Pages:
Author

Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds - page 10. (Read 27954 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Stake sent as requested.

Date: 6/23/2014 20:23
To: Refund to ddink7 XnYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY7
Debit: -750.01 DRK
Net amount: -750.01 DRK
Transaction ID: 3c59fae22ff93595be4cbba7de6361ed1ae6d366f1ae62636b1407169d4cee9a

Hope to see you again soon! Smiley

==

Otoh's deposit(s) never arrived but we're still currently at 4 complete Community Nodes with room for 1 more partial node as others have offered to fill your spot(s). I'm currently on wallet v0.10.10.2 FWIW.

I confirmed that the nodes were all working well this evening (sans that whole payout and cold storage thing we're promised in RC3) and did normal updates to our community node servers.

6/29 update: 250 DRK from Otoh found. Was sent to Batch 1 address, which wasn't being checked as B2/3 addresses were funding Nodes 2-4. Whew! Smiley
DZ: Since the fork didn't quite go off as expected, would it be possible to get my stake funds back, without penalty (since nothing actually went live). I would like to combine them with some other funds I have and likely use your service to set up a full node within the coming weeks. Thanks!

Sure, why not. Like I said: "Nothing happened."

I'll send it tonight sometime after dinner. I need to track down your orig. deposit and finally update my wallet client to .2. This work project was a zombei that kept coming back to life and I just couldn't get a headshot nor a break. Can you believe that a Certification (on a dang standalone PC no less) on a server can fail simply because the two giant AV companies have awful Linux AV programs with not enough tech support? It's not like I was using a Linux version that was brand new nor out of support. Both vendors are trying to force the user or admin to install 32 bit AV suites on a 64 bit system and the fit can be awkward or sometimes impossible, at times. Sigh. Sorry for venting but our current security guidelines often put those in R&D between a rock and a hard place as they simply try to do their job.

Anyway, feel free to remind me which one(s) were yours, as I don't have my notes in front of me at the moment.

==

Oh, BTW, as of yesterday Evan *thinks* it'll be ready in "a few days" in the last update if you decide to change your mind:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-relaunch-strategy-and-testing.1482/
Please keep us posted on this, DZ...  I was looking into setting up my own MN but decided against it as I just don't have the time.  I'd be very interested in a service like this.

I had a bit of an emergency at work that required me to work a 3rd weekend in a row (although I took off Saturday). Looks like I'm finally past this work project that caused me to work so much OT this month.

Tonight is my first night to re-dig into troubleshooting and to catch up on PMs. Since we weren't live anyway, and this big project had been troublesome (mostly because I was limited to 2 vendors for security), I had to pause troubleshooting the final step. All I can say is the two "biggest" names in AV - which are required for DoD ops even on a standalone computer (!) - have awful AV suites IMHO. Told one of the two Tier 3 engineers I'm dealing with: "It shouldn't require 10 days and 4 engineers to install a (standalone) AV program."
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
DZ: Since the fork didn't quite go off as expected, would it be possible to get my stake funds back, without penalty (since nothing actually went live). I would like to combine them with some other funds I have and likely use your service to set up a full node within the coming weeks. Thanks!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Please keep us posted on this, DZ...  I was looking into setting up my own MN but decided against it as I just don't have the time.  I'd be very interested in a service like this.
Forgot about my buddy's wedding today. One of those years long common law marriages finally turning into the real thing. Some women have more patience than others.  Grin

Taking a break for the rest of the day. Haven't forgotten about those that contacted me privately. My day job doesn't usually fill up my weekends. I know people have PMed me but with this project consuming the days off I did have, today was essentially my first day off this month and I needed the downtime and extra sleep. I'll be back to pick up on PM discussions either this evening or tomorrow morning if the reception...runs late.  Wink  Smiley

I haven't confirmed Otoh's transaction yet but I'll just confirm here Otoh's second claim of a community node: this one being 25% in Node 5.

That means Node #5 is complete and we successfully raised 5000 DRK on these first batches of community nodes! Nice job everyone! We've proven there's demand for this type of service and that significant amounts of funds can be raised thru a trusted community operator.

I'll be bringing up Node 5 either when I get thru the bug/issue I was seeing on the final command or if the upcoming RC3.1 (?) fixes the issue I was seeing.
I'm out of sync with v0.10.10.1.

I'll revert the client tomorrow morning to check for the deposit. The Post Mortem is they're estimating a 2-3 week delay in Node Payments:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/6-20-rc3-post-mortem.1463/

Evan also has programming reinforcements so that should help as well.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I've updated that wallet to v0.9.10.2-unk-beta now, which is showing about double the confirmations that the old wallet had I think, let me know if it needs to be resent please, many thanks, hopefully it's working now.

Date: 20/06/2014 15:23
To: DZ MN deposits XuFmZmR5x66gbyR4rKMNBj3wPXzdoybFZJ
Debit: -250.00 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.001 DRK
Net amount: -250.001 DRK
Transaction ID: ee4833c9978fa7bf4afeb08cf1b7799e20be65aa95f2752aa6b2479cd6c289db
Also I forgot, I need to update the wallet that I'd sent the 250 DRK from, if that makes any difference to the transfer, it's still on v0.9.4.11-unk-beta, I can update it tomorrow and resend if that was the problem.

Strange. Nothing yet.

I would've thought that it would be fine to send DRK between the two client versions before the planned fork but it's possible that your transaction went out on some orphaned block in an unplanned side fork.

Oh, I may a solution for the RC2 to 3 upgrade to cold storage for our node #1: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7424706

I'll explore this tonight to see if its both applicable and possibly helpful. Turns out that occasionally there's good info in there amidst the trolling and mudslinging.
donator
Also I forgot, I need to update the wallet that I'd sent the 250 DRK from, if that makes any difference to the transfer, it's still on v0.9.4.11-unk-beta, I can update it tomorrow and resend if that was the problem.
TBH: I don't know enough to have an informed opinion since I don't have time to be a testnet operator which would've likely informed me more. I don't know where and how the code is failing and that's out of my area of expertise.

This is more in the realm of program debugging with an assist from network admins/engineers involved behind the scenes.
legendary
Darnit. Just as I suspected there *is* network instability. You get a feel for it when you've been working with networks for so long (and other times it just slaps you in the face).

Evan confirms there's some forking issues: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7421501

Sigh. Sorry gents, I worked hard to get us ready for RC3 but we better wait for the situation to settle down before I start troubleshooting this again.

With network stability being low, Doesn't seem like much point of doing all this work just to possibly end up on the wrong fork and have to redo the config again. Looks like node payments are still disabled anyway until this is solved, so at least we're not losing out on rewards. I'll check the network status when I get home from work and continue troubleshooting that last step if the forking issues are solved by then.

DZ: As a network engineer, what's your read on the forking situation today? Do you think this is something Evan can resolve fairly easily?
Darnit. Just as I suspected there *is* network instability. You get a feel for it when you've been working with networks for so long (and other times it just slaps you in the face).

Evan confirms there's some forking issues: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7421501

Sigh. Sorry gents, I worked hard to get us ready for RC3 but we better wait for the situation to settle down before I start troubleshooting this again.

With network stability being low, Doesn't seem like much point of doing all this work just to possibly end up on the wrong fork and have to redo the config again. Looks like node payments are still disabled anyway until this is solved, so at least we're not losing out on rewards. I'll check the network status when I get home from work and continue troubleshooting that last step if the forking issues are solved by then.
Thanks Otoh. I'll shoot you a PM later. We"re not quite out of the woods yet: I keep running into this console error on my local wallet when I try to startup the MasterNode via cold storage & local wallet: says to set MasterNode=1 in conf file, and it *is* set in both conf files to 1.

I've gone thru the instructions & config with a fine toothed comb and the conf file settings match exactly on both ends. Worked till 1am on it. Slept a few hours and got back to it at 630: looked at config again. config was good but I keep getting the error without documentation around about what to do if you see this error.

I think I'm seeing weirdness from the Darkcoin network itself too. Otoh's deposit still hasn't shown up although its been a while and I upgraded qt last night to the latest ver. Hmm, we're up but we're literally at the final step of implementing node activation from cold wallet and stymied at that very last step! It's a bit frustrating to have had to troubleshoot this final step for hours without seeing anything wrong with the config.

I may have to just re-visit this when I get home this afternoon. I left a comment up explaining what I was seeing on the RC3 setup thread at Darkcoin Talk. There's steps you can do with troublesome nodes which involve moving funds around and regenerating keys but to do it properly I'll need more time and I want to see network stability. If there's forking problems we may have to wait for the network to settle down. Feeling a tad nervous moving several K of DRK around - even self-payments - if the network is acting funky.

Let's hope this fork goes smoother than last time.
donator

Whew! Ok that does it. I have a little more to do to finish up but that's it for the night.
Otoh if you can send 250 DRK for the last node, we'd have a complete 5th node I can launch pretty quickly.

Sent!

Date: 20/06/2014 15:23
To: DZ MN deposits XuFmZmR5x66gbyR4rKMNBj3wPXzdoybFZJ
Debit: -250.00 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.001 DRK
Net amount: -250.001 DRK
Transaction ID: ee4833c9978fa7bf4afeb08cf1b7799e20be65aa95f2752aa6b2479cd6c289db

It's best to email me or PM as I don't have time to check the thread often, I will be traveling in a few days and so may be afk from time to time as well, especially around the 26th, but all new node top up requests will be filled as soon as I get back online.

Also I'm happy to leave a permanent float to cover anyone wishing to withdraw from an existing node, I'd then be taking their position either temporally until new funds come in or permanently, which ever is easiest to administer and keep track of. Nodes once set up would then be guaranteed to stay working even if some of the join investors withdrew funds from them.
Node #4 wallet transaction to cold storage:

Date: 6/20/2014 00:09
Debit: -1000.00 DRK
Credit: 1000.00 DRK
Net amount: 0.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 30762d9e5644cb8f486a7e27c4db4cc7f07ae64e0ad8cfc00b01d800f17bcaeb

sumofallpears@xxx-xx-xx-19:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 100811,
    "protocolversion" : 70015,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 86402,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 2,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 3198.16472526,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1402136780,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : "Hard Fork Alert: Masternode Payments begin on Friday, June 20th. Please update! http://goo.gl/ucp4m7"

Whew! Ok that does it. I have a little more to do to finish up but that's it for the night.
Otoh if you can send 250 DRK for the last node, we'd have a complete 5th node I can launch pretty quickly.
Node #3 Cold storage transaction and current status:

Date: 6/19/2014 23:53
Transaction ID: 26e347b1f6119915e59b561d5145a03ad65f31e55528a72ea0fd46305af47b14

unkofester@ip-xxx-xx-xx-22:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 87547,
    "connections" : 2,
    "difficulty" : 3270.72867714,
    "errors" : "Hard Fork Alert: Masternode Payments begin on Friday, June 20th. Please update! http://goo.gl/ucp4m7"

Node #2 is now up utilizing cold storage and RC3. It's all ready for tomorrow. Smiley

sumguy@XX-XX-XX-21:~/.darkcoin$ ./darkcoind getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 86914,
    "connections" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 3601.02705821,

This was the movement of funds into cold storage for Node #2:
Date: 6/19/2014 21:18
Transaction ID: 12cb0d02f4f3aee8ca1b55f1ce7883e32d20822ff322c9a73eee85337b4f1994

==

Node #1 is also running but with the orig. hot wallet at the moment:

SumbunnythatIusedtoknow@xx-xx-xx-147:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 88632,
    "connections" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 3117.28726659,

Still trying to figure out how to send the coins back from Node #1 to the orig. wallet so I can put stake funds from #1 into cold storage. Interestingly, when you implement this it tells you you're paying a payment to yourself and your balance stays the same.
DZ: I know you have been busy with work, but was just wondering if you had any updates on the ETA for having MNs set up? Thanks a bunch!

If all goes well, they'll go live sometime tonight after I harden the 2nd template (turns out there's two at the moment based on two different Linux OS systems Tongue ). First template's almost finished and I'm working on node prep/hardening this evening without too much distraction (family's at the movies).

I plan on heading to work a little later tomorrow morning but I leave before payments go live at I believe 11am my time. Cross your fingers for us that there's no major stumbling blocks that keeps us from being live with at least 4 community nodes by tomorrow morning.

==

Last update of the night: Template #1 survived a pretty intensive scan of...well, everything, audit and check of logs. I don't want to say it's bulletproof because we all know how that goes but this system as is, would be near DoD CAT I STIG standards if submitted for Accreditation; I deviate because I disagree with certain vendor choices.

Node #1 is good to go except I need to take it down to implement cold storage for RC3 for even better security, and it will be the first to be up with cold storage.

BTW, we ended up at 4.75 Nodes filled.

Ok, back to work.
legendary
DZ: I know you have been busy with work, but was just wondering if you had any updates on the ETA for having MNs set up? Thanks a bunch!
Pages:
Jump to: