Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 18. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 18, 2015, 02:44:02 PM
E-bay controls the market and they know it. The same with Paypal.
This just goes to show you that there is a lot of room for other marketing and pay systems to complete against them.

Yes, it's horrible to see the Monopoly position they declare abused by them so hard that it hurts!
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
February 18, 2015, 02:34:48 PM
bump
Activity: 267
Merit: 252
Squirtle squirt.
February 05, 2015, 01:15:15 AM
Quote from: solitude
Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

?

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

cryptothrift.com

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
February 03, 2015, 04:43:36 PM
E-bay controls the market and they know it. The same with Paypal.
This just goes to show you that there is a lot of room for other marketing and pay systems to complete against them.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
January 29, 2015, 02:29:39 PM
Never knew the price was so high , and still there's almost everything on ebay  Undecided
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
BTG CEO
January 26, 2015, 08:45:17 AM
I have sold many things on ebay and the seller fees are ridiculous,  however selling btc via a 30 day listing saves me money, as there are no listing/ending fees.

Even if paypal create their own cryptocurrency/token I would not use it.

Ebay has very high fees but you sell higher than you generally would.

Then you're sacrificing the buyer for ebay and paypal (f*&k that)!! No you take it on the chin and sell at a good price for the buyer..

Its extortion in my opinion but a decentralized market with no fee's is on its way very soon, Bitbay market will give what is needed this i am sure of.
January 26, 2015, 07:45:54 AM
I have sold many things on ebay and the seller fees are ridiculous,  however selling btc via a 30 day listing saves me money, as there are no listing/ending fees.

Ebay has very high fees but you sell higher than you generally would.
Activity: 183
January 26, 2015, 06:23:08 AM

Activity: 36
January 19, 2015, 06:52:59 AM
Wow. I just spent a significant amount of time reading this thread and I'm learning a lot!

I've been actually researching about the fees of different payment methods and I'm glad I came across this thread.

PayPal indeed does have some ridiculous fees.

This one is also a good read and also a good reference:
http://biz30.timedoctor.com/5-ways-send-money-offshore-workers-cheaper-paypal/

It's about options cheaper than Paypal for sending money to offshore workers.

thanks for the link!
Activity: 308
I'm nothing without GOD
January 17, 2015, 03:29:37 PM
I quit those a long time ago
Activity: 126
January 17, 2015, 01:35:50 PM
eBay and especially PayPal are notorious for their insane fees. It gets to the point where only wealthy people trading large volume, high dollar amounts can profit. Startups can't afford those fees.

Hey - sounds like mining.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
January 16, 2015, 05:13:50 AM
Use Alibaba Smiley

Better to use aliexpress and its more of a marketplace. MOQ is less and it has escrow whereas Alibaba is more for wholesale and dealing with manufactures direct.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 16, 2015, 05:12:33 AM
Use Alibaba Smiley
Activity: 2
January 15, 2015, 08:21:14 AM
Yes, this is true! I guess making your own website is the best you can do! Also you may like eBuyersReviewed.com. Great site for sellers!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054
SpacePirate.io
January 10, 2015, 04:53:19 PM
Ebay is borderline worthless.......
I just had to relist an item on Ebay for the second time in 2 weeks.
The issue is at the last minute before the auction ends, some moron shill fake acct comes in and out bids my legit buyers highest bids.

Im selling some high end electronics and only want US or Canada based buyers.
Its clearly stated in bold and extra large type in all my auctions, that i only ship to US & Canada, but these people either:
A)cant read english
B)choose to ignore what they read
C)are just complete A-holes and want to waste legit sellers time

Its not the same person doing the sniping, i have had to block several Buyer IDs in the last 6 months
The most irritating part about this is, if the second highest bidder doesnt accept your second chance offer, you have to relist the item and wait another 5 days.

Ebay could care less about anything other than the final value fees they charge sellers and protecting buyers 99% of the time.
Even though i have contacted them about this, they have zero response.

The common thing i have seen regarding these "shill" accts is that they all have less than 10 feedback and are usually very new.
As a former power seller years ago, im wondering why i ever came back to one of the worst companies in the history of the web.... Undecided

I couldn't agree more... plus the fees you pay eBay can be more like ransom than anything else.  If you take the 10% you give eBay and 3% from paypal, you're losing 13% just in fees. I think OpenBazaar has some promise though, it's too bad that it's not accelerating quickly.
Activity: 183
January 10, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
The issue is at the last minute before the auction ends, some moron shill fake acct comes in and out bids my legit buyers highest bids.

Its clearly stated in bold and extra large type in all my auctions, that i only ship to US & Canada, but these people either:
A)cant read english

Its not the same person doing the sniping, i have had to block several Buyer IDs in the last 6 months
The most irritating part about this is, if the second highest bidder doesnt accept your second chance offer, you have to relist the item and wait another 5 days.

Ebay could care less about anything other than the final value fees they charge sellers and protecting buyers 99% of the time.

The common thing i have seen regarding these "shill" accts is that they all have less than 10 feedback and are usually very new.
As a former power seller years ago, im wondering why i ever came back to one of the worst companies in the history of the web.... Undecided

It might be a good think, to list the item for lesser number of days . Almost all people interested would get it up to that price.

this is true, not many ppl on ebay know about bitcoin, i sell with two accounts and the take up of any cryptocurrency has been very slow.
Activity: 168
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
January 04, 2015, 09:00:43 AM

A)cant read english

It might be a good think, to list the item for lesser number of days . Almost all people interested would get it up to that price.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 03, 2015, 10:31:32 PM

A)cant read english

January 03, 2015, 05:06:00 PM
Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!

Are you able to add a section where people can request items or post a wanted ad? I think it would be a good idea as people might not have an item on hand but they could get it and send it to the buyer. So the seller would confirm the sale and the buyer would have to fund an address before the item is sent. It would be hard to determine scams here though because the buyer wouldn't be able to choose who they're buying from. If you feel like adding this it would be a good idea to have options where the buyer can limit the requirements of the seller (10+ Feedback, No negative, No unpaid items, etc.).

Everything is already on Ebay or will end up on Ebay Tongue

meh, the fees is so high, but they have a lot of employers and big servers (the maintenance is expensive)... On the other hand, i recommend you try to sell the item in local webs (or in markeplace on this forum) and later, put the item in ebay (if you don't sell before).

They have high financial and marketing costs as well.
legendary
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2015, 06:16:52 PM
Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!

Are you able to add a section where people can request items or post a wanted ad? I think it would be a good idea as people might not have an item on hand but they could get it and send it to the buyer. So the seller would confirm the sale and the buyer would have to fund an address before the item is sent. It would be hard to determine scams here though because the buyer wouldn't be able to choose who they're buying from. If you feel like adding this it would be a good idea to have options where the buyer can limit the requirements of the seller (10+ Feedback, No negative, No unpaid items, etc.).
Pages:
Jump to: