Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 39. (Read 87776 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 11, 2018, 08:51:48 PM
Maybe Slushpool is connected to this project by funding it and that is why mainly the Slushpool is advertised?

Maybe Slushpool is one of the Halong Mining owners?
Like I've stated before, this whole announcement, reeks of Corporate Shenanigans.
Oh it get better if one looks too much at another thing. MyRig.

Note default pool choice 2 is pointed at a MyRig pool. Just went to MyRig's site and among other things missing is any mention of them running a pool. However, as Bitmain Warranty they did operate several data centers for hosting and no doubt have now just gone 1 step further and made their own private pool as well.

So the failover is to a MyRig slush fund? Wink Also missing are any Bitmain products - all are shown as Out of Stock. Even PSU's. Funny, Blockforge has s9's and a BM altcoin miner in stock as well as BM PSU's. So do other reputable non-ebay distributors...

Most of the MyRig site is under construction but what *is* there is all about how wonderful it is for MyRig to be working with Halong. BitmainWarranty began their changeover to MyRig when? Around late last summer? Wonder if the folks behind Halong/Little Dragon LLC are who bought Bitmain Warranty.... The timing rather fits considering the change to MyRig was done just a couple months ago.

No accusations here, just sayin.... At least the hardware does exist in quantity so props to Halong for that at least.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 11, 2018, 08:46:00 PM
I dont mean to be a wet blanket but there is no notable increase in hashrate in Slush and Ck pool. Slush and CK pools are the only pools that can take dragonmints. Hashrate for slush should go through the roof it they sold alot, especially considering how small slush is to the total hashrate. Furthermore, alot of slush and CK pool hash will be due to cheap S9s flooding market. Thus, the logical conclusion is that they didnt sell much miners. [Emphasis added.]

Although it is not conclusive evidence, we have some reason to believe that Halong Mining's sales so far have been massive in terms of revenue, which I noted weeks ago, but I thought it might prove helpful again here. Unicornflex, a member of this forum, shared this analysis in February after he and I compared our DragonMint order numbers from our Halong Mining receipts. (See quote below.) We placed orders online right at about the same moment, and he later placed multiple additional orders. It seemed to us that Halong's online order system was using sequential order numbers. If our assumption is correct, we can have a rough estimate of Halong's number of sales. Since the minimum order quantity requirement was five units for quite some time, we can also estimate Halong's minimum total revenue, which we estimated was more than USD $50 million (as of early February 2018).

Our most recent estimate is that Halong has sold more than $50 million USD worth of DragonMint miners, based on Halong’s minimum order requirement of 5 units per order and Halong’s usage of sequential order numbers in its online order system, which together reveal an approximation as to how many units have been sold. Any large farms that invested in upgrading their equipment with DragonMints could easily have [pushed] total ordered units to more than $100 million in sales.

LOL. I just realized u are also someone who has all his posts in only the Halong thread only haha. It is ONLY such accounts people making huge marketing claims of great sales omg. The amount of such accounts here is huge. And there is No basis for such claims. It does NOT show in hashrates on pools. And this is such a bad time to sell miners that even the market leader is slashing prices drastically to sell miners haha.

Unicornflex is an account with just 2 posts, both in Halong thread and praising them.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/unicornflex-197256

It is amazing that u can even notice his ONE post in a 90+ page thread claiming 100 million sales especially since his post was made on 7th Feb and your first post in Halong thread is 21st Feb.
And now he appears after u speak of him HAHA. His 2nd only post.

I notice it is just all your newbie or Halong only accounts talking to yourselves here for marketing purposes. This is not seen anywhere else.
It is also amazing that u supposedly track supposedly their order numbers. Something easily faked and no one tracks this. These people had at most 600 in their telegram account then and most were just not believing their existence. Any ICO had more people lol. No evidence but tons of claims haha
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
April 11, 2018, 06:32:16 PM
Maybe Slushpool is connected to this project by funding it and that is why mainly the Slushpool is advertised?

Like I've stated before, this whole announcement, reeks of Corporate Shenanigans.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
April 11, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

#takeminingback
April 11, 2018, 06:22:33 PM
I just cant seem to wrap my head around why people care what the default pool settings are? Who is buying these and not immediately changing it?

Oh wait...its a Dragonmint so it only works with those 2 anyway. Makes the defaults seem that much more trivial. Its not like you have much of a choice where to point these things.

I asked about the default because, Halongmining was going to make Flush the default. I suggested they add -ck, since he did the code work, and his pool is HIS pool. Unlike the other. It's the least they could do. Unfortunately,  for -ck, Halongmining only advertising their equipment compatibility with Flush, isn't very helpful for his pool.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
April 11, 2018, 05:35:27 PM
I just cant seem to wrap my head around why people care what the default pool settings are? Who is buying these and not immediately changing it?

Oh wait...its a Dragonmint so it only works with those 2 anyway. Makes the defaults seem that much more trivial. Its not like you have much of a choice where to point these things.
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
April 11, 2018, 05:30:54 PM
Mostly done testing, I'm very pleased with the results so far. Functional at spec and it's real!

Sneak peak of a picture - with a crow! inside joke for Cobra Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/epy0K2Dl.jpg

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove inline image tags.
Activity: 658
Merit: 21
4 s9's 2 821's
April 11, 2018, 05:13:23 PM
If you factory default the unit, does it generate a different mining address for CKPool?

That address has received ~$580 or 0.08370600 BTC so far today  (https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/36JMs8rogpizjkkp6eeKMmm3SLbSNo5H9V) which translates to about 1190TH or ~75 units. Assuming most people would change out that worker address quickly after booting the unit that could be a sign that a lot of these are coming online today.

That address spent that amount back in March.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 05:04:34 PM
I want to know if and when they'll be releasing the board schematics and designs and firmware open source, and the plans to sell the chips in bulk. as stated on their mission page from the beginning?
Activity: 9
Merit: 15
April 11, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Here's the defaults! This is just as it loaded up. More on my review later.

[...]

If you factory default the unit, does it generate a different mining address for CKPool?

That address has received ~$580 or 0.08370600 BTC so far today  (https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/36JMs8rogpizjkkp6eeKMmm3SLbSNo5H9V) which translates to about 1190TH or ~75 units. Assuming most people would change out that worker address quickly after booting the unit that could be a sign that a lot of these are coming online today.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to update the quote from dimaze.
copper member
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
Cryptocurrency Miner in Los Angeles
April 11, 2018, 04:45:39 PM
Has anyone been able to get on to the unit via SSH?

I have 120 of these guys coming in a couple more batches and would prefer not to hand configure them all.

Would also like to enable API write access.

Thanks,
Chad
#takeminingback
April 11, 2018, 04:04:56 PM

[...]

Best thing I've seen so far!!! Props to Halongmining, for putting forth that effort. Now, if they advertised the use of -ck pool over
Flush, that'd be great!!! "if"

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
April 11, 2018, 03:55:42 PM
I want to see if they actually used -ck pool as a default pool

https://i.imgur.com/3Vj1sS8.png

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove inline image tags.
#takeminingback
April 11, 2018, 03:37:56 PM
T1 just arrived at my office, going to go grab it Smiley

If anyone had anything they wanted to see out of the miner, I'll try to accommodate any requests as I do my general review. Let me know!

I want to see if they actually used -ck pool as a default pool, or just Flush Stool, oops, Slush Pool.
April 11, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
T1 just arrived at my office, going to go grab it Smiley

If anyone had anything they wanted to see out of the miner, I'll try to accommodate any requests as I do my general review. Let me know!
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
April 11, 2018, 01:52:40 PM

Why not do the right thing and reveal self/identity to everyone?

i was doing that few times already even publicly on twatter. even cobra doesn’t brag about my affiliation with halong since this it simply not true.

my name is Oleg i am mid to large scale reseller/consultant on mining operations in Russia. we running a company both for average miner joe sales and large scale private customers as well. i’m in a business since S7 came out, before (and still) I also involved in business related to general sourcing in china upon customer request. what else should I reveal ? my passport?

anyway, dimaze and everybody you trying to call out are a good company to stick with so i’m leaving you with your speculations for you pleasure.

btw I never told Halong did sell shit load of units to whale operations, I was pointing how things are generally made no matter what mfg we are talking about.
Activity: 42
Merit: 120
April 11, 2018, 01:29:58 PM
I dont mean to be a wet blanket but there is no notable increase in hashrate in Slush and Ck pool. Slush and CK pools are the only pools that can take dragonmints. Hashrate for slush should go through the roof it they sold alot, especially considering how small slush is to the total hashrate. Furthermore, alot of slush and CK pool hash will be due to cheap S9s flooding market. Thus, the logical conclusion is that they didnt sell much miners. [Emphasis added.]

Although it is not conclusive evidence, we have some reason to believe that Halong Mining's sales so far have been massive in terms of revenue, which I noted weeks ago, but I thought it might prove helpful again here. Unicornflex, a member of this forum, shared this analysis in February after he and I compared our DragonMint order numbers from our Halong Mining receipts. (See quote below.) We placed orders online right at about the same moment, and he later placed multiple additional orders. It seemed to us that Halong's online order system was using sequential order numbers. If our assumption is correct, we can have a rough estimate of Halong's number of sales. Since the minimum order quantity requirement was five units for quite some time, we can also estimate Halong's minimum total revenue, which we estimated was more than USD $50 million (as of early February 2018).

Our most recent estimate is that Halong has sold more than $50 million USD worth of DragonMint miners, based on Halong’s minimum order requirement of 5 units per order and Halong’s usage of sequential order numbers in its online order system, which together reveal an approximation as to how many units have been sold. Any large farms that invested in upgrading their equipment with DragonMints could easily have [pushed] total ordered units to more than $100 million in sales.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
April 11, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
who is this for example https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/3ACjzvyr3PdPCnAcAi2Nfw9RXcm9SVmtR9 mining with AB since mid March?
That proves nothing beyond the fact that somebody modified the source code of the pool software to change different bits in the block header. The blocks mined with ASICboost can be mined with no overhead using standard miners, so this could be used as propaganda for no additional cost.

The only technical benefit of ASICboost is that it could reduce the power usage when mining certain combination of the header bits.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 11, 2018, 12:32:47 PM
lol. They didnt sell to any enterprise companies. I know the claims they make. Their telegram back then has like 600 people only then and many were toxic. No company will buy alot of untested units from some new and unknown company. It is just stupid.

if you ever were at least one toe in mining operations whale biz you prob will know that usually one invites whale operations for demos way before the asic is announced in public, secure the contracts and later of course those guys get units first as well

who is this for example https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/3ACjzvyr3PdPCnAcAi2Nfw9RXcm9SVmtR9 mining with AB since mid March?

U are one of those accounts with halong only posts. There are a ton of new or halong only accounts in this thread. I never seen this anywhere else before. I guess dimaze is next to assist u. That link is just a bitcoin address, nothing else lol.

It makes zero sense to buy an untested product. U dont even know if it will last for a month. Furthermore, if those whales were to test the demo, they would see that the numbers would not be as good as claimed, as other have pointed out. They then wouldnt buy it. The only other person who claim they sold alot is this newbie account called Unicrone (if i recall right).

It is utter ridiculous to claim that they sold so few units to the public but sold alot to big guys lol. If u gonna do that, u can claim all sorts of nonsense.

Why not do the right thing and reveal self/identity to everyone?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
April 11, 2018, 12:23:13 PM
I love the term “investomer”.  I think this is one of the peculiar aspects of Bitcoin mining equipment manufacturing.  Everyone sees a prototype and hype surrounding and they are quick to fund millions of dollars towards “production” well in advance essential giving quick payday to anyone who participated..  Yet, time and Time again that risk has played out very badly.  

Why not make true longterm investment into the development of the unit itself or startup and receive benefit for years off single investment?  Instead trust is placed in an unknown team with a prototype.  Why not put your trust in an outstanding team with wonderful reputation that could provide years of steady profits and access to equipment at cost? 95% of this thread and the risk could have been mitigated, but it sure makes for a great story and is a lot of fun Smiley

Interest free loans are a hell of a drug (and a very risky way to start a business).  The law (in the US/CAN) have very clear definitions of what a customer is and what an investor is.  Try as they might many a company has tried to word fuck their way around this, it doesn't work ask BFL et al LOLOLOL.
Pages:
Jump to: