Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwolla can no longer process deposits or withdrawals to MtGox - page 9. (Read 13014 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
So two USA regulating bodies don't know weather bitcoin is a commodity or a currency but they simply want to regulate it, not ban, and another agency, Homeland Security, is trying to shut the whole thing down probably because someone one time mentioned it could fund terrorism.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Wait, I'm confused....

People are still using Mt.Gox?

This
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
This happened to me as well (got the same message).

WHat are our options?

SWIFT (BIC/IBAN) transfers
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
This is very bad.

I used Dwolla exclusive for getting money in and out of MtGox. They were great and cheap as others have said before.  

We need a US-based exchange to open up QUICKLY. This is not good news for bitcoins. It's only becoming harder to acquire bitcoins now.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Wait, I'm confused....

haha, exactly. All that big money sitting on Gox isn't Dwolla money. It's Bank transfer money.
Activity: 938
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Let me be the first to say:

SELL SELL SELL! Grin

Not if tyou want to get your money out of MTGOX,  To do that you'll have to buy buy buy.
Activity: 518
Wait, I'm confused....

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

WHat are our options?

Regular bank transfers. Which the government probably has a much easier time tracking. :-) To be honest this sounds like more of a way to shut down Dwolla then to shut down MtGox.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Let me be the first to say:

SELL SELL SELL! Grin
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

WHat are our options?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Received a message from Dwolla just now:

"As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

You’re receiving this notice because our systems have indicated that you’ve processed and completed a real-time Dwolla-to-Dwolla payment to Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”) within the last 24 hours.

Due to recent court orders received from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Dwolla is no longer legally able to service Mutum Sigillum LLC’s account.

This is a courtesy email encouraging you to follow up on any uncompleted orders with Mutum Sigillum LLC as Dwolla is now unable to move money to and from Mutum Sigillum LLC’s Dwolla account.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience."

This is rather inconvenient for me as I've been using Dwolla-->MtGox for some time now.  It's slow, but it's been working without much effort and with only a $0.25 fee.  How many people actually use this method of getting money into MtGox?

Um kind of concerning. This is Gox's US-based payment processor, isn't it? WTF is going on?
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
Due to recent court orders received from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Dwolla is no longer legally able to service Mutum Sigillum LLC’s account.

The Department for Homeland Security send out court orders ?

I'd like to read these, are they a matter of public record on some website or locked away in secret ?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Well, that's inconvenient.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Does Dwolla work for large amounts of money? I would think that international wires are the most important.
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
Received a message from Dwolla just now:

"As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

You’re receiving this notice because our systems have indicated that you’ve processed and completed a real-time Dwolla-to-Dwolla payment to Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”) within the last 24 hours.

This is a courtesy email encouraging you to follow up on any uncompleted orders with Mutum Sigillum LLC as Dwolla is now unable to move money to and from Mutum Sigillum LLC’s Dwolla account.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience."

This is rather inconvenient for me as I've been using Dwolla-->MtGox for some time now.  It's slow, but it's been working without much effort and with only a $0.25 fee.  How many people actually use this method of getting money into MtGox?
Pages:
Jump to: