Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 17. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 27, 2015, 04:48:19 AM
Paypal is really sucky. I just made a transaction of around 350 dollars, and paid around 15-20$ in fees. SAD

Just sucky? this are greedy bastards, sinds the started paypal the nightmare was born!

omg 15-20$ fees, thats damn big.

better buying local items lol
Activity: 534
Merit: 500
March 26, 2015, 06:15:24 PM
The bitcoin community is seriously in need of more crypto-related auction sites.
Ebay is so huge that they don't care if they trample on the seller's bottom line!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 17, 2015, 10:17:17 PM
looking forward to open bazaar!

What are the options for selling after ebay and amazon? i'd be willing to try out bitcoin sites but concerned on the volume.

Bitcoin sites there are none on the scale of ebay or even 20% of ebay. There used to be a great site to sell but it closed and cryptothrift used to be decent as a backup until they were hacked then a lot of people just left now its more or less dead. I hate ebay with all the fees but on some items people pay a lot more than they should so the fees dont hurt as bad.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2015, 03:47:31 PM
looking forward to open bazaar!

What are the options for selling after ebay and amazon? i'd be willing to try out bitcoin sites but concerned on the volume.
Activity: 504
March 16, 2015, 03:44:22 PM
Agreed paypal fees are horrible.. something must b done!

The thing that bugs me is that the ebay fees are calculated on the whole sale amount, even though you have no choice but to get the money through paypal.  The 10% ebay fee should be calculated on the amount you actually get in your paypal account, after paypal fees.  I feel like they double dip there, on top of their already outrageous fees.

They unfortunately don't consider the PayPal fee and charge their sole 10% on all products with the result of which people over price their product and rarely get any sellers. I also tried to auction my product but closed it when I realized I am losing PP fee of 4.5% + $0.35 and their 10%. It isn't worth my time.

Yeah, eBay is now the absolute last place I turn to if I need to sell anything.  I can sell for less, but pocket more money by going through btc or locally.  I think they are hurting themselves cause a lot of people are stopping selling mainly b/c of the fees.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
March 13, 2015, 12:38:59 PM

The thing that bugs me is that the ebay fees are calculated on the whole sale amount, even though you have no choice but to get the money through paypal.  The 10% ebay fee should be calculated on the amount you actually get in your paypal account, after paypal fees.  I feel like they double dip there, on top of their already outrageous fees.

They unfortunately don't consider the PayPal fee and charge their sole 10% on all products with the result of which people over price their product and rarely get any sellers. I also tried to auction my product but closed it when I realized I am losing PP fee of 4.5% + $0.35 and their 10%. It isn't worth my time.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
March 13, 2015, 10:57:19 AM
I think they charge so much due to the kind of service and funf security they offer also lack of competition.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
March 08, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
Hey everyone - so much frustration with Ebay in this thread. Hopefully we can provide a better experience Smiley

We've just announced a beta release of our new Marketplace section.

https://coinster.info/marketplace

Features:

• post picture ads fast and free
  • buy/sell globally
  • buy/sell most anything
  • escrow available
  • 2% fee for sellers
  • 1% optional escrow fee for buyers
  • wanted ads section
  • no other fees to buy or sell, ever

you people who are trying to compete with ebay have done alot of mistakes none, I will not say since its my great idea.  Probably do it for fun.
Activity: 448
March 04, 2015, 06:44:57 PM

That is is EXACTLY what they do and why people have been pissed for years. Since Ebay and Paypal were the same company, there was no justification for this type of practice other than sheer greed.

Now that Paypal and Ebay are no longer the same company, there definitely wont be any easing of fees in the near future.

I avoid giving FeeBay my business like i avoid shopping at Walmart....unfortunately, sometimes you have to sleep with the devil.
Activity: 504
March 04, 2015, 10:35:42 AM

Activity: 631
Merit: 260
March 04, 2015, 07:17:42 AM
Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

Activity: 252
February 28, 2015, 12:24:25 PM
Paypal is really sucky. I just made a transaction of around 350 dollars, and paid around 15-20$ in fees. SAD

Just sucky? this are greedy bastards, sinds the started paypal the nightmare was born!
Activity: 574
February 28, 2015, 08:18:25 AM
Has anyone tried Nxt Marketplace for ebooks, mp3s, games or Freemarket for Pysical goods like ebay?

http://www.nxtmarketplace.org/
http://nxtfreemarket.com/
Activity: 368
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site
February 27, 2015, 07:36:24 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop by again and invite you to join our affiliate programs.
You can earn Bitcoin when new users sign up through your affiliate URL and as well as when they buy or sell on the site.

I thought this is the right place/users to invite as a lot of you have already mentioned us here as an alternative to ebay and it's a good way to say thank you and give something back!

CryptoThrift Affiliate Programs
Activity: 270
February 21, 2015, 09:11:33 AM
When will one of these geniuses make a bitcoin eBay as they can make boys etc but now a Bitcoin eBay :-/

If you want you can use brawker or purse.io for purchase a produt on ebay or amazon.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
February 20, 2015, 07:11:04 PM
When will one of these geniuses make a bitcoin eBay as they can make boys etc but now a Bitcoin eBay :-/
Activity: 222
Merit: 101
February 19, 2015, 04:25:00 PM
Hey everyone - so much frustration with Ebay in this thread. Hopefully we can provide a better experience Smiley

Features:

• buy/sell globally
  • buy/sell most anything
  • escrow available
  • 2% fee for sellers
  • wanted ads section

Real questions:
What protection is in place for both Buyers and Sellers?
Are you registered with the Better Business Bureau?
Licensed etc?

Anyone making a competing company to Ebay gets my attention and default support...just want to make sure we dont jump from the frying pan into the fire though..

Maybe you should make an original thread too (if you dont already have one)

Thanks for your support!

As to your questions, we believe strongly in a free market approach. Loosely speaking this means we allow good leeway for content and activity. Our aim isn't to be a Google version of Bitcoin, where we censor search results and store user/seller information to hand over and comply with government regulations. People looking for that should stick with Ebay/Paypal. We'd rather serve a global marketplace where users may interact directly.

That said, we believe in doing all we can to provide a safe and enjoyable user experience. We've been in the community since January 2013 (original thread here). It is not necessary to process funds through Coinster. We provide a basic wallet and escrow service as a convenience. Our main offering is providing listings and a platform for users to connect. It's fine, for example, to post Sale ads and use Bitrated.com to manage escrow (we actually have a similar multi-signature, independent escrow agent market in the concept stage).

An announcement was posted earlier, but moved to Service Announcements Smiley
Activity: 448
February 19, 2015, 02:13:01 PM

Features:

• buy/sell globally
  • buy/sell most anything
  • escrow available
  • 2% fee for sellers
  • wanted ads section

Real questions:
What protection is in place for both Buyers and Sellers?
Are you registered with the Better Business Bureau?
Licensed etc?

Anyone making a competing company to Ebay gets my attention and default support...just want to make sure we dont jump from the frying pan into the fire though..

Maybe you should make an original thread too (if you dont already have one)
Activity: 222
Merit: 101
February 19, 2015, 01:00:11 PM

Features:

• buy/sell globally
  • buy/sell most anything
  • escrow available
  • 2% fee for sellers
  • wanted ads section
Activity: 644
February 18, 2015, 08:24:40 PM
Ebay is a bastard, but if you live in an expensive country where there is little choice for the consumer, it is a great resource. I could buy something on Ebay for half the price compared to where I live. Plus, it will be a nicer, cooler version. I just have to buy within the EU, or the Nazis at customs will charge me 3 times the value of the purchase if I am stupid enough to pay it.

Just don't sell crypto there.

amazon and Abebooks are also great for me.

Lesson: Scandinavia sucks.
Pages:
Jump to: