Pages:
Author

Topic: Earning your first merit - page 2. (Read 781 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
June 06, 2021, 06:53:19 AM
~

Well I hope he manage to stumble upon this thread, in case he really wants to "exhaust" his sMerits.
[self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source

~
Yep, and it is annoying that sometimes I miss out on awarding it. Cheesy
Good thing that they don't randomly take the "Free" award. It is their way of advertising their coin anyway. Cheesy
I never bought any of those coins. I am not that really that much staying the whole day in the platform.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1742
June 06, 2021, 06:04:27 AM
But nothing is impossible you must  take time to the forum and post it all of your heart  other people will give you merit.
this is motivation and a good point that you should develop here, you should give your best for the community in this forum, you should get more than you ever get.

Your struggle to get more 'merit' and higher rank, still a long way to go, do better in the future, you will be happier to see it.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 527
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
June 06, 2021, 04:11:48 AM
~
I've been both here and Reddit, and most of the time I see merits as like the Award system.
Most of the time I award Silver award at that site. Here in the forum when I choose a post to merit at, I see myself awarding that same award.  I don't just give it away because I like to "exhaust" my sMerit as well. Cheesy

Those free wards are good for our Karma so no point keeping them. Plus, they expire after 24 hours :p
Activity: 898
Merit: 284
June 06, 2021, 03:43:02 AM
That's the scenario i really wanted @Mistafreeze to comprehend, because the word exhausting merit really shows that his merit is really giving out or award without proper qualification.
Like I said before merit is given based on feelings and individual differences, what I see as quality might be a shitpost to you and what you see as quality might be shitpost to me. If I see a post that makes me laugh and brought out some good memories of me I'd merit such post without thinking twice.. You have the right to use Smerits as you want as long as you are not trading it.

to avoid miss management of our Smerit.
How you manage your smerits depends on you nobody cares about it and keeping it is also against the forum rules because it adds nothing to your account so why keep it
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
June 06, 2021, 02:29:15 AM
Keep up with quality and accolades would set in. It's a dividend of good work. Merit goes to who truely deserves them. Congratulations and maintain the pace of quality and high standard post. With quality more merits would set in thereby increasing your passion and making your hunger for cryto knowledge increase as the day goes by. Congratulations once again
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 05, 2021, 09:05:22 PM
send message in forum and earn merit
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
June 05, 2021, 04:36:28 PM
~
I've been both here and Reddit, and most of the time I see merits as like the Award system.
Most of the time I award Silver award at that site. Here in the forum when I choose a post to merit at, I see myself awarding that same award.  I don't just give it away because I like to "exhaust" my sMerit as well. Cheesy
That's the scenario i really wanted @Mistafreeze to comprehend, because the word exhausting merit really shows that his merit is really giving out or award without proper qualification, so i think such impression have to be corrected, so that the younger once that's new to the system will not adopt such a policy thinking it's worthy to emulate, so in summary we have to understand while merit is innate to the community and the methods we have to apply for awarding merit to avoid miss management of our Smerit.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
June 05, 2021, 04:02:56 PM
~
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
June 05, 2021, 03:57:55 PM

Merit has no value nowadays so don't let it defines what you want or how quality you post as it does not count towards
Merit values can never depreciates provided that the community is concern, so the values of Merit system is what determine the elevation of evey members, so portraying the fact that merit is valueless, it will reduce the internal motive or the mentality of the newbies to starting thinking merit is trader by better, and it's been awarded base on charity or mutual relationship between two parties, so it obvious that awarding merit is base on quality and constructive post

quality, sometimes I merit a post just because I want to exhaust my smerits and I found a post funny or interesting. Sometimes it not all about quality but feelings. Anyways congratulations and keep it up.
Bro in normal circumstances and protocols of the community merit is not been giving because you wants to discharge or exhaust your smerit, it's only meant for user whose contribution is meaningful and also add values to the community, so with such concept, it's the major reason people have to research and bring more procedures that will enhance or render help for solution of cryptocurrency in any form.
So the quality of post, merit will be awarded to a such user, and it's not necessary that everyone will award the Merit the same time, because it's differs for individual understanding via the post before awarding of merit.
Activity: 898
Merit: 284
June 05, 2021, 11:08:35 AM
Its too hard  earning merit from the word itself (Merit) meaning the quality of being particularly good, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.
Merit has no value nowadays so don't let it defines what you want or how quality you post as it does not count towards quality, sometimes I merit a post just because I want to exhaust my smerits and I found a post funny or interesting. Sometimes it not all about quality but feelings. Anyways congratulations and keep it up.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
June 05, 2021, 08:58:01 AM
Having my first merit. 

I've been posted yesterday night before I sleep. When I woke up and open bitcoin talk and check my post I'm shock  2 people merited it. This is my first merit  I cannot figure out my emotions when I saw that they give it to me.

Its too hard  earning merit from the word itself (Merit) meaning the quality of being particularly good, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.

But nothing is impossible you must  take time to the forum and post it all of your heart  other people will give you merit.

Thank you for sending me I really appreciate you and I assure that I cannot stop what I've started.

Congratulations on your first merit. You’ve just taken the first step on how to become a valuable and helpful member of this amazing community.

If you really wanted to get merits naturally and organic, you need to do the following:

1. Remove your mentality in posting just for merits.
2. Always treat merit as bonus. Never expect that all of your helpful posts get merited.
3. Create helpful topics and advice for the community.
4. If you’re alert of the latest news being posted and wasn’t shared here yet on Bitcointalk, do share it along with the source link (always give credit to the original source when sharing).
5. Do crypto charity or humanitarian stuff (I believe that a lot of posts showing crypto charity work w/ pictures get merited)
6. Hunt down scams and expose them here for us to become aware (make sure you follow the format when reporting it in the Scam Accusations section).

Most important of all, just put it in your mind that there will be no guarantees that your helpful posts are gonna be merited. Just focus on being a valuable member by following the rules and not gonna spam, etc., and merits are just gonna come by a surprise.
Activity: 952
Merit: 27
June 04, 2021, 10:02:54 AM
Having my first merit. 

I've been posted yesterday night before I sleep. When I woke up and open bitcoin talk and check my post I'm shock  2 people merited it. This is my first merit  I cannot figure out my emotions when I saw that they give it to me.

Thank you for sending me I really appreciate you and I assure that I cannot stop what I've started.

It's a good motivation to have your first merit and continue to get merit, it's not really easy now to get merit I've seen a lot of good post coming from newbies post that doesn't get merit when it deserves to get one, my only little piece of advice is just to do things naturally and merits will come naturally, I seldom check my merit I just make it a point that all my posts are within the topic.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1063
June 04, 2021, 02:10:36 AM
Hi! Newbie here ive read that you can earn merit by doing some activities. Is there any other way to earn merit, and whats the purpose of merit.
Thank you for the one who will answer
since UserU already said what you should do in order to earn merits, I suggest reading this Newbies - Read before posting. that thread will help you get accustomed to the forum and I reccomend visiting the forum rules thread(which you can find on that thread) the forum rules will help you know what to do and not do in the forum.

my personal opinion is that don't get yourself too wrapped up in earning merits, there have been a lot of members that have gotten discouraged since they don't get merit even though they are posting consistently.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 527
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
June 04, 2021, 01:03:57 AM
Hi! Newbie here ive read that you can earn merit by doing some activities. Is there any other way to earn merit, and whats the purpose of merit.

Hey gagika,

You gain Merits from contributing posts that are deemed helpful/ informative by the community itself, like scam busting (exposing scams), interesting facts and figures, giveaways, etc... you get the idea:

List of scams exposed by Rikafip. 130+ and counting!
Updated List of Bitcointalk Hidden Pages/Post

An alternative, albeit harder to come by is to post your contributions on Merit giveaway threads such as this one hosted by nutildah. They help lower-ranked members to earn their recognition:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-bitcointalk-urban-achievers-merit-scholarship-program-5338649

Merits are implemented as a barrier to ranking up or an incentive to contributors rather than shitposters because previously many members rose the ranks solely from Activity (time spent on the forum). This in turn also helps campaign managers to pick choice candidates for signature campaigns (get paid to post).
Activity: 13
June 04, 2021, 12:21:03 AM
Activity: 13
June 02, 2021, 03:09:44 PM
Having my first merit. 

Im trying my hard to learning this. What type of posts will take me to get merit..
Activity: 1
June 02, 2021, 02:56:38 AM
Having my first merit. 

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 4126
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
June 02, 2021, 02:53:49 AM
Newbie here and no merit yet. Pretty crazy and daunting seeing people with hundreds of merits.

Well, better late than never coming to this forum! Crypto is still young, hope to learn and contribute.

Now you got two so don't see the hundreds as an impossible tasks, we all started from somewhere with some little motivation and we earned our way to be among the tops. A quick review on your account and it was looking decent. Thought I'll come across the typical newbie account that's flooded with bounty tasks, but no yours is different although need improvement.

Just keep working on yourself and improve on your engagement with posts that's quite educational to members of the forum and in no time, you'll start getting the recognition (rewards) you deserve for your contribution.

Ps: Feels good to be back where it all began, having more free time so my engagement on this board will increase and hopefully I can find worthy posts to award merit, I'm back.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
June 02, 2021, 01:10:47 AM
Having my first merit. 

Congrats, but don't look into it too much. Merits are just another way of saying 'good post'. Some people might find it useful, some people don't, so it's really a subjective thing. Rather than just posting, try posting useful crypto-related stuff that will be of value to some people. And don't worry if merits don't come, just keep on delivering good content and good things will come.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 635
June 01, 2021, 11:46:18 AM
Congrats, but from where you have earned merit it isn't a difficult thing. you only have to send a signed message from your Bitcoin address. That's not actually hard to do it.

Anyway, If you want to earn 4 more merits by doing another easy task then go to this thread [Merit] Hey Bitcoiners! Can You Send Encrypted Messages?

It will help you to achieve member rank. Good luck
Pages:
Jump to: