Pages:
Author

Topic: eBay DELETED my auction for Avalon Miners because I accept Bitcoin! - page 4. (Read 3589 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
EBay, and Apple thinks bitcoin as there rival and uses what ever they can to suppress it. And yours is just a case of the same,.
Mentioning alternative payment methods won't get your listing removed. But you'll have to talk outside the eBay personal messages. They might be watching it.

So do they have people screening every auction? Or is there some automated process that just sniffs out keywords that violate their payment terms?

How do they filter out stuff like this?
no they dont have the man power to screen every auction. Its automated word filter that flashes the red light then they go on to work to screen that auction.
or someone might have reported your aution. That can also happen.
Activity: 812
Just follow the terms of ebay, isn't that hard to understand? If they don't accept, they don't. Easy as that.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
EBay, and Apple thinks bitcoin as there rival and uses what ever they can to suppress it. And yours is just a case of the same,.
Mentioning alternative payment methods won't get your listing removed. But you'll have to talk outside the eBay personal messages. They might be watching it.

So do they have people screening every auction? Or is there some automated process that just sniffs out keywords that violate their payment terms?

How do they filter out stuff like this?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It's true, buyers aren't protected with bitcoin purchases.

They have zero recourse if you scam them, and as far as proving you own an address, that's very difficult if you use an address once.
And as mentioned by priest ... You might also have to use escrow as well to support the purchase, because only then the buyee will be able to have trust. As we all know bitcoin payments are not reversible
Activity: 392
The bigger issue is the lack of buyer protection.

I would never buy on EBay with BTC.
The risk is too high compared to paypal.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
eBay DELETED my auction for Avalon Miners because I accept Bitcoin!

I only mentioned in the auction description that I accept bitcoins and they pulled my auction citing a "violation of payment policies."  They claimed that buyers and sellers "aren't protected" because transactions can't be proven.

I beg to differ! The blockchain is public proof hat a transaction occurred, and the buyer (or seller) can easily prove they own the address. In the event of a dispute, if eBay would just require sellers to post their receive address, a buyer can prove they own the address that sent funds to it.

I think this policy is simply an anticompetitive strong-arm approach to further secure PayPal's dominance in the payment processing industry.

If anyone is curious, the auction in question is here (I had to re-list it):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-AVALON-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miners-160-GH-s-Mining-Machines-NO-RESERVE-/111315935934

I mentioned in the revised auction description to contact me with questions about "alternate payment methods." Do you think they'll pull my auction for that too?
Pages:
Jump to: