Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 9. (Read 87605 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
September 16, 2018, 11:26:52 PM
Here's something you've probably been looking for:
https://twitter.com/MyRig_com/status/1041521494671548416

I quote the tweet below:
Since someone keep censoring default login information for the Dragon. You can find them at https://myrig.com  but also here you go! for SSH root:dr4g0nhash Web is admin:dragonadmin
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 09, 2018, 05:52:05 PM
Hello
I just started mining with my T1s and 4 of the 5 i have show "dead" boards. 

Are they really dead or is it just a software issue? 

They are still running the original firmware, could that be why?

Thanks for your help.
Activity: 71
Merit: 17
September 09, 2018, 11:25:39 AM
Theres a software to control T1s already? just like btc.com tools or awesome miner? I have a plenty of T1s and always have to check the temp one by one.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
September 08, 2018, 11:46:37 PM
Well pretty concise, not sure I heard your perspective so clearly laid out in prior posts. Not to take away from their gravity at all.

Innosilicon has a bit to overcome regardless of copyright/patent laws to show they can play nice with other developers. Be a great change of pace to see a manufacturer do better than predecessors in the asic market.   
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
September 08, 2018, 06:22:00 PM
Pretty much as I've expected from Halong from the very start and stated here from day-1 of the thread. The one single Kudo I'll give them is that they actually delivered a product that closely met their initial specs -- aside from requiring pool support of AB which they failed to mention to Investomers who pre-ordered and only told the public about a month or so before miners were delivered.

I still tend to think that Halong was a testgoat/shell corporation backed by Inno just to see if a miner using AB would be a salable item and supported by enough pools to be viable: If pools refused to support it only Little Dragon LLC and Halong would get the black eyes.

Given Inno has released firmware for the T1 that rebrands it with the innosilicon logo I would say you're spot on!
As I said earlier, Halong is not Inno, nor was it backed by Inno. Halong was standalone with bold goals that contracted Inno to create their hardware. Things did not go according to plan. Inno are now running with a chip they made for Halong. I doubt you'll hear from Halong as an entity again. China and patent laws are fun things.
Activity: 351
Merit: 410
September 07, 2018, 09:17:27 PM
I think all frodo is saying is their fork made their efforts void more so than than the introduction of overt.

More accurately, the activation of segwit made covert AsicBoost obsolete. No one is able to use covert AsicBoost anymore — as long as segwit remains active — because covert AsicBoost simply no longer works.

Does not change the fact that bitmain would have to surrender all patents of the covert asic boost patent. If they implemented it.

So while segwit was effective this was the second bolt in the door.

Note my sentence says "was good way to prevent ...."

Does not say  "only way to prevent covert boost"
Does not say "it did prevent covert asic boost"

I know you can delete or edit this reply ,  but I was not wrong to say that it is a good way to prevent covert asic boost.

I leave it at that.

Fair enough. We'll leave it at that.
We are not retail.
September 07, 2018, 08:56:34 PM
I think all frodo is saying is their fork made their efforts void more so than than the introduction of overt. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting as well or am just had to many beers to see straight or read well. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
September 07, 2018, 08:43:38 PM
That is inaccurate. Segwit, not overt AsicBoost, prevented the use of covert AsicBoost, as covert AsicBoost is incompatible with segwit.

Does not change the fact that bitmain would have to surrender all patents of the covert asic boost patent. If they implemented it.

So while segwit was effective this was the second bolt in the door.

Note my sentence says "was good way to prevent ...."

Does not say  "only way to prevent covert boost"
Does not say "it did prevent covert asic boost"

I know you can delete or edit this reply ,  but I was not wrong to say that it is a good way to prevent covert asic boost.

I leave it at that.
Activity: 351
Merit: 410
September 07, 2018, 08:33:46 PM
the overt AB  was good way to prevent bitmain from using covert asicboost

That is inaccurate. Segwit, not overt AsicBoost, prevented the use of covert AsicBoost, as covert AsicBoost is incompatible with segwit.
We are not retail.
September 07, 2018, 06:41:47 PM
my biggest appeal with the T1 was -ck's firmware.

Of course bitmain simply just sells 388 usd s9j's to retaliate so I guess little guys can't win.

to me the innosilicon T2Turbo is the best on the market for efficiency and the two low speed settings are not so loud.

Yea, T2T is the best option out currently. My S9i though is considerably quieter than my avalons and the early s9 when all at 100%.

Would be great to see -ck's work on these products again, along with some other collaborations we've been working towards (no collaborations with -ck and mfb to be clear, just a thought).

Was speaking with my sister who manages B2B integrations on the software side. Would be nice to work in some business access to manufacturers help streamline their bulk and non retail products/items.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
September 07, 2018, 05:10:38 PM
I've tried it for the past few days but I'm returning to the last firmware from -ck. The Inno firmware runs the fans higher, produces more errors IME, and has restarted on me randomly.

my biggest appeal with the T1 was -ck's firmware.

Of course bitmain simply just sells 388 usd s9j's to retaliate so I guess little guys can't win.

to me the innosilicon T2Turbo is the best on the market for efficiency and the two low speed settings are not so loud.
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
September 07, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Oh, and yes, that's the T1 firmware you're after. I still might talk to -ck about what is best to use.

I've tried it for the past few days but I'm returning to the last firmware from -ck. The Inno firmware runs the fans higher, produces more errors IME, and has restarted on me randomly.
We are not retail.
September 07, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
It was obvious once the T2 came out. From Halongs postings and pull coordinating with Innosilicons surprise announcement.

Halong had better market appeal of a start up, particularly working with MyRig as sales/support. When consumers support you there's no better marketing. A simple powered by or with Innosilicon asics would have done the T2 hugely while retaining the Halong brand. Then my opinion was they should have waited for sales with the T2T being their frist T2 model. As the T2 was just barely an upgrade IMO.

Sure T1 deliveries were poor, software/hardware needed work but most of that was worked out in a reasonable amount of time. AB to me is a non issue, if anything it helped drive decentralization of hash. Unwelcome surprise for some but nothing a user couldn't work out easily. Malicious or misleading, no. On the unfortunate end now pools like slush are much larger. Then good side is so are some smaller ones.

Mostly the hipcup with the T1 was the over extension of some partners. To make anything work you have to know your limits. It would be like us promoting tech support. Not something we focus on, so not something we're best at. Brokering, routing, transfers, shipping/receiving, sales, sure. Basic troubleshooting, ok. Beyond that, we're happy to let others take care of what they do best.

Oh, and yes, that's the T1 firmware you're after. I still might talk to -ck about what is best to use.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
September 07, 2018, 01:12:42 PM
And some people had hard time believing me when I pointed out the similar details in Halong and Inno design both in hardware and software.
copper member
September 07, 2018, 12:19:11 PM
Pretty much as I've expected from Halong from the very start and stated here from day-1 of the thread. The one single Kudo I'll give them is that they actually delivered a product that closely met their initial specs -- aside from requiring pool support of AB which they failed to mention to Investomers who pre-ordered and only told the public about a month or so before miners were delivered.

I still tend to think that Halong was a testgoat/shell corporation backed by Inno just to see if a miner using AB would be a salable item and supported by enough pools to be viable: If pools refused to support it only Little Dragon LLC and Halong would get the black eyes.

Given Inno has released firmware for the T1 that rebrands it with the innosilicon logo I would say you're spot on!
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
September 07, 2018, 11:58:15 AM

Activity: 294
Merit: 129
September 07, 2018, 11:17:04 AM
I'm actually not that surprised, when you consider how weird their launch and other acts were.

Like the Donald says: sad, so sad..

Whats the point of continuing the charade when everyone knows its just another name for innosilicon?

So funny reading back all the people that thought dragonmint would save us from big bad bitmain lmao
copper member
September 07, 2018, 09:55:12 AM
It looks like Innosilicon has taken over supporting the Halong T1 on the firmware side, Inno's support website lists a firmware update dated August 13th for the T1. I have it running on one of my T1's and it works. It adds Inno's logo and more granular tuning options from what I can see. Also splits up the miner log page, just like on the T2T, between system and miner.

Edit: Fans are also running much higher at the same tuning setting. As in 90% vs 60%.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
September 07, 2018, 09:31:00 AM
Rumors of greed, stolen funds, and internal struggles amongst the people within all the known affiliated companies. Ill leave it at that

I'm actually not that surprised, when you consider how weird their launch and other acts were.

Like the Donald says: sad, so sad..
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 07, 2018, 09:27:07 AM
Rumors of greed, stolen funds, and internal struggles amongst the people within all the known affiliated companies. Ill leave it at that

So was this whole tale a brief shot for the stars that's now burning up in the atmosphere? It's been a very strange little odyssey from start to potential finish.
Pages:
Jump to: