Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 75. (Read 87763 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
January 30, 2018, 05:55:06 PM
GMO just barely got their 12nm miner functional, 7 is still a LONG ways out
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 30, 2018, 04:33:02 PM
Looks like a few of the high rollers are getting into the game. By the time I get my hands on one of those 18Th. miners I would be lucky to ROI the miner.

At the rate this his happening..if they exist...likely the GMO miners out of Japan will blow all current talked about BTC miners out of the water....

so IF they are on track....a lot of BTC miners are gonna have to push their hoard out before around May 2018.....again...such stuff is rarely on track

but would be quite the train wreck at the specs they are pushing if they did come out in May 2018 for the consumer (doubtful, just kibitzing here)

https://news.bitcoin.com/japans-gmo-7nm-bitcoin-mining-boards-token-sale/

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
Looks like a few of the high rollers are getting into the game. By the time I get my hands on one of those 18Th. miners I would be lucky to ROI the miner.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 30, 2018, 04:16:24 PM
Yes. Privacy is something that is important to many, and few realize how easy it is to lose it. I'm in no position to judge this project any differently based on it's supposed utilization of tumblers/mixers, as I've utilized them before as well.

yeah I have to agree no biggie it went to an exchange.

Behind the scene action is happening.

whether it is for good we will know very soon.

My buy date is still 55 days off as yoshi told me he will have 5 in late march and since we have done a lot of deals I can pay with cc.

If he does comes through in late march I will post here. I still have no skin in this game.

Hope it works out...me I don't have 'big enough ones' to toss $$$ that way...and me not really trusting these guys ..is saying a lot ..I'm usually the 1st ASIC cheerleader on the Bus!

But again, still no decent demo, no pics..no zip....I mean just do something like this for crying out loud..it is not that hard and it is how you get sales!

KNC demo from 2013 (ah the good old days..when you could have a site with line drawings for info..before demo and paypal protection on your kool aid drinking urges to buy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNPIY9L8s4

not that hard..just do this and I'll STFU!

brad
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
January 30, 2018, 03:45:06 PM
It was an article from December that I saw. Ebang not bitmain.
http://news.8btc.com/ebang-releasee10-miner-with-samsung-10nm-chips
January 30, 2018, 02:52:35 PM
I may have misread an article I read this morning that popped up on my news feed of my phone. Newborn son, sick toddler, lack of sleep. I’ll see if I can find it in my history.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
January 30, 2018, 02:35:47 PM
It’s already been stated in several articles that it’s Bitmain. Why would Samsung team up with an unknown?

Where are you reading that? Every single article says Samsung is doing it on their own and they will be direct competition to bitmain....

yep, like this one:

https://www.ccn.com/samsung-begins-manufacturing-asic-chips-for-bitcoin-mining-rigs/

While the report does not state what hardware manufacturer Samsung is working with, it is likely that it could provide this firm with the ability to scale up its operations and challenge Bitmain’s dominant market share.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
January 30, 2018, 02:23:36 PM
It’s already been stated in several articles that it’s Bitmain. Why would Samsung team up with an unknown?

Where are you reading that? Every single article says Samsung is doing it on their own and they will be direct competition to bitmain....
January 30, 2018, 01:31:51 PM
is this for Halong or someone else like that Blockchain solutions LLC?
https://twitter.com/iamjosephyoung/status/958287126415593472
Samsung (Yes Samsung) has entered production phase of ASIC miners and mining equipment specialized for bitcoin and cryptocurrency mining.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
January 30, 2018, 01:19:19 PM
is this for Halong or someone else like that Blockchain solutions LLC?
https://twitter.com/iamjosephyoung/status/958287126415593472
Samsung (Yes Samsung) has entered production phase of ASIC miners and mining equipment specialized for bitcoin and cryptocurrency mining.
Activity: 223
Merit: 12
January 30, 2018, 01:03:34 AM
After visiting the site and looking for the rumored dragon breathing miner which is then confirmed by Adam back I found this "Unavailable - Join the waitlist to be notified when this product will be available for ordering again. At this time, we do not have an estimated date of shipping." So, does it means that a lot of people have already bought those DragonMint 16T Miner? I'm just wondering why I can't find other people demonstrating the miner?

If you read through this thread that you've posted on... you'd know that nobody has received any of them yet. Pre-sales were for March delivery. This is January.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 29, 2018, 07:35:50 PM
Yes. Privacy is something that is important to many, and few realize how easy it is to lose it. I'm in no position to judge this project any differently based on it's supposed utilization of tumblers/mixers, as I've utilized them before as well.

yeah I have to agree no biggie it went to an exchange.

Behind the scene action is happening.

whether it is for good we will know very soon.

My buy date is still 55 days off as yoshi told me he will have 5 in late march and since we have done a lot of deals I can pay with cc.

If he does comes through in late march I will post here. I still have no skin in this game.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
January 29, 2018, 05:41:30 PM
Ah, sending the coins through a mixer, no red flags there, right...?  Roll Eyes

Their competition would be analysing the shit out of their transactions in an attempt to find out more, rather like here funnily enough.

And they're probably also scumbags too but let's wait for a conclusion on that one.
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
January 29, 2018, 12:16:24 PM
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
January 29, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

As for the coins moving around, it is a good thing, it shows that there is old money in the project which matches up with the Halong history.

Does it make sense for old money to run coins through mixer and then send to an exchange?
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
January 29, 2018, 11:08:44 AM
I've been following this thread closely, and I wonder, what's so great about a 16T miner that nobody has ever seen that makes it worth risking precious btc on? I mean, ebang has an 18t for the same price, and they're a real company, with real products. Nobody seems to be going crazy for that. How come the dragonmint is so worthwhile? Less power consumption or something? I don't get it. I understand speculating, that's cool, but people are sending real btc to them, unrecoverable transactions. Seems kind of scary. I wouldn't mind taking a chance with a strongly protected credit card but btc is just gone if they screw you. And until recently it was 5 units or nothing. Is there some quality of the haloong miner that makes it great and I'm missing it? 

The "great" concept is misunderstood. More competition in the mining manufacturing field is great, as it provides a high level of competition not only on design, but price. Halong appears to be positioning themselves to be a strong value competitor. No more will we see a 80%+ monopoly by Bitmain, at least that's the hope here. This does not stop Bitmain from undercutting them, but it at least forces them to do that to retain a level of market share. As for other miners, Ebang's price for an 18T is 4800 for an end-of-march delivery, which is more than double the price of this Dragonmint. It will be interesting to see how Bitmain reacts, and when a S11/reduction on a S9 pricing announcement will occur. These days though, all miners are selling like hotcakes. They may not even flinch or care about the project at all until they lose a good chunk of their customers to Halong.

As for the coins moving around, it is a good thing, it shows that there is old money in the project which matches up with the Halong history.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 09:26:37 AM
I've been following this thread closely, and I wonder, what's so great about a 16T miner that nobody has ever seen that makes it worth risking precious btc on? I mean, ebang has an 18t for the same price, and they're a real company, with real products. Nobody seems to be going crazy for that. How come the dragonmint is so worthwhile? Less power consumption or something? I don't get it. I understand speculating, that's cool, but people are sending real btc to them, unrecoverable transactions. Seems kind of scary. I wouldn't mind taking a chance with a strongly protected credit card but btc is just gone if they screw you. And until recently it was 5 units or nothing. Is there some quality of the haloong miner that makes it great and I'm missing it? 
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
January 29, 2018, 09:17:38 AM
Ah, sending the coins through a mixer, no red flags there, right...?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
January 29, 2018, 03:21:18 AM

these may also be the funds. not so sure.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Kr6QSydW9bFQG1mXiPNNu6WpJGmUa9i1g

it is over 4 million in coins

This addy shows as hot wallet for bitfinex. At least thats what google and reddit says.....

13w7rYT5QyJZf5zv6FMTw6tZVjbKPeAmsa has first transaction of 9/30/17.  When did first round pre-order start?  Think this one is a exchange hot wallet as well.

How did you guys end up at these two wallets?  I never saw a wallet address posted where payments were sent.  

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 29, 2018, 01:50:03 AM
Yeah  well  

https://blockchain.info/tx/8f1a339a4a9610d20e5885ae516799c52438c9e2cbbab809d0fd52582bbb6b7b

shows a lot of 10000 dollars payments  and the hold account got as high as 587,000 usd

it then went to a mixer

https://blockchain.info/tx/a381071de11c15d7e86c3e25ca935821e18c525aa8fdfcdab5ed5d0a03948d39

I think these are the funds pretty sure.

https://blockchain.info/address/13w7rYT5QyJZf5zv6FMTw6tZVjbKPeAmsa

these may also be the funds. not so sure.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Kr6QSydW9bFQG1mXiPNNu6WpJGmUa9i1g

it is over 4 million in coins

It is late but I swear one of the addies reminds me of a big bitmain addy.

That would be interesting to see they are really bitmain.

On the one hand oh well still a monopoly but the gear would most likely be real.

I could be wrong more then a year since i looked at the big bitmain accounts.

They now use bcc more then btc
Pages:
Jump to: