Pages:
Author

Topic: eBay DELETED my auction for Avalon Miners because I accept Bitcoin! - page 2. (Read 3550 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
With Ebay adding the new crypto section on their website, I expect them to reinstate the deleted Ebay account. Have you mailed to them recently?
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
But really I am not surprised, Painpal is a criminal org, and part of the Ebay empire, of course they are against bitcoin, bitcoin makes Painpal obsolete, and Painpal only exists because wire transfers are so expensive in the US

I disagree, Paypal has buyer protection and no fees for buyers.
Because dreamer like you is still possible, that scammer can use this crap service. Easy to cancel the alleged "buyer protection". And what you think who pay the fee really, the seller or the buyer?
Activity: 392
But really I am not surprised, Painpal is a criminal org, and part of the Ebay empire, of course they are against bitcoin, bitcoin makes Painpal obsolete, and Painpal only exists because wire transfers are so expensive in the US

I disagree, Paypal has buyer protection and no fees for buyers.
Buying something safely online with bitcoin is a nightmare.
Buying bitcoin with fiat is a nightmare, and a extra step to just buying the desired item with the same fiat.
Mining bitcoin is a nightmare.
Selling products for bitcoin is a nightmare.

Much has to be done for BTC before it will be anything more.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of BTC.
I just happen to live in the real world with the real problems bitcoin has.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
you could put a BTC address in there "payment accepted via 1xxxx..." they can hardly filter that can they? too many addresses possible :-)

die Painpal die  Angry

Or just : "If interested:  1xxxxx"
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
you could put a BTC address in there "payment accepted via 1xxxx..." they can hardly filter that can they? too many addresses possible :-)

die Painpal die  Angry
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
You can't put in any 3rd party payment instructions inside ebay listings that get around paypal, since they offer no buyer protection. True, ebay could if they wanted create a bitcoin escrow system but of course they won't since they'd rather hang on to their monopoly on payments.

What you can do is run ebay ads instead of auctions that link to your 3rd party website and sell your miners there for bitcoins. I wouldn't in a million years accept paypal for a bitcoin miner. A machine that churns out basically money is going to be the #1 scammed item and there's criminal forums that sell drops for ebay by the hundreds. Not only that but there's amateur scammer methods to reverse a paypal transaction such as claiming your kid authorized the transaction while you were out of the room, and didn't even realize anything happened until the Asic showed up to your doorstop. Of course you will "promise" to return the item, but in the meantime they will reverse the transaction and seller is fucked.

You can also drop hints in regular listing about bitcoin related things that you have miners for sale offsite, be creative, write an ebook how to mine for bitcoins and fill it with links to your site to actually get the miners.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
why aren't the buyers protected with bitcoin purchases?

Activity: 364
Dont waste your time on paypal, just find other alternatives, from escrow to COD like I said earlier.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
Just sold a 7 day mining contract on eBay for my first time, just experimenting.

Rented out a piece of my mining equipment, it is currently mining on Eligius for the winner.

Accepted PayPal or Bitcoin, payment was via PayPal.

No problems at all...

Then, day 8 comes around, CHARGEBACK!!!!!
Paypal/ebay will not stand by any bitcoin related transaction.

Well, as far as they are concerned its not a Bitcoin related transaction, its the rental of computer equipment. Buyer seems very happy so I think a charge back is unlikely, I guess I'll have to wait and see. The Payal fees are high, not sure if I'll do it again....
Activity: 364
Why dont you guys Just COD with USPS so you have to worry about chargeback and the over priced paypal fees.
Activity: 392
Just sold a 7 day mining contract on eBay for my first time, just experimenting.

Rented out a piece of my mining equipment, it is currently mining on Eligius for the winner.

No problems at all...

Then, day 8 comes around, CHARGEBACK!!!!!
Paypal/ebay will not stand by any bitcoin related transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

No problems at all...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well, if anybody wants them from here and would rather pay with bitcoins, just win the auction and we can arrange a bitcoin payment in lieu of GayPal. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, so I'm a trustworthy seller, and we can do escrow if you still want added security, but you have to pay the additional escrow fee.

You ought to check out cryptothift.com.  F' ebay.

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Industro, Don't sweat the small stuff, just sell them here  Grin

Well, if anybody wants them from here and would rather pay with bitcoins, just win the auction and we can arrange a bitcoin payment in lieu of GayPal. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, so I'm a trustworthy seller, and we can do escrow if you still want added security, but you have to pay the additional escrow fee.

The auction is only up to $200 on eBay (that's 160 GH/sec for $200 - you will ROI in a month). Somebody's gonna make out pretty well. Cool  All the others on eBay are being offered/sold for a LOT more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-AVALON-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miners-160-GH-s-Mining-Machines-NO-RESERVE-/111315935934

I'm not making any money on these. I paid $5,000 for these Avalons and then lost all their earnings to Gox. I'm just trying to offload them to someone who wants to get into mining. My wife wants them out of the house. Roll Eyes

I see so many auctions on eBay that openly accept bitcoin payments (mostly for miners). I may try use a JPEG or GIF of an image that says "PayPal Accepted Here" to avoid the keyword filters in future auctions. Do you think that would work (unless the auction got manually reported?) I'm just not good a taking "No, you can't use bitcoins here" for an answer! I wouldn't last a day in China. Tongue
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 333
Ants Rock
Industro, Don't sweat the small stuff, just sell them here  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004
I had a similar problem, already complained in the german section. Apparently they
have a filter which checks for "Bitcoin", "BTC" etc. My auction was not terminated,
but I got an error message when trying to start one with one of these buzzwords.
Even "B*T*C" was filtered..
Also they started to filter email-addresses from messages within the ebay messaging
system. This is really getting ridiculous.

Once upon a time, security for ebay auctions was managed via the rating system.
If I pay x$ to someone with 80% positive ratings, no matter which payment method,
I knew that I take a considerable risk. Now ebay took over the job of providing security
for buyers, and what a funny coincidence that this means paypal almost exclusively
and thereby fees for ebay/paypal. I liked the old system better. Plus: I hate paypal from the
deepest of my heart. I will really search for alternatives for ebay..
Activity: 308
ebay + paypal = mafia based organisations.

I have lost over 5K to them over the last 6 months because of cryptos. They make up rules for themselves and just DO NOT CARE about the seller or anything that has to do with btc/cryptos.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
Ebay owns paypal and that says it all.

Conventional payment processors are deeply terrified by the phenomenal popularity and usability of Bitcoin.
Only question is when they will realize that banning members is not going to help because the alternate market is already shaping up well which accepts Bitcoins with a smile..!
Pages:
Jump to: