Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwolla can no longer process deposits or withdrawals to MtGox - page 2. (Read 13014 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Never did like Dwolla.

I did.  Until now.  I dont think they've handled the PR well.

donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
not that it will happen this time, but i really wish
that gox goes away...

I'll be fine with that as long as CampBX (or someone in the US) continues making it easy (i.e. working with Dwolla) to get my fiat out of the exchange.

Maybe we need more Dwolla-type things in the US?
Yeah, we need more Ashton Kutchers in the world.  Roll Eyes

Did the actor invent something like Dwolla, like, in the real-life meat-space?
Or is this a reference to the TV show?
If it's a reference, I can only muster a panting laugh, a la Sheldon Cooper.  (swing and a miss)

The actor is a key investor of Dwolla, and major investor of online ventures such as airbnb, hipmunk and others.
Activity: 252

CampBX is solid, they just don't cope with load that well (site is very sluggish right now).

lol, isn't another exchange known for this problem as well? maybe some slack should be given to both
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
They are trying to destroy what they can't control. What they can't control is where I want to be. Screw it, I'm buying more coins today. Wasn't planning to, but this entire thing just proves how stupid it is to hold on to dollars.

Exactly this. They are cracking down on people rightfully receiving US$ they own.

.. And people's reaction is to buy more $$$? I'm speechless.

When this happened in Cyprus (authorities halting fiat movement), the price of BTC went up.

Bitcoin is the solution to these problems... We are witnessing the beginning of the last gasps of authority recklessly trying to hold onto a broken monetary system.

It's time to properly separate the concerns of government and finance.
some in europe have already....see tranferwise

Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
I wonder if more payment processors will have their accounts frozen by the goverments Undecided
Activity: 181
Anyone been able to dig up a copy of these "court orders"...aren't such things a matter of public record?
Only those things the ruling gang don't mind being public are a matter of public record.
Dump dollars, fight oppression. The weaker the dollar, the less power they have.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Wait, I'm confused....

People are still using Mt.Gox?
Who else are you going to use?  Everyone else has lax security or no US-customer options.

CampBX is in the US. Do they have lax security? They also use Dwolla.

CampBX is solid, they just don't cope with load that well (site is very sluggish right now). By the way Dwolla transfers on CampBX are working just fine, I withdrawed some $ just now and received it in Dwolla instantly.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
Wait, I'm confused....

People are still using Mt.Gox?
Who else are you going to use?  Everyone else has lax security or no US-customer options.

CampBX is in the US. Do they have lax security? They also use Dwolla.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Anyone been able to dig up a copy of these "court orders"...aren't such things a matter of public record?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
I liked Dwolla for the ease of shorting to my bank acct via ACH. Are there any other reasonable options for ACH to banks of small amounts of USD?

As has been mentioned before, if you buy bitcoins you can transfer them to CampBX or Coinbase and then get them sent to your account. CampBX works with Dwolla, Coinbase links directly to your bank account like Dwolla does.

Also:  https://fastcash4bitcoins.com -- run by forum member DeathAndTaxes
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
I liked Dwolla for the ease of shorting to my bank acct via ACH. Are there any other reasonable options for ACH to banks of small amounts of USD?

As has been mentioned before, if you buy bitcoins you can transfer them to CampBX or Coinbase and then get them sent to your account. CampBX works with Dwolla, Coinbase links directly to your bank account like Dwolla does.
Activity: 181
They are trying to destroy what they can't control. What they can't control is where I want to be. Screw it, I'm buying more coins today. Wasn't planning to, but this entire thing just proves how stupid it is to hold on to dollars.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Never did like Dwolla.
Activity: 231
CampBX reporting problems with Dwolla too, although not stating it's because of DHS.

https://www.facebook.com/CampBX/posts/593750063970782

DHS Confirms Targeting Gox/Dwolla:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57584511-38/homeland-security-cuts-off-dwolla-bitcoin-transfers/

That was last week when Dwolla was down.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
No, I want to my funds off gox without doing a wiretransfer

So turn them into bitcoins.  They're pretty cheap at the moment...
______
Tarot Card Readings for Bitcoins, available via e-mail, phone, skype or IM of your choice.  Inquire for price, quite reasonable.

uhhh..... thanks for the heads up Babylon Tongue
ha ha ha
welcome to the same shit we have to put up with in the uk......

no one raises an eyebrow at the fact that we brits, and many others have issues getting money in and out of exchanges, but when it upsets you yanks its all end of the world, and coin price is gonna crash....

boo hoo....

ps its late at night for me and im in a bad mood Cheesy
Activity: 322

I liked Dwolla for the ease of shorting to my bank acct via ACH.

Are there any other reasonable options for ACH to banks of small amounts of USD?

This is shitty.

Pages:
Jump to: