Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 74. (Read 87763 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 306
February 02, 2018, 12:27:39 AM
You are all ignoring a huge point my conversation made. Any company conducting business within the United States has to have a federal and state ID. It is common practice to request these ID numbers from prospective businesses that you wish to do business with. It is a way of establishing legitimacy by verifying with the government that they indeed exist. Bitmain warranty may exist at that location, but myrig certainly does not. They don’t have a location in America yet Halong claims they are their sole distributor to the US.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
February 02, 2018, 12:12:05 AM
I'm still puzzled by this. I was under the 100% scam impression from the beginning. Then Myrig appeared and they have been around and conducting business for a while (under bitmainwarranty name). If in doubt I don't buy, so even if I'm not 100% sure it's a scam, I will not buy until they have a track record of delivering working miners.

USA and Japan addresses of Myrig, as well as phones for other countries are in their contacts page, here: https://myrig.com/contacts/
Pasted from there:

USA
Full Service
3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239 Denver, Colorado 80207
[email protected]

RUSSIA
Limited Service
Sales
+7 499 918-73-89 +7 968 433-57-53 Viber / WhatsApp / Telegram
Service
+38 096 770-47-00 Viber / WhatsApp / Telegram

UKRAINE
Limited Service
Sales
+38 044 360-79-58 +38 098 373-46-57 Viber / WhatsApp / Telegram
Service
+38 096 770-47-00 Viber / WhatsApp / Telegram

JAPAN
Limited Service
Minami 9 Jo Dori 26 chome 589-57
Asahikawa, Hokkaido 078-8339
Japan

VENEZUELA
Very Limited Service
+58 0212 720-21-27
February 02, 2018, 12:00:48 AM
I don't think Scott should of sent you Yoshi's number directly, but you definitely shouldn't have posted it up here on the forums for all of btctalk to see.

And why is that? If this man is scamming people out of thousands of dollars absolutely they should have his number.
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
February 01, 2018, 11:58:51 PM
I don't think Scott should of sent you Yoshi's number directly, but you definitely shouldn't have posted it up here on the forums for all of btctalk to see.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 10:59:49 PM
Thank you krisgt30 for doing the due diligence work for the community.
February 01, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
Several screenshots incoming after speaking to Scott and Yoshi directly. This backpedaling is really bad. This is sadly a 100% confirmed scam based on the contradictory speaking and refusal of simple business information. I sent an email to Yoshi asking for the address of the Colorado warehouse and for their state and federal tax ID for that location and the email is the response I got from Yoshi.

Activity: 17
February 01, 2018, 10:24:56 PM
just ordered 8 miners thanks for the link. you guys are going to be so jealous when my hash rate starts blooming  Grin
halongmining and their dragonmint is obviously a scam. https://tulipmining.com/ is pretty much same thing as halongmining lol
February 01, 2018, 08:33:50 PM
Despite the name, Baikal is not a Russian company.

Baikal is a Chinese company.
I've heard Malaysian too. Any source you can point me to? Amazing these companies don't even have an address on their website.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
February 01, 2018, 08:29:56 PM
It would be kinda weird if it wasn't bitmain.

Who would Samsung know would be a giant buyer from the off?

They ain't doing it for bitcoin's benefit. It's for their bottom line and it's likely bitmain is the one who'll fatten it the most.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
February 01, 2018, 08:28:55 PM
Despite the name, Baikal is not a Russian company.

Baikal is a Chinese company.
February 01, 2018, 08:23:38 PM

As an aside I heard the Samsung ASIC chips they admit making are going to Baikal.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/12/22/samsung-baikal-bitcoin/

I see this is old news...from Dec 22nd, 2017..but just became aware of it.

anyway, things are gonna get 'weird' by the end of spring, IMHO, in the ASIC world of crypto mining

Baikal is a Russian company, so yes the above was announced a while ago.  

Recent articles are a little vague, all Samsung said to date was :
“Samsung’s foundry business is currently engaged in the manufacturing of cryptocurrency mining chips. However we are unable to disclose further details regarding our customers.”
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/31/samsung-confirms-asic-chips/

Some believe they are making the chips now for an unnamed Chinese hardware manufacturer, others speculate that Samsung will produce hardware themselves.  Could Halong Mining be the unnamed company?  That would be interesting, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more transparency yet from Halong Mining so I'm not sure I buy into Samsung as a partner...

There's talk that if it's Samsung or another Chinese hardware manufacturer it could compete with Bitmain ... but what if the customer is Bitmain?  I know Bitmain has bought it's ASIC chips from TSMC so it's possible that they'll continue that relationship, but who knows in this crypto arms race.
Ebang was mentioned before, as in the E10 18T having Samsung chips. Timing seems about right too. But as usual, who knows Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
February 01, 2018, 02:04:42 PM
Did anyone from the Halong Mining 'first batch' already got their DragonMint 16TH? I ordered them (5x, in total 12.5 usd), but I'm worried if they will be delivered... Just asking since I cannot remember when the first batch will be or is delivered. Mine will hopefully come in April (2018?).

Thanks for any reply.

Delivery was promised in March it's only Feb 1st
Activity: 94
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

As an aside I heard the Samsung ASIC chips they admit making are going to Baikal.

anyway, things are gonna get 'weird' by the end of spring, IMHO, in the ASIC world of crypto mining

Baikal is a Russian company, so yes the above was announced a while ago.  

Recent articles are a little vague, all Samsung said to date was :
“Samsung’s foundry business is currently engaged in the manufacturing of cryptocurrency mining chips. However we are unable to disclose further details regarding our customers.”
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/31/samsung-confirms-asic-chips/

Some believe they are making the chips now for an unnamed Chinese hardware manufacturer, others speculate that Samsung will produce hardware themselves.  Could Halong Mining be the unnamed company?  That would be interesting, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more transparency yet from Halong Mining so I'm not sure I buy into Samsung as a partner...

There's talk that if it's Samsung or another Chinese hardware manufacturer it could compete with Bitmain ... but what if the customer is Bitmain?  I know Bitmain has bought it's ASIC chips from TSMC so it's possible that they'll continue that relationship, but who knows in this crypto arms race.
Activity: 3
February 01, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
Did anyone from the Halong Mining 'first batch' already got their DragonMint 16TH? I ordered them (5x, in total 12.5 usd), but I'm worried if they will be delivered... Just asking since I cannot remember when the first batch will be or is delivered. Mine will hopefully come in April (2018?).

Thanks for any reply.
Activity: 17
February 01, 2018, 01:05:51 AM
Looks like Samsung will sell ASIC hardware to a Chinese company who will distribute the chips onwards. If Halong were actually to create a product, and not vaporware, the miner might have Samsung inside.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01/30/samsung-bitcoin-mining-asics/

https://cointelegraph.com/news/samsung-enters-crypto-mining-market-mass-producing-asic-chips-for-china
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
February 01, 2018, 12:21:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
January 31, 2018, 06:44:11 PM
GMO just barely got their 12nm miner functional, 7 is still a LONG ways out

Do you have any more info about that? Like performance or if they plan to sell the miners to anyone.

Its not going to happen this calendar year. You shouldn't worry just yet.

Why not? If they have a 12nm miner functional with good performances they could sell miners to customers, but for a giant like them it may be not that important to sell some miners this year. Maybe they will wait for next year for the 7nm miners to blow off the mining market.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
January 31, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
yep, like this one:

https://www.ccn.com/samsung-begins-manufacturing-asic-chips-for-bitcoin-mining-rigs/

While the report does not state what hardware manufacturer Samsung is working with, it is likely that it could provide this firm with the ability to scale up its operations and challenge Bitmain’s dominant market share.

This would be a dream come true. Quality miners in bulk, and Bitmain going to oblivion. I don't know which one would bring me greater joy.
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
January 31, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

Do you have any more info about that? Like performance or if they plan to sell the miners to anyone.

Its not going to happen this calendar year. You shouldn't worry just yet.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
January 31, 2018, 10:34:58 AM

Pages:
Jump to: