Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 14. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 17, 2016, 09:40:21 AM
Ebay and paypal are both companys who don't want to lose something with bitcoins. So they don't give you
everything so they cant lose everything. Bitcoin is a tricky because he can lose his price so don't blame them blame your
self for selling things for coins.
Activity: 269
May 17, 2016, 05:37:45 AM
That's because they also want to make profit out of it. Because of the unstable price of the bitcoin
they can't give you the full amount of price. That's what they calculated for a possible lose of price.

The fees for those who lives at some countries are out of imagination ,i remember a trade with a brazilian person for some penies around 5 dollars,the user got something like 3,80 dollars on those exchange ,why some countries has soo high fees?I my self made several exchanges with the same ammount i got 4.6 dollars or similiar ammounts,those companies taking too high fees for no reason besides thy provide a great service to the community.

This is why they are doing it they must get some profit out of it. That's why the bitcoin is in this world so everybody can make profit with it. Don't think big company's wont do it.
With bitcoin it is different the fees are way less then with ANY other payment system.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
May 11, 2016, 10:28:54 AM
That's because they also want to make profit out of it. Because of the unstable price of the bitcoin
they can't give you the full amount of price. That's what they calculated for a possible lose of price.

The fees for those who lives at some countries are out of imagination ,i remember a trade with a brazilian person for some penies around 5 dollars,the user got something like 3,80 dollars on those exchange ,why some countries has soo high fees?I my self made several exchanges with the same ammount i got 4.6 dollars or similiar ammounts,those companies taking too high fees for no reason besides thy provide a great service to the community.
Activity: 239
May 11, 2016, 08:05:09 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 05, 2016, 08:47:47 PM
Well sure bitcoin is great against these two companies but would be great to see both colaborating between them,this would be one of the biggest steps around crypto world.
Activity: 518
April 05, 2016, 02:52:38 PM
i never care about paypal or ebay,they are match couple,they have same treatment to bitcoin,they same to avoid bitcoin,its why i dont care them.
i just care about transaction fees,its why i need and use bitcoin.
April 05, 2016, 11:41:47 AM
Well i hope openbazar just get live and put ebay and paypal on their places with their fees,im not against ebay but paypal fees to Brazil are out of being realistic.
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
April 04, 2016, 10:32:57 AM
ebay is shit fee wise but that's where a lot of the traffic is
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 03, 2016, 06:07:26 PM
Actually, there fees are somewhat pretty decent. I don't think 3.5 percent is too much to pay, which the the percentage I had to pay when I was actually an eBay seller. It's fun and easy. A lot of the time you get buyers in just a day.
April 03, 2016, 04:47:32 PM
Do you think the paypal fees sucks?Come to Brazil and you will know why they really suck and we dont like it ,they charge too much here,and i dont know why money is the same to all people,we can deposit our currencie and exchange to usd or eur and the fee will keep high as hell,i remember someone asking to exchange the paypal to another payment processor and begging ,he were from Brazil and he told me he would loose around 30% the ammount he had because the fees.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
April 03, 2016, 02:57:06 PM
that's why i hate paypal and ebay,people who know about bitcoin and money should leave paypal now,or they will keep upset with payment fees.
every transaction made must be have fees,and its suck for me,so far paypal and banks have biggest fees.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
April 01, 2016, 10:51:01 PM
ebay and paypal fees are very annoying, and dont forget that you have to pay ebay 10% of your sales monthly
and you need to pay 2.9% + $0.30 (in US) to PayPal... Embarrassed
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 31, 2016, 10:28:11 PM
ebay and paypal fees are very annoying, and dont forget that you have to pay ebay 10% of your sales monthly
Activity: 238
March 28, 2016, 09:06:36 AM
This kind of reminded me of an article by Rick Falkvinge from a few months back: http://falkvinge.net/2014/01/25/the-toy-hungry-multimillionaire-market-thats-completely-underserved/Grin

Anyway, wouldn't it be better to move this thread to another section? Perhaps "Project Development"?

No this is just right - economy. It's high time bitcoins came to the limelight and the fastest way to achieve this is to have online stores just like ebay where people can buy whatever.
Activity: 644
March 28, 2016, 03:38:07 AM
It is wise to sell on eBay only if the item can be sold at 100% markup else only ebay and PayPal will be making all the money . The newbies on ebay try to compete with other sellers / amazon etc and end up screwing them selves when they see the big bill of ebay fees .
So always do your maths properly before u decide to sell on Ebay

I have half-considered setting up a site for exactly this sort of thing. Competition to ebay with much cheaper fees and allowing sellers to actually 'choose' their payment methods. Accepting google wallet, paypal, btc, ltc, and any other crypto current available.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2016, 03:00:32 AM
It is wise to sell on eBay only if the item can be sold at 100% markup else only ebay and PayPal will be making all the money . The newbies on ebay try to compete with other sellers / amazon etc and end up screwing them selves when they see the big bill of ebay fees .
So always do your maths properly before u decide to sell on Ebay
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
March 27, 2016, 08:22:25 AM
Ebay does charge way too much. What a rip off.

Will the decentralized OpenBarzza charge less fee?
Activity: 182
March 27, 2016, 06:00:11 AM
Isn't there any cheaper way to make money transfer? For sending 1000$ we pay more than 60$  and also receiver bank deducts fee
Activity: 1806
Merit: 515
March 26, 2016, 06:08:43 AM
That's ridiculous :O and if you run a company you have to even pay taxes to the government sick.
Activity: 688
Merit: 565
March 26, 2016, 03:10:27 AM
Worst ! Time for someone to make a bitcoin one !
Pages:
Jump to: