Pages:
Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 11. (Read 273558 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Nope still no joy.

anyone here on the Drillbit forums able to poke an admin I am still waiting for approval.

Regards
 Marc
Is Drillbit even alive? When was the last time Barntech posted here or on their forums?

That's why most of the support questions are back in this thread. The Drillbit staff have abandoned the community it seems.

Umm... they've been answering questions often on the Drillbit forums and they've just revamped their main website in prep for the new run of Bitfury and Avalon Boards/USB thumbs.  That's far from abandoning the community.
Except, as several have pointed out, you can't join those forums without an admin like Barntech around.

Lajz99  has admin position on the DrillbitSystem forum http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=h167no285ig024tq4tatigmh77&board=1.0

Then why are people complaining in this thread that they can't get access to the drillbit forums?
Activity: 616

Nope still no joy.

anyone here on the Drillbit forums able to poke an admin I am still waiting for approval.

Regards
 Marc
Is Drillbit even alive? When was the last time Barntech posted here or on their forums?

That's why most of the support questions are back in this thread. The Drillbit staff have abandoned the community it seems.

Umm... they've been answering questions often on the Drillbit forums and they've just revamped their main website in prep for the new run of Bitfury and Avalon Boards/USB thumbs.  That's far from abandoning the community.
Except, as several have pointed out, you can't join those forums without an admin like Barntech around.

Lajz99  has admin position on the DrillbitSystem forum http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=h167no285ig024tq4tatigmh77&board=1.0

erk

Nope still no joy.

Regards
 Marc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I've got to say I'm a little disappointed that I haven't had a reply to the messages I sent Barntech back in December.  I had hoped he would address why my boards hash so much slower than when they were first delivered.  After having the boards repaired, along with the firmware and software updated, my hash rate dropped at least 10% and my hardware errors increased by more than 11100%.  My hardware errors aren't bad now, but compared to when they were first delivered the difference is enormous.

Chad
Yeah but it's mostly community members that help out.
Like erk asks:
Where are barntech & co?

Maybe the heat wave has something to do with it?
Heard something on the radio this morning about Australia having record high average temperature.

Last post I saw from Angus was two days ago... Barntech much longer... haven't seen much from the others.   That doesn't mean they've abandoned the community though...

As it is still 'school holidays' time in Australia many people are still on leave.  Traffic actually moves on Sydney roads in January!  The heatwave is not the issue, as it mostly spared Sydney (only 31C today). Give the Drillbit guys a break, as they are probably slowly ramping-up into the work year.
Certainly the place for most drillbit technical and other issues is the drillbit system forum.

Cheers
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Like erk asks:
Where are barntech & co?

Heard something on the radio this morning about Australia having record high average temperature.

Last post I saw from Angus was two days ago... Barntech much longer... haven't seen much from the others.   That doesn't mean they've abandoned the community though...
Activity: 687
Like erk asks:
Where are barntech & co?

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Nope still no joy.

Regards
 Marc

Activity: 756
If you need forum approval please PM me.

We get TON of spam requests and it's very difficult to tell who's real and who's not...
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Try the drillbitsystem.com forums, they are answering questions regularly on their forums.

I have one 8 board and 2 thumbs running on a rpi using the TK1337 build of Minepeon (V7).

The board averages 19.5 without over clocking.

The thumbs average 2.2 without over clocking.
erk

Nope still no joy.

Regards
 Marc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
So far flashed the firmware with no problem and removed all other load from the hub (block erupted and fan)
But sadly no different yet
CGMiner next

Sadly no Joy with the new cgminer either.

Trying to get registered on the Drillbit forums but admin approval seems to be taking days.

Which OS are you using?  can you try that Thumb on another PC?
After trying my Thumb with different miner s/w (the new bfgminer 3.10) on another PC, when I returned it to the original 'mining pc' it had a much lower hashing rate than previously (abt 2.7 vs. 3.02 GH/sec before).  This is at ext:270:1:950.  Resetting cgminer (S - setting, C - restart cgminer) brought it back to previous performance.  I suspect that there are some persistent parameter values that require more than 1 go to change.

Good luck

Yes I compiled it with the drillbit options.
I can certainly try a different machine.  Worth a try ;-)

Nope still no joy.

Regards
 Marc
JBT
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Pff it costed me another 2 days to get all the boards running again ... i constant had one not wanting to hash no matter what setting.
But i am wondering why they run without an issue if they are direct connected to the pc
And more a miracle then they actually run at 48:2:950 ?!?!?
But as soon as they are pluggen in whatever hub or when the cable gets longer the hell starts

shitty usb cable/hub then?
Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
Pff it costed me another 2 days to get all the boards running again ... i constant had one not wanting to hash no matter what setting.
But i am wondering why they run without an issue if they are direct connected to the pc
And more a miracle then they actually run at 48:2:950 ?!?!?
But as soon as they are pluggen in whatever hub or when the cable gets longer the hell starts
JBT
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
have any used bfg vs cgminer and got asic timeouts on both? or just the one
So far flashed the firmware with no problem and removed all other load from the hub (block erupted and fan)
CGMiner next

Trying to get registered on the Drillbit forums but admin approval seems to be taking days.

After trying my Thumb with different miner s/w (the new bfgminer 3.10) on another PC, when I returned it to the original 'mining pc' it had a much lower hashing rate than previously (abt 2.7 vs. 3.02 GH/sec before).  This is at ext:270:1:950.  Resetting cgminer (S - setting, C - restart cgminer) brought it back to previous performance.  I suspect that there are some persistent parameter values that require more than 1 go to change.

Good luck

Yes I compiled it with the drillbit options.
I can certainly try a different machine.  Worth a try ;-)
CGMiner next

Good luck
erk
CGMiner next

Did you compile cgminer with the drillbit option? It's not enabled by default.

CGMiner next

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Couple questions....

1)  Having trouble deciphering the new command line arguments to run the 8 boards with bfgminer, anyone know what they are/mean?

2)  How do I get the latest firmware and correct drivers to run the new bfgminer?  (on Win 7 64 bit .... I did look at the drillbit forums but they are not complete or I misunderstand a step or two in the process)

Thanks!

I haven't tried this yet but --- @drillbit forum

I just check the source and do some test:

To set voltage to all drillbits: --set-device DRB:voltage=0.95

To set external clock for a Thumb with serial 55667700: --set-device DRB@55667700:clock=245

To set internal clock for a Eight with serial 33445500: --set-device DRB@33445500:clock=L53:2

Specify above options in bfgminer.conf: "set-device" : [ "DRB:voltage=0.95", "DRB@55667700:clock=245", "DRB@33445500:clock=L53:2" ]
Pages:
Jump to: