Pages:
Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 8. (Read 273558 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
That is a long ago posted problem i have 8 boards which in no way want to run at 950

At least not if they are connected to the miniplanes and double scroll
In fact it has been since i got them a enormous issue to get them working at all

Every day i MUST reset the whole miner setup 2 times to make sure it does not crash and is dead for many hours
If i put one board direct into my pc with a fat usb cable ( not the tiny ones delivered by the boards) but one which i got for my ereader i can get it running with 49 or 50:2:950 v
As soon as i add another board the asic error hell starts and ends in cgminer crashing, so if i would have 8 pc's i could run them at 50:2:950 and maybe higher. But to be honest i do not have high hopes for that experiment either.

Sometimes when i am lucky the board start instant at 50:2:850, the 50 is the magic number here.
But often that will not work then it takes lots of tries and restarts till they run again
Often takes about 4 to 7 times before they start hashing again, reflashing these bastards have helped a few times but often does not help much.
They start by hashing at say 1 to 5 Ghash and slowly start to  go up and if they are in a good mood they start running slow and see the asic errors disappear.

I have no clue what the boards did before i send them to the repair guy, i never had ran them they was after i received them end december direct to the repair guy hoping i got lucky to see them shortly after christmas returned but even that turned out being end januari.

I tried running them under win in either x86 or x64 versions like xp, 7 , 8 , 8.1 and tried ubuntu , raspberry linux every time i can only get them running stable for a few hours and often they simple crash the whole miner thing
When i use cgwatcher under windows which restarts every 4 hours i had the most luck, but even that ended sometimes in a horrible system crash.
However i do have a wife and other family members and small children in my small house often, so you can guess what the ladies want with this miner things....
You probably guessed it right they must move out of the house. So they are now on a small cabinet in my garage. sharing the cramped space with some real miners.
Actually temp wise it was a good move, they are now between 20 and 30 C max. my little house is not nearly as cold as the garage where the temp at this moment is below 12 C and in the cold days even was -5 C which made the miners run at a nice 16 to 23 C funny enough the boards with the highest temp are the 2 just above the lowest ones.
So in all its every day a challenge to keep them working they are now on a psu which is 1600 watts feeding only 2 antminers and the 8 db boards connected to the r.pi
I tried the image given by TK1337 which runs bfgminer but that gave another weird result
7 boards run ok ( even a bit faster then i ever get them on the old) but one board pumps out at least 95% errors
Now comes the hard part.... every time i reboot the machine another board is suddenly the failing one.
So after endless tries on getting them to run with that image i gave up and moved back to the old v7 image with cgminer 3.8.5 and keep them running at the same old setting and each day do the routine by restarting the crap and check as many times i can to see the crap still runs.
Yes i say crap, did i mention they are crap.
The freaking ants i never ever have to watch if they run.
My knc box which is making up the enormous losses i made on these db boards less painfull
Had 2 repairs and took many weeks before knc took them to get repaired but now i never have to look at it.
Runs and mine as it should these are the real ones the super nice boxes.
Setup once and never have to look at them .... well hardly ever Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
After repairs none of my boards would run higher than default.  I average 17-19 gigahashes per board.  Before repairs my slowest board ran 22+ at 52:2:950.

Chad
JBT
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I can not get my freaking boards over average 18 Gh with 50 to 52:2:850 
And no i do not have a place to put each board on a seperate usb port and i did not pay 1 btc for those connector boards to not use them at all .......

you should up 850 to 950 i am using 53:2:950 av 23GH/s
Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
I can not get my freaking boards over average 18 Gh with 50 to 52:2:850 
And no i do not have a place to put each board on a seperate usb port and i did not pay 1 btc for those connector boards to not use them at all .......
JBT
this 8board is now becoming a problem child. if it stops for what ever reason it will not hash with any setting above :750 and also using 42:1:750 produces loads HE 60%, i check the power there's plenty, another usb cable, another pc even. since last night 21:30 had it running on 42:1:750 so at least hashing a bit just got it now to hash 53:2:950, the rotary fan keeps that heat sink at 30 -32 C in ambient 34C and another small fan on the chip side. it's as if the voltage regulator not doing what it should be doing
JBT
I have had mine go bad quite a few times but it has always been solved after powering down PSU and letting it rest for bit.
10 minutes all it needs and then it mines at 950.
tried that as well didn't help. so i went and played some kerbal for like hour or so and after that there was life..... running on 52:2:950 29C HE 0.7% av 21.97 GH , mmm av 24 GH at HE 3% 33C is better

ED. wow i restarted it with new settings and it didn't bitch about it, running 24Av HR 3.14% 30C
Activity: 687
I have had mine go bad quite a few times but it has always been solved after powering down PSU and letting it rest for bit.
10 minutes all it needs and then it mines at 950.
Activity: 616
after whole day mining at 53:2:950 doing its the same thing, asic timeout. sadly i have to restart my internet connection once a day and this causes this. there is asic timeouts at 48:1:850 and it only starts hashing at 48:1:750 (also hw is 60% so thats no good), so its power related. the psu is fine feeding it and its not usb. Huh

What? Why do you have to reset your connection?

due to the FUP of isp 24/7 dl is frowned apon so connected at 23:5/7

Jesus where do you live? North Korea?

On topic, do you have to reset the PSU to get it to mine at 950?
also tried that, didn't work. i unplugged power and usb. reconnected power followed  by usb, didn't help. it just started hashing now at 48:1:850 but running at like 300MH.  got it to run now at 53:2:950 wtf?! . enough kerbal for tonight, and it can hash so sleep it is.
Measure you PSU voltages at the Drillbit board Molex connector, may be your PS is dying?

Cheers
JBT
after whole day mining at 53:2:950 doing its the same thing, asic timeout. sadly i have to restart my internet connection once a day and this causes this. there is asic timeouts at 48:1:850 and it only starts hashing at 48:1:750 (also hw is 60% so thats no good), so its power related. the psu is fine feeding it and its not usb. Huh

also tried that, didn't work. i unplugged power and usb. reconnected power followed  by usb, didn't help. it just started hashing now at 48:1:850 but running at like 300MH.  got it to run now at 53:2:950 wtf?! . enough kerbal for tonight, and it can hash so sleep it is.

JBT

JBT
after whole day mining at 53:2:950 its doing the same thing, asic timeout. sadly i have to restart my internet connection once a day and this causes this. there is asic timeouts at 48:1:850 and it only starts hashing at 48:1:750 (also hw is 60% so thats no good), so its power related. the psu is fine feeding it and its not usb. Huh

ed. ugh 00:46 and cant type
JBT
Fans only blow what they get. It could have been hot for your devices and cool for you. I can only assume I'm going to gain a few degrees once spring comes into play.
true if ambient is high then yeah.... i must say these rotatory fans are good when they run at full speed they can lift themselves off the floor
Activity: 546
Fans only blow what they get. It could have been hot for your devices and cool for you. I can only assume I'm going to gain a few degrees once spring comes into play.
JBT
Got a rotary fan on the heat sink and another fan on the other side, and temp shows like 28 to 32
Activity: 546
Overheat maybe?
JBT
I take it your PSU is good enough to provide the overclock power ?

my boards flat out refuse to run at 950, but im 100% sure thats down to my crappy PSU.
running of pc psu 800watt odin so yes it's got the power, everything was fine this morning just noticed this afternoon after work the asic timeouts then followed by death

ed: WTF!? after sending a few email checking other stuff "suddenly" theres life! 
Activity: 139
I take it your PSU is good enough to provide the overclock power ?

my boards flat out refuse to run at 950, but im 100% sure thats down to my crappy PSU.
JBT
something seriously wrong with my 8board. it will only work with 48:1:850 and runs at 800 od MH it will not hash on 52:2:950. i tried re-flashing usb cables power reboot pc etc. what else can i check? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: