Pages:
Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 2. (Read 273554 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Check drillbitsystem.com/forum . They probably do and theres instructions for most of the known programs.

Just watch out if you intend to buy from drillbitsystem.com since Barntech, the person administrating sales , has not been posting since July. I wish him well  whatevers his reasons for silence.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Do drillbit avalon thumbs work with minepeon on rapsberry pi?
Hey did anyone visit Australia over the summer and visit Barntech. He hasn't chimed in in a while. He asked us what we might want drillbitsystems to make us  a few months ago and haven't seen him or Angus pop up .

I'm moving on to antminers and can't wait anymore. If all goes well my 4x bitfury boards, mini plane, and my  drillbit bitfury thumb will be up for sale late September. Any profit will hopefully go toward buying more drillbit tech in the future [or whoever buys them]. Start throwing prices around them if you have the expansion potential still or till then check on them at miningrigrentals.com via my referral link in my signature area and rent them for a little bit under my drillbit forum  username aTechman.

Hope all is well with drillbit systems. Hope to hear from you soon Undecided Sad Sad .
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I'm going to be listing 6 Drillbit 8 boards for sale, along with 2 miniplanes, and a Dell Z750 PSU with the sidehack breakout board. ~120GH.

All have been repaired by TK.

I'll include the USB cables and a USB hub. PM with offers if interested. Escrow is fine.

I'd like to sell it here rather than eBay.
Where are you shipping from?

Cheers
Illinois
Activity: 616
I'm going to be listing 6 Drillbit 8 boards for sale, along with 2 miniplanes, and a Dell Z750 PSU with the sidehack breakout board. ~120GH.

I'll include the USB cables and a USB hub. PM with offers if interested. Escrow is fine.

Where are you shipping from?

Cheers
Activity: 117

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Does the Drillbit team have anything new in the works?  I'm wanting some new hardware from a trust worthy source.

Thanks!

Chad
Activity: 105
Newby here..What are You selling I have $3500 to Invest and Free Electricity..

How Much TH/s can You offer me for that amount..

Thanks in advance..
JBT
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
That's true but no PSU can take unlimited amps on the 5V rail. But I guess a quality PSU should shut down before a melt down happens.

it is/was a 800W odin modular psu. it was pulling about 17A (max25A 5v) from the rail in question that starting overheating i think the fan got stuck or something. i have it outside of the pc powering 3 av16 at the moment and no problems, bad connection maybe....
Activity: 687
That's true but no PSU can take unlimited amps on the 5V rail. But I guess a quality PSU should shut down before a melt down happens.
Activity: 249
specking your power supply is very important as i found out, since i fried my 800W as i was pulling ay to many amps on the 5V rail. melting smoke aint funny. as a rule of thumb always asume psu are only 80% efficient. so with a 550W dont go above 440W and obviously pay not on the amp rating of the psu as 550W not the whole power supply but more likely 470W only for the 12V rail.
RIP odin....

A good psu can deliver near 100% to the componentry.  The 80% efficiency means it will be drawing 125% from the wall to deliver that 100% to the computer.

i.e. the rating is supposed to be "to the computer".  Not "from the wall".

Note this only applies to quality supplies with real ratings.

YumCha psu's might deliver the approximate power of a bowl of fried rice.
specking your power supply is very important as i found out, since i fried my 800W as i was pulling ay to many amps on the 5V rail. melting smoke aint funny. as a rule of thumb always asume psu are only 80% efficient. so with a 550W dont go above 440W and obviously pay not on the amp rating of the psu as 550W not the whole power supply but more likely 470W only for the 12V rail.
RIP odin....

I guess you friend used alot of Molex to PCI-E converters right?

no that would be me. and no drillbitsystem to blame. was the usb eruptors fault, was pulling way to much on the one 5V rail
Sorry about your power supply, I guess the 'lessons learnt' are to make sure you don't go beyond the specs, use some protection (like add a fuse on that 5V line, in case one of the hubs shorts out) and measure your actual consumption to detect the overload before the smoke....

Cheers
JBT
RIP odin....

no that would be me. and no drillbitsystem to blame. was the usb eruptors fault, was pulling way to much on the one 5V rail
Activity: 687
RIP odin....

JBT
RIP odin....
JBT
Which device are you asking is alright? The antminer needs at least 30 amps (360W/12v = amp [I think]) so anything over that is gravy. All these newish devices want alot more amps than my old supplies use ,so if your planning on anything like an antminer or an avalon device check the amps as well. I'm probablhy getting griefed by my 8boards wanting more than I can give them and will be looking for more like the cousair hx brand since I know it works on higher devices like the antminer (the 650 has 54 amps so I should be good for a year till antminer s2 drops in price).

Just make sure your being specific on your device your asking about multiple devices in a post which was meant to be only for drillbit and was supposed to be killed in respects to use the official drillbit forum.

Enjoy Wink
yeah point taken.  was referring to 8boards and av16. busy making a box for them with their own power supply.
Which device are you asking is alright? The antminer needs at least 30 amps (360W/12v = amp [I think]) so anything over that is gravy. All these newish devices want alot more amps than my old supplies use ,so if your planning on anything like an antminer or an avalon device check the amps as well. I'm probablhy getting griefed by my 8boards wanting more than I can give them and will be looking for more like the cousair hx brand since I know it works on higher devices like the antminer (the 650 has 54 amps so I should be good for a year till antminer s2 drops in price).

Just make sure your being specific on your device your asking about multiple devices in a post which was meant to be only for drillbit and was supposed to be killed in respects to use the official drillbit forum.

Enjoy Wink
JBT
anyone have specs antminer vs av16?

av16 is supposed to draw 4A at conservative settings and upto 6.5A at maximum safe settings per http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=309.0.
I estimate that a single board takes about 5-6A when doing 22 GH/sec.  At 5A it will be 5*12=60W, so 22/60=0.367 GH/W. (probably need to add a few Watts for the essential fans).
The Antminer S1 at default settings does 180 GH and takes 360W at the wall, which makes 0.5 GH/W.  This suggests that the S1 is slightly more efficient, however both are significantly less efficient than the S2 or Spondoolies SP10.

Cheers
running my Eight:int:52:2:950,Av16:int:750:1:1000 192W+180W =372Wplus fans say 380W so techincally a 450W psu should be ok...but on psu the sticker 428W is for +12V 25A and 22W for -12V 0.8A
would this psu with it's 20awg wires work? since its got 3cables i can use 4 if i steal one from the mb plug
JBT

av16 is supposed to draw 4A at conservative settings and upto 6.5A at maximum safe settings per http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=309.0.
I estimate that a single board takes about 5-6A when doing 22 GH/sec.  At 5A it will be 5*12=60W, so 22/60=0.367 GH/W. (probably need to add a few Watts for the essential fans).
The Antminer S1 at default settings does 180 GH and takes 360W at the wall, which makes 0.5 GH/W.  This suggests that the S1 is slightly more efficient, however both are significantly less efficient than the S2 or Spondoolies SP10.

Cheers
thanks kopar (the small usb eruprors at 0.5A*10 and 320MH/s)
making about R45 a day and half goes to electricity so cost versus output is important since drawing about 400W at the wall.

I estimate that a single board takes about 5-6A when doing 22 GH/sec.  At 5A it will be 5*12=60W, so 22/60=0.367 GH/W. (probably need to add a few Watts for the essential fans).
The Antminer S1 at default settings does 180 GH and takes 360W at the wall, which makes 0.5 GH/W.  This suggests that the S1 is slightly more efficient, however both are significantly less efficient than the S2 or Spondoolies SP10.

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: