Pages:
Author

Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds - page 8. (Read 27909 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Load the wallet you sent the funds to. Smiley

Of course I tried that. What I haven't done is separate the wallet holding proof of cold *and* dark wallet payments. That I'll get to tomorrow sometime...along with the spreadsheet share.

The spreadsheets are done, brain's just fried trying to figure out where one node was short deposits and one over. I'll share those when I get up in the morning.

The first wave of community node payouts has just gone out!
It's a modest haul, but it's a start.
Activity: 448
Sigh, I hope so. I saw that the guy that lost 1000DRK was able to get his DRK back from his corrupted wallet file with a lot of help, but in my case: the wallet.dat doesn't seem to be corrupt when I restore it locally. I'm getting this error after uploading my wallet.dat with proof of Node 1's stake deposit to address0:

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error 13
darkcoin in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error 13

Seems to point to a permissions problem or a corrupt wallet file. However, I uploaded other wallet save points and still saw the same error.  Huh
Try using older wallet version. Or just load it into the win wallet. Should work.

I tried this. It showed the 1000DRK external payment but nothing was sent back even though the node was set to 0 and the darkcoind daemon turned off.

I did think of something though...wonder if this is the error msg. you see if you try activating a 2nd node from the same wallet? I figured it wouldn't matter since one was set up via the hot wallet method using RC2 and the other node was set up with cold wallet with RC3. Worth a shot. My last shot probably since I never heard back from Evan, who I'm sure is busy what w/ the pool going down and RC4 still coming up. I might have run into a system check where it catches someone trying to activate multiple nodes from the same wallet.

I'm separating these funds tomorrow evening and seeing if that's the cause of this error. Grasping at straws here...
Load the wallet you sent the funds to. Smiley
BTW, there's interest in a 5th community node. Recently received a 25% stake for it.

So...if you're interested, there's a 75% stake available in Node 5. It should go live the same day it gets full, as long as it doesn't go full too late in the evening. If it doesn't fill up, there's a person that has thankfully agreed to fill in the rest to complete the node.
First payouts should be due in the next 6 hours. It's only from a few days of operations so they're not very large, of course. Projected over a year, however, and the returns look like the inverse of the kind of loan you wouldn't want to be responsible for paying, even without any DRK price movement upwards. It's quite an interesting way of earning funds just from holding cryptocurrency one hopes that you meant to keep anyway:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7006991

Thank you everyone for bearing through this rough introductory period. With the written guides out there all catering to single wallet setups, I ran into all kinds of problems trying to scale up, and I just had to take on the obstacles one at a time to get to where my understanding of multiple cold wallet setups is today.

It really didn't help that at the same time I got busy with nodes this is the most work I've seen at my day job in several years, which was a blessing and a curse. I don't recommend 1 day off a month. It's probably not too good for you. So glad to have shipped product earlier today. I'm sure I'll have to deal with more work around it (spec. paperwork) but I can focus some time to help others get their full nodes going. A good sized chunk of reservations of Batch 1 Full Node reservations have also patiently decided to wait to launch their nodes until we can meet in person, so that's great news for those in Batch 1 or 2 of Full Node reservations. Smiley

You'll need to download the Tor bundle if you want secure, private access to your spreadsheet. I have to do this approach if we're going to respect people's rights to privacy and to those who do not want to have a centralized source somewhere (like Dropbox and its competitors) have possible access to this info/file.

Also: anyone know the best way to track mining output of nodes on the web over time? This is useful info for everyone. Also a heads up: I do have family coming down so I could possibly go camping or something fun like that for a few days in the near future but before the next payout on the 16th.

Need to take a small break to recharge. The nodes are operating well, but I'll be sure to check notifications are set up correctly before I go.
Sigh, I hope so. I saw that the guy that lost 1000DRK was able to get his DRK back from his corrupted wallet file with a lot of help, but in my case: the wallet.dat doesn't seem to be corrupt when I restore it locally. I'm getting this error after uploading my wallet.dat with proof of Node 1's stake deposit to address0:

darkcoin in AppInit()

Seems to point to a permissions problem or a corrupt wallet file. However, I uploaded other wallet save points and still saw the same error.  Huh
Try using older wallet version. Or just load it into the win wallet. Should work.

I tried this. It showed the 1000DRK external payment but nothing was sent back even though the node was set to 0 and the darkcoind daemon turned off.

I did think of something though...wonder if this is the error msg. you see if you try activating a 2nd node from the same wallet? I figured it wouldn't matter since one was set up via the hot wallet method using RC2 and the other node was set up with cold wallet with RC3. Worth a shot. My last shot probably since I never heard back from Evan, who I'm sure is busy what w/ the pool going down and RC4 still coming up. I might have run into a system check where it catches someone trying to activate multiple nodes from the same wallet.

I'm separating these funds tomorrow evening and seeing if that's the cause of this error. Grasping at straws here...

darkcoin in AppInit()

Also: testing out onionshare for anonymous, decentralized file sharing of the spreadsheets. Only the relevant node owners will receive this link to their spreadsheet(s).

Good news: will use best anonymity technology - TOR. No centralized "man in the middle" who could be compromised such as Dropbox.

Bad news: If you don't already have it, you might have to download and install the TOR bundle to properly open the private link if the link doesn't work correctly.

No offense to DropBox but I'm not a fan of their security model and the vulnerabilities that were uncovered and glossed over: http://www.zdnet.com/dropbox-drops-the-security-notification-ball-again-7000029216/
Spreadsheets going out tomorrow, been working on them this evening.

Reminder of Previous Deposits:

Node #2

Owners of these Trx IDs (you know who you are  Smiley ) -

Net amount: +100.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 0fc98a444630af31a49cc6cbc282dccebc1a2770352cbc2b5046d7eeda1f11d4 (Kauai Bitcoin Club)

Net amount: +250.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 3e516463ec96851dbf5a1d0a99a408e1b5582a6842da27acfa603010d139665c

Transaction ID: a42f38f03040ae7c901a73a5958dd13f6bf239a515115aea86047acebbfc61d8

Net amount: +300.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 865be4a57cf29f19b64dd01f7026b3fee3abbc493ed8fa798f2278c46170fb4b

Net amount: +1.00 DRK
Transaction ID: b171b17e935690dc1dc32970b75db5ef4c74afd2db98a6fef866a4d8d1c17e79

Net amount: +249.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 0b7a30d04c046ac98821d3d18247d556e6026a4f76fe14fa2514107112f675b8

==

Node #3

Net amount: +750.00 DRK Refunded to ddink7
Transaction ID: 13d5aa657bfbd7f0b963f961c7ca0498954cea12ad169e7ab838fd3131c29b38

Net amount: +250.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 7c423fa74c6047cc369eb819822c6dda5ebc48eb40796947c8aedf7c2e7f0c25

==

Node #4 #3

Transaction ID: f4242d574d1306587e96da57e39571e105fa038f3bb2754a766d3f837f2febd3

Transaction ID: 6485e51d4041367a03ae205a98e550ce0f797cdd8e82c9d55ab7e8b47489b4bc

Net amount: +100.10 DRK
Transaction ID: c4e1e47d671eeea6fc284e12ad9996bfe8ed96363f02723caf5ccd3464ce1dfa

==

So deposits made after this last one of 100.10 DRK on 6/16, will likely be in Node 4 if your deposit kicked it over 1000DRK, and deposits like the last one above, made on or before 6/16 are in Nodes 2 or 3. Based on your deposit date and/or Trx ID above, this should tell you which node you're in when until the spreadsheets go out tomorrow.

darkcoin in AppInit()

Hey ozzie,

Thanks, I saw your PM on Reddit, just was too busy to get back to you and a lot of others waiting for full node setups.

The method I was using was the hot wallet method of uploading the wallet.dat to reside on the server. Some people do this just so they don't have to mess around with multiple local wallet.dat files and hacks around this limit. The associated privkey has been funded for weeks via the zeroth address. I'll give it a shot on another PC, but I'm losing hope that we'll get our hot wallet DRK back.

Good point about using the older client w/ the old wallet.dat...it was sent via that client and it's worth a shot at this point.
If you have the server and can access the wallet.dat; I have zero doubt you'll get your Darks back, so don't lose hope mate.

Regarding Node 1: I put up a Darkcoin Talk thread where I was fishing for community answers and I PMed Evan 2 days ago but he still hasn't responded back to me about why the network daemon hasn't released back our coins from Node #1 from this transaction:

Date: 6/6/2014 18:08
To: Otoh/DZ MN XcFvsJ5JWnNNWaECCkUgLC5vBFJeXT3EDC
Debit: -1000.00 DRK
Net amount: -1000.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 0fb1c39fb2a49faed971eae5d743444649344b465c0fd8e421ce544189b65ac4

Which was sent following RC2 instructions and the coins still haven't come back although I disabled the masternode and darkcoind was turned off. The address above was generated from a getaccountaddress 0 command and I copy/pasted the info into a notepad for future reference. I did the same for the privkey. I'm in the process of recreating Node 1 from scratch (nearly finished) and hoping that I can manually activate the wallet from the node or my local PC.

The thing is: you're supposed to regenerate an accountaddress0 and associated privkey if you're having problems getting payouts started. But what are you supposed to do if it hasn't released the coins back to you in the first place because it was set up during RC2 before the cold wallet storage method was made public?

Hey DZ, the MN does not use the or take hold of the 1000 Drks. It just checks that the 1000 Drks are at the address. If you have the wallet.dat, just load it into another wallet like a windows wallet ver 0.9.11.5. And you will be able to shift the Drks. Hope that helps you out.

Hey ozzie,

Thanks, I saw your PM on Reddit, just was too busy to get back to you and a lot of others waiting for full node setups.

The method I was using was the hot wallet method of uploading the wallet.dat to reside on the server. Some people do this just so they don't have to mess around with multiple local wallet.dat files and hacks around this limit. The associated privkey has been funded for weeks via the zeroth address. I'll give it a shot on another PC, but I'm losing hope that we'll get our hot wallet DRK back.

Good point about using the older client w/ the old wallet.dat...it was sent via that client and it's worth a shot at this point.

Regarding Node 1: I put up a Darkcoin Talk thread where I was fishing for community answers and I PMed Evan 2 days ago but he still hasn't responded back to me about why the network daemon hasn't released back our coins from Node #1 from this transaction:

Transaction ID: 0fb1c39fb2a49faed971eae5d743444649344b465c0fd8e421ce544189b65ac4

Which was sent following RC2 instructions and the coins still haven't come back although I disabled the masternode and darkcoind was turned off. The address above was generated from a getaccountaddress 0 command and I copy/pasted the info into a notepad for future reference. I did the same for the privkey. I'm in the process of recreating Node 1 from scratch (nearly finished) and hoping that I can manually activate the wallet from the node or my local PC.

The thing is: you're supposed to regenerate an accountaddress0 and associated privkey if you're having problems getting payouts started. But what are you supposed to do if it hasn't released the coins back to you in the first place because it was set up during RC2 before the cold wallet storage method was made public?

Hey DZ, the MN does not use the or take hold of the 1000 Drks. It just checks that the 1000 Drks are at the address. If you have the wallet.dat, just load it into another wallet like a windows wallet ver 0.9.11.5. And you will be able to shift the Drks. Hope that helps you out.
When will payouts be received?

Payouts are within 24 hours of the middle and last day of the month. So this first set of payouts will go out on July 1st. The next payout would be on July 16th. As agreed upon: $12 monthly operating fees for nodes will be applied but for this first payment: I prorated it to $2 per node, as they will have been up about 1/6th of the month by the end of the month. 3% management fees will also apply.

If you forgot to send me your DRK wallet address for payouts please don't forget to send me a PM so I know where your payout needs to be delivered. Alternately, if you don't care about keeping this address private, you can just leave your wallet address public here.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
When will payouts be received?
In the meantime...

Community owned Masternodes Mining updates (Period from 5/26 to 5/29):

Node #Two - 2.5 DRK
Node #Three - 1.5 DRK* (* Compensation for running wrong server version)
Node #Four - 2.5 DRK* (* 1.5 DRK Compensation for running wrong server version)

==

Total: 6.5 DRK earned (3 DRK Compensation added)

All nodes have happily been steady after I sorted out the last issue keeping payouts from being activated on Nodes 3 & 4. As for the mining output variation: keep in mind that this is a very short sample size. Over the long run, there should be little variance on mining returns amongst MasterNodes.
Didn't get to work on spreadsheets, while trying to rebuild Node #1 with hot wallet setup:

I promise they will be done this afternoon/early evening. Node 1 has earned 2.5 DRK so far. Since I don't have a Linux GUI available at the moment (tons of CLI though), if onionshare isn't windows ready yet I may have to Dropbox the spreadsheets to you guys from some PC I don't care much about, unless someone has a better solution.

==

As for Node #1, which has caused me tons of headaches with the old hot wallet setup, the RC2 guide used was: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/master-node-setup-guide-for-your-normal-vps-v1-0-work-in-progress.873/

I still had trouble uploading my wallet file to the Node #1 server - which is what caused me to pause this in the first place (Putty/WinSCP failed because the properly created generated PPK files failed to allow authenticated access to the remote Linux server for file transfer between PCs. I finally hit on a workaround to get the file uploads working. I followed the directions for uploading the wallet (encrypted, of course) to the /home/ directory and then proceeded to replace wallet.dat with a renamed wallet containing proof of the 1K payment to the network daemon. This daemon was represented by an external Darkcoin address where this payment was sent:

After uploading the wallet per directions (then renaming it to wallet.dat before copying it to ~/.darkcoin/ directory), I now get the following error:

darkcoin in AppInit()

==

This seems to point to a corrupt wallet.dat file, so I proceeded to try it with two other backup points of the same wallet taken on other days...and the same runtime error.

With this stalled again: I'll be working on spreadsheets then contacting full node owners. Sorry if I haven't gotten to your PM. I have a responsibility to do everything I can and exhaust every possible approach if something was lost or is stuck in limbo on my watch.
Hey there!

I was talking to Raganius (we had the intention to assemble a master node in partnership, as I cannot afford the whole 1k DRK). But we are far from reach the amount of DRK needed, so he gave me the idea to talk to you.

I've visited your thread, and I would like to participate. I've got 250DRK to invest! It would be great.

Please, let me know how can I participate.

I'm very excited with this opportunity!

Thank you!

so man how mny drk you got already? i still got oly 300: decided to comlplete the 300 this weak... sold all jpc i had and boght 45 more drks (but, man, if i had gessed that jpc would skyrockt right afterwards i would have waited and to sold thm yesterday Sad
do you alredy got enough for a msternode? i need a mn! we can do it together. how about that?

Hi, crip,

Unfortunatelly I have only got about 200DRK myself. Far from the required 1000 Sad I was so stupid to not have bought it at the beginning. I have mined about 70 DRK since March, and then bought 150 these two last months...

I will surelly have my masternode, and if it is possible that we can be partners, great. I know that you can count on me. Anyway, there's also another good option, everyone is talking about in reddit, it's DyslexicZombei's venture: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dyslexiczombeis-darkcoin-community-masternode-svcs-closed-nodes-2-4-5-refunds-626715 As you've already got enought DRKs you should talk to him. I cannot afford yet even this opportunity Sad (bored to be poor)...

Sorry to hear about you JPC's... I told you not to play with gambling lol You should have a crystal ball to trade there other altcoins there...

(Oh, thanks again for yor help at the ANI community! Our Android Wallet is planned for next month Cheesy)

Ganbatte!!

Raganius

I'd also love to be notified when another round is opening up

Thank you gentlemen.

Please keep an eye on this thread. It'll change to OPEN when Batch 4 of partial nodes becomes available.

I have promised to clear out the Batch 1 and 2 of Full nodes before Batch 4 of partial nodes open up again. I still plan to offer 100 and 250 DRK stakes when Batch 4 becomes available.
Ah! I may have a possible solution as to why Node #1 never released our coins back. I should have thought of this earlier, but I was still trying to understand how masternodes  are authenticated and how privkeys are handled. I do acknowledge though that experience with RC3's cold wallet method gave me some troubleshooting hints.

1. I tried to set up Node #1 with a hot wallet which is what RC2 had available. It was up and running (not paying yet), but it wasn't up with an associated local hot wallet...with proof of this stake deposit.
2. The reason why Node #1 didn't have a hot wallet is because SCP failed for me and wouldn't let me authenticate thru Putty even though I was using the correct key and method of using PEMs to transfer files to the Amazon instance.
3. Because Node #1 didn't have an associated wallet file, while it had the proper privkey, the remote server had no way to know whether or not I actually funded the associated zeroth address...which is what the wallet.dat file is for.

Possible solution: Switch cloud server provider that has a different file upload method and attempt to upload the wallet.dat file to rebuilt Node #1.

*If* I can upload the wallet.dat with a history of funding Node #1's zeroth address, the remote server *should* register that its a capable masternode when using the associated privkey.

Which means I have to go harden and prep another server template other than Amazon. *If* I can get it properly working, I should then be able to properly disable the node, hopefully get our DRK back, and then prep it as a cold wallet instead.

==

Since this is a good sized chunk of DRK that's a little less than half mine for Node 1, I have a lot of incentive to either get that node working or get our DRK back, so this has to become my priority this evening. If Node 1 still fails to register as a masternode even with an uploaded wallet.dat then perhaps I'll have a valid criticism of the hot wallet method.

Thanks for your hard work, DZ, and your honesty.
If we can help out in anyway, let us know.

Thank you, but all I did is what anyone with a conscience is supposed to do. In online sales and services, all you have is your reputation and track record, so I don't understand how some ASIC mfgs. bite the hand that feed them and expect to be in business for the long haul.

As for help, the community support has been great and exactly what was needed for me to get experience under my belt. One regret: In hindsight, if I knew that cold wallets were around the corner, I would've delayed launching node 1 with its RC2 hotwallet setup. Having gotten 3 RC3 nodes properly working, I feel much more confident with this RC3 coldwallet method which keeps Masternode deposits internal to your local wallet arnd doesn't send coins to some external address in mempool, that may or may not return your 1000DRK.
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: