Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 19. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 02, 2015, 06:05:25 PM
meh, the fees is so high, but they have a lot of employers and big servers (the maintenance is expensive)... On the other hand, i recommend you try to sell the item in local webs (or in markeplace on this forum) and later, put the item in ebay (if you don't sell before).
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 02, 2015, 12:58:57 PM
horrible!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
December 25, 2014, 09:32:34 AM
Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

I still sell on ebay with two accounts but just ask for cash or btc and only list on zero seller fee days.

Screw paypal.

It can still be profitable to sell because people pay more on ebay and you can sell more volume than elsewhere
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
December 25, 2014, 09:23:03 AM
Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

I still sell on ebay with two accounts but just ask for cash or btc and only list on zero seller fee days.

Screw paypal.
December 25, 2014, 09:19:50 AM
freaking hate ebay and paypal I sold an item for just under 500$ by the time both ebay and paypal took their cut I made $400 ish - how sick is that business. As I'm typing this another 10000 auctions ended and they just raped all those people as well.....

25% is a lot but ebay allows you to sell very high and to find customers
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 24, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
freaking hate ebay and paypal I sold an item for just under 500$ by the time both ebay and paypal took their cut I made $400 ish - how sick is that business. As I'm typing this another 10000 auctions ended and they just raped all those people as well.....
December 21, 2014, 08:06:53 AM
do they need all those fee, they don't even have node to maintain, like bitcoin, unless in bitcoin fee are justified

Unless they face huge competitions, why would they lower the fee when many of their customers are still happily paying it?
And that's why we need good bitcoin auction sites. Smiley

They are a big company so they have big expenses and they need to return capital to the shareholders. They provide a great service but they make you pay for it. Depending on the countries there are good cheaper competitors.
Activity: 603
December 21, 2014, 07:16:54 AM
do they need all those fee, they don't even have node to maintain, like bitcoin, unless in bitcoin fee are justified

Unless they face huge competitions, why would they lower the fee when many of their customers are still happily paying it?
And that's why we need good bitcoin auction sites. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 20, 2014, 10:59:14 AM
December 19, 2014, 07:13:56 AM
Just an update from us. There are now over 800 products for sale on the marketplace.

We've been featured on CoinDesk. You can read it here - http://www.coindesk.com/meet-onewallet-new-auction-site-bitcoiners/

This thread has become an advertisement thread for paypal/ebay's competition.

Which seems to me to be what solitude wanted all along - finding alternatives to PayPal/eBay:

Bumping in hope there's a bitcoin auction website that was as good as Bitmit soon

Correct, it's a free world anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
December 19, 2014, 02:35:31 AM
Just an update from us. There are now over 800 products for sale on the marketplace.

We've been featured on CoinDesk. You can read it here - http://www.coindesk.com/meet-onewallet-new-auction-site-bitcoiners/

Which seems to me to be what solitude wanted all along - finding alternatives to PayPal/eBay:

Bumping in hope there's a bitcoin auction website that was as good as Bitmit soon
December 18, 2014, 05:15:59 PM
Since ~6 months to now, when I was looking for some products on eBay and other marketplaces I was thinking: why I can't pay with something as easy as bitcoin? just click and pay… and without that ridiculous fees!

In that moment, the fees are like the ones posted on the OP?
"Sell an item on ebay for $100 and actually receive $86"

If this is true I don't really understand what people do  Cheesy

You will sell for 80$ somewhere else...
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
December 18, 2014, 04:47:12 PM
Since ~6 months to now, when I was looking for some products on eBay and other marketplaces I was thinking: why I can't pay with something as easy as bitcoin? just click and pay… and without that ridiculous fees!

In that moment, the fees are like the ones posted on the OP?
"Sell an item on ebay for $100 and actually receive $86"

If this is true I don't really understand what people do  Cheesy
December 18, 2014, 04:02:29 AM

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 18, 2014, 03:21:14 AM
Wow. I just spent a significant amount of time reading this thread and I'm learning a lot!

I've been actually researching about the fees of different payment methods and I'm glad I came across this thread.

PayPal indeed does have some ridiculous fees.

This one is also a good read and also a good reference:
http://biz30.timedoctor.com/5-ways-send-money-offshore-workers-cheaper-paypal/

It's about options cheaper than Paypal for sending money to offshore workers.
Activity: 630
December 07, 2014, 07:57:34 AM
Closed my ebay account years ago, believe it or not but the fees never used to be as high as they are today, they just got way too greedy. Final straw was getting a huge chargeback. Cryptothrift is a decent alternative but it doesn't have enough buyer/sellers, hoping services like Open Bazaar will take over centralized marketplaces.
Activity: 698
5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders
December 05, 2014, 12:11:18 AM

November 20, 2014, 12:30:28 AM
Hi solitude, thank you for taking the time to write this up. I really appreciate the feedback.

The name alone suggests it's more of a wallet than a marketplace.

We will actually be offering a fairly robust wallet solution in the near future. We are aiming to have these features done by end of Q1 2015. These features include multi-sig wallets, multi-sig invoicing and some very big plans that are still too early to discuss. I agree that currently the brand is less than ideal, though once we've reached our vision it will all make sense. We are looking to provide a beginner-friendly wallet as well as a place for our users to trade bitcoin for goods and services. Right now we are definitely more a marketplace than anything else. Our currently integrated wallet is basic but does the job.

Note! OneWallet will investigate each buyer protection claim. This investigation may take up to 3 weeks before a resolution. The resolution may elect in favor of the buyer or seller based on our investigation.

I know it's difficult to prove who is lying, the buyer or seller, but I hope you don't turn into another ebay/paypal and just side with the buyer for everything.

Absolutely agree. We have absolutely no plans to mimic how PayPal handles disputes and are being very diligent in approving BusinessVerified merchants.

How about adding a "sort by feedback" option?  I'm personally not going to buy from anyone until I see plenty of positive feedback.

Great idea. Will discuss it with the team.

I only see one major seller and can't even view any feedback left for him.  If you're going to run a bitcoin marketplace, buyers need to be able to post feedback for each transaction, and rate it, so future buyers can see what to expect.

A feedback summary is displayed across all product listings. You can click this feedback for a more in-depth look. For example see this page. Click the 0 next to 'CoinsForTech' in the listing details and you'll see where detailed feedback can be viewed.

Unfortunately no merchants have any feedback yet. It's a chicken and egg problem!

Activity: 674
November 19, 2014, 07:08:13 PM
Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!

The name alone suggests it's more of a wallet than a marketplace.

Note! OneWallet will investigate each buyer protection claim. This investigation may take up to 3 weeks before a resolution. The resolution may elect in favor of the buyer or seller based on our investigation.

I know it's difficult to prove who is lying, the buyer or seller, but I hope you don't turn into another ebay/paypal and just side with the buyer for everything.

I really don't like the name, if I was looking to sell my goods for bitcoin the last website I'd think of selling it on is "onewallet"

Why make people enter their first and last name when signing up?  A lot of people will just put fake info anyway.

How about adding a "sort by feedback" option?  I'm personally not going to buy from anyone until I see plenty of positive feedback.

I only see one major seller and can't even view any feedback left for him.  If you're going to run a bitcoin marketplace, buyers need to be able to post feedback for each transaction, and rate it, so future buyers can see what to expect.

I hope it becomes popular, good luck.
November 18, 2014, 01:12:21 AM
Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!
Pages:
Jump to: