I'm talking about power at the wall this time.

good   this will allow 4 units on  a 30 amp pdu.

please post link  for firmware when you can.

firmware update #1

firmware update #2  should be great  looking forward to it.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
April 14, 2018, 04:46:21 PM
How much quieter?

Using original firmware, fans will dial down quite a bit automatically when room temperature is cold

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from nhminer.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 14, 2018, 04:19:50 PM
How much quieter?
Still way too loud for a home environment if that's what you're asking for. It's ava741 loud instead of S9 loud.
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
April 14, 2018, 04:18:38 PM
Yes it's under 1400W, and a lot quieter too. It will depend on where the most efficient hash/power curve ends up on the device but on the hardware I've tested it on so far it usually ends up around 1300W. So if some are higher power, they should be offset by lower power ones too. I'm talking about power at the wall this time.

How much quieter?

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 14, 2018, 04:17:27 PM
if Efficiency  does  14th at 1375 watts  this is a good miner  for my purposes.

4 x 1375 = 5500 watts   and that means 4 units per pdu

Since I have 5 circuits of 30 amps  I can do 20 units.

the gear now pulls 1640 watts  which is 3 x 1640 = 4920   4 x  1640 = 6560

this means 3 units per pdu  and say an L3+

I hope this gets done soon.
And I hope the
2. Efficiency is in the 1400 watt range.
legendary
April 14, 2018, 08:14:37 AM

Here's a performance tab teaser they said they're working on:

this firmware  would make the gear  pretty good for me

this would be 4 speed choices

1 Off the miner will work with the factory default values
2 Efficiency the miner will use less power but the hash rate will be lower
3 Balanced default value to achieve balanced hash rate and power consumption
4 Performance high hash rate and high power consumption

if Efficiency  does  14th at 1375 watts  this is a good miner  for my purposes.

4 x 1375 = 5500 watts   and that means 4 units per pdu

Since I have 5 circuits of 30 amps  I can do 20 units.

the gear now pulls 1640 watts  which is 3 x 1640 = 4920   4 x  1640 = 6560

this means 3 units per pdu  and say an L3+

I hope this gets done soon.
And I hope the
2. Efficiency is in the 1400 watt range.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 14, 2018, 05:59:07 AM
Halong Mining and Innosilicon partnership is admitted in this email message sent to Innosilicon customers.

Dear Customer,
Have a great day.
We will launching A8+ miner soon, do you have any interest? Our A8 was bought by our customers in China and it is sold out in one day yesterday.
We are lauching new machines for new coins,of course,we are selling our LTC miners A4+/A6 and Dash miner A5/A5+ and we are partner of Halong and we also selling dragonmint miners.
Miner Model   A8+
POW Algorithm   CryptoNight
Coin   XMC、ETN、KRB、DCY etc.
Hashrate   240kh/s
Power consumption   480w
Power Efficiency   2J/kh
Weight   7.3kg
Dimensions   35*25*16CM
If you have any interest, we could communicate more.
Best wishes to you.

Best regards
Jessica Zhang

Oh, so it is a 'partnership'. That is why the specs for halong X2 and A8+ are almost exactly the same. It is just on slightly different frequency. So, it is not just similar-looking control boards and all halong algos dont compete with inno algos. And they have the same flat non-interlocking aluminum casing right?

Inno A8
240kh
480w

Dragon X2
248kh
490w

I got a feeling we wont find out who halong CEO is because inno is halong haha. That would also explain why there is no CEO for halong.

Just my 2 cents speculation
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
April 14, 2018, 05:55:09 AM
Halong Mining and Innosilicon partnership is admitted in this email message sent to Innosilicon customers.

Dear Customer,
Have a great day.
We will launching A8+ miner soon, do you have any interest? Our A8 was bought by our customers in China and it is sold out in one day yesterday.
We are lauching new machines for new coins,of course,we are selling our LTC miners A4+/A6 and Dash miner A5/A5+ and we are partner of Halong and we also selling dragonmint miners.
Miner Model   A8+
POW Algorithm   CryptoNight
Coin   XMC、ETN、KRB、DCY etc.
Hashrate   240kh/s
Power consumption   480w
Power Efficiency   2J/kh
Weight   7.3kg
Dimensions   35*25*16CM
If you have any interest, we could communicate more.
Best wishes to you.

Best regards
Jessica Zhang
Activity: 74
Merit: 76
April 14, 2018, 01:06:30 AM
Until the firmware is improved,
I feel that it is kind of false advertising to say that the T1 is the most power efficient machine available.

At the moment there are three different machines that can achieve about the same power efficiency level (~0.10 J per GH/s)
--> Antminer S9, AvalonMiner 841 and DragonMint T1.

Ya,  One of the things I am working toward is a manufacturing test report that shows the ACTUAL distribution of machines
power efficiency  during our burn in test.   For the 841   75%  of the machines are over 13.5TH,  but spec wise
we call that  "13".  specksmanship   kinda sucks   so what do I call the 841  Average 13.5?  or Minimum 13?
and how do you get other suppliers to do the right thing?   Any way,  I hope to have the same kind of real measurement
actual distribution of power efficiency performace  at final test.

haha.  we should do a  blockchain for this  with machines writing their ID and peformace into a blockchain
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
April 14, 2018, 12:53:03 AM
5 month lead time vs 2(at time of initial purchase) 3 months per s9 mid/late jan to april is roughly .08btc
Underperforming and Less efficient(big deal)
Only capable of mining on two pools(last minute surprise, effects customers choice)

I'm sure theres more. I wouldn't be pleased with the stats considering the lead time and excessive electric use. Running a 1600 watt psu at 100% capacity is not really the best idea either.
copper member
Clueless!
April 14, 2018, 12:32:44 AM
This is true  no one new about asicboost until  Feb  of this year.

I don't have any issues  mining at ck pool
Slush is  a meh for me.

but  the gear does not do  16th or 1480 watts.

every one of the six I have does over  1600 watts on a myrig psu.  that is an issue.

not a single one of the six I have does over 15.8th long term.    that is an issue.

To anyone that purchased looking to solo mine BCH  they would be hurt.
To anyone that purchased looking to solo mine BTC  they would be hurt.

Not sure if I remember or not ..do these have a 2-year warranty? (I thought I heard that)

Also, in your view on these units ordered way back at the prices paid....was it more or less...what you would have paid for equivalent units from Bit man?

So in other words, more or less a wash ...in that these get a better hash with ASIC boost etc vs the above competitor?

So not a huge deal as a comparison right? or Oranges to Oranges? or am I missing something major here that really screwed the 'pooch' for getting these

again, on the sidelines...but looks kinda like a 'wash' vs competitors on when you got these...(2 weeks ago maybe?)

(ego protection on pre-orders...it sometimes just boils down to ego protection)

Activity: 99
Merit: 4
April 14, 2018, 12:31:01 AM
Hmmmm

Is there any reason why the halong youtube demo in Nov 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftA_q4arSPY  showed 1460 watts on the watt meter @ 16.2 TH then?

Technically you can't be sure the miner shown is the one they showed on slush. Would be super shady, but very easy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 13, 2018, 11:17:13 PM
Hmmmm

Is there any reason why the halong youtube demo in Nov 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftA_q4arSPY  showed 1460 watts on the watt meter @ 16.2 TH then?
Pages:
Jump to: