Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Devastation - page 27. (Read 504746 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2016, 05:22:11 PM
I'd suggest you provide scientific evidence that (for instance) QM or ST are BS. Most of the theories described above are falsifiable.

I'm waiting... Smiley

Yes the formulas might work out, but they dont represent reality, and have absolutely no demonstratable evidence that they are true.

String theory is the Keynesianism of physics, on paper it works out, but in reality it's horrible Cheesy

Ah yes. Reality. The key word to our perception of the world around us. With all due respect I'd indulge you to read Plato's Cave. I'm mostly sure you will understand that you can't simply aphorize a scientific theory by just appointing it to a false reality (or leftism ideas, for that matter). It's a nice read, even if we continue to disagree, Plato always offers a nice advice.

Goodnight from Greece.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
April 11, 2016, 05:07:19 PM
I'd suggest you provide scientific evidence that (for instance) QM or ST are BS. Most of the theories described above are falsifiable.

I'm waiting... Smiley

Yes the formulas might work out, but they dont represent reality, and have absolutely no demonstratable evidence that they are true.

String theory is the Keynesianism of physics, on paper it works out, but in reality it's horrible Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2016, 04:25:04 PM
Parallel universes, Holographic Universe, String theory , Quantum theory (to some degree), M-theory, Time-travel,etc....  are all Pseudo-science.

The best thing about a scientific theory is that it follows a specific path. First, it's being announced, peer reviewed and then consistently tested by experiment. I'd suggest you provide scientific evidence that (for instance) QM or ST are BS. Most of the theories described above are falsifiable.

I'm waiting... Smiley
April 11, 2016, 04:11:52 PM

Consider that there is parallel universe theory that suggests that the space within and between the atoms is filled with possibly an infinite number of universes...

Those are only the fantasies of scientists. Nowadays science is more fantasy than actual evidence and logic.

Scientists have been corrupted by the leftist mindset of relying on feelings and emotions  instead of facts and evidence...

Parallel universes, Holographic Universe, String theory , Quantum theory (to some degree), M-theory, Time-travel,etc....  are all Pseudo-science.

And there is nothing, absolutely nothing backing up them , yet everybody is researching it and takes true them for granted.

It's really despicable how much this leftist culture has corrupted humanity.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 11, 2016, 02:55:08 PM

This model cannot currently be proven true but neither can you disprove it or reject it as illogical for it for it is logically sound.
Indeed one can even argue that this model better explains our universe for this model allows you to reconcile gravity and quantum mechanics a task which traditional models have been unable to accomplish.

If it's true, then forces like gravity and physics entire can just be thrown in a trash can.

Because they only explain the interaction of the projected things on the canvas, but they can never explain the canvas itself.

Actually, we are so extremely limited in our abilities that we can't tell about the "canvas."

Consider that there is parallel universe theory that suggests that the space within and between the atoms is filled with possibly an infinite number of universes that are distinct from each other, being separated by their own "dimensional phase" whatever that means. And we are barely getting into describing only a few of the dimensions necessary to get a picture of the "canvas."

When the devil, Satan, who has knowledge of the dimensions way beyond that which we have, thought he could destroy the mega-universe through his disruption of the dimensional laws, found that he couldn't do it, he was amazed. God holds the "canvas" by His own mighty strength, even though the laws and physics of the universe might become corrupted and inactive. Because of this, the physics laws don't do the holding of the universe in place. Rather, it is God Who holds the physics laws in place for His own purposes, even though they are unnecessary.

Cool
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 11, 2016, 08:48:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
April 10, 2016, 08:58:07 AM
Combining the above insights leads us to the idea that the world around us indeed the entire universe is simply the projection of a deeper fundamental reality. A universe with consciousness, as its ultimate teleology...
If it's true, then forces like gravity and physics entire can just be thrown in a trash can.

Because they only explain the interaction of the projected things on the canvas, but they can never explain the canvas itself.

Every time such a claim is made, someone shows a way to route around the limitation.

Qwik2learn above draws our attention to the mathematician Kurt Godel who is famous for his incompleteness theorems.

First incompleteness theorem
Any consistent formal system F within which a certain amount of elementary arithmetic can be carried out is incomplete; i.e., there are statements of the language of F which can neither be proved nor disproved in F.

Second incompleteness theorem
For any consistent system F within which a certain amount of elementary arithmetic can be carried out, the consistency of F cannot be proved in F itself.

A formal system is consistent if there is no statement such that the statement itself and its negation are both derivable in the system.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/goedel-incompleteness/#Int

Godels incompleteness theorem tells us that for any overarching logical system no mater how complete there will exist unprovable assertions which if assumed true will require a priori knowledge (truths which are assumed but cannot be proven from within the system).

With this in mind the logical course of action is to work to minimize our reliance on such assumptions via logic and scientific inquiry while ensuring that our chosen system is not inconsistent for it is an elementary fact of logic that in an inconsistent formal system every statement is derivable, and consequently, such a system is trivially complete (and useless).
legendary
April 10, 2016, 08:04:17 AM
April 10, 2016, 01:53:05 AM

I think I am nearing the limits of what I can contribute to this discussion. My background in quantum mechanics is not currently sufficient to fully understand the proposed orchestrated objective reduction model of consciousness discussed upthread and I have no working experience with iterative function systems and attractor-functions.

Until I have time to read more and better understand these issues I am going to leave your conclusions above unchallenged. Smiley

Also dont get sucked into the quantum quackery too much, there are tons of scammers that use this concept to make money so it's deceiving:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quantum_consciousness

I dont think consciousness is quantum based. And I`m also skeptical about quantum theory itself.
April 06, 2016, 04:15:46 AM
I chose to agree. This would be the single biggest issue that would cause an enslaving of nations.
thats why we need country fiat and bitcoin.

I thought we are already in this situation.

*Ahem the US dollar? last time I checked everyone loves it, despite its covered bad value.

So why would it recourse into another world reserve currency.

The difference will be that the new one-world reserve coming approximately 2020, will not be controlled by any nation, but rather by a world government body.

This will be viewed by the world as more fair. But in reality it will be much less fair, because the world government will act basically the way the Troika does in the EU now, lending to the nations and never letting them default. They will lend in the world currency, but the people will be paid in their nation's shit currency which is debased like hell by the national politics. So then when the national currency loses value, the people are stuck paying back loans in the relatively more expensive world currency.

This is precisely what the Troika did to the PIIGS to destroy them. They will then do this on a global scale to enslave us all.
April 05, 2016, 09:59:58 AM
I like the logo and this is a cause I am comfortable supporting. Please let us know when you launch this. I will make an investment.

Thank you. There will be more details at the crowdfund page within a week or so. FYI, I started a topic to discuss about the true odds of speculating on startups.
legendary
April 04, 2016, 11:41:39 PM
I'm linking to the OP in my upcoming crowdfunding campaign. An excerpt from the rough draft is quoted below:

I like the logo and this is a cause I am comfortable supporting. Please let us know when you launch this. I will make an investment.
April 04, 2016, 09:34:40 PM
I'm linking to the OP in my upcoming crowdfunding campaign. An excerpt from the rough draft is quoted below:

Decentralize Social Distribution with JAMBOX

Many attempts[1] such as Diaspora* have failed to disrupt centralized social networking, because users didn’t have a compelling reason to adopt them; and some features of centralized social networks can’t be implemented in a decentralized paradigm[2]. Successful centralized alternatives to Facebook such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and OdnoklassnikiVkontakte, pursue compelling untapped niches of sufficient scale. The prior decentralization paradigm attempts didn’t pursue a compelling niche which only a decentralized paradigm can fulfill.

I’m Shelby Moore III, a repeat offender of creating “million user” software[3], seeking crowdfunding to apply my significant marketing and programming experience in an untapped aspect of social distribution of music and mobile games that requires a decentralized paradigm. This untapped niche is large enough to scale up a $billions decentralized paradigm that should be potentially capable[4] of disrupting the centralized behemoths that spam us with ads, disrespect our privacy, control our software choices, and don’t maximally empower widespread “indie” (independent) musicians and developers.

We will provide a more efficient and effective platform for indie musicians, mobile game developers, and their fans to synergize, monetize, distribute and foster discovery through social sharing.

My overarching conceptual goal is to enable millions of creative people to work independently, fulfilling the prediction of my autodidact macro-economic theories about the inability to finance, top-down profit, and parasite on the creativity of others[5] in a coming cataclysmic shift[6] from the dying top-down, fixed capital investment economies-of-scale Industrial Age to a decentralized, maximum division-of-labor self-improvement Knowledge Age.

There is currently no free music streaming without advertising that is both integrated with [...]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_and_protocols_for_distributed_social_networking

[2] http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/what-happened-to-the-facebook-killer-it-s-complicated

[3] https://www.linkedin.com/in/shelby-moore-iii-b31488b0
     http://relativisticobserver.blogspot.com/2015/11/rapidly-growing-niche.html?showComment=1458863526651#c5360070863037191067

[4] http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/28/sean-parker-on-why-myspace-lost-to-facebook/

[5] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/economic-devastation-355212

[6] http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2459986,00.asp
     https://www.technologyreview.com/s/519241/report-suggests-nearly-half-of-us-jobs-are-vulnerable-to-computerization/
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
April 04, 2016, 08:16:03 PM
legendary
April 04, 2016, 08:12:22 PM
On Iterative functions. they are either deterministic stable, or chaotic unstable and are immune to randomness in inputs. I could accept that the wiring of the brain creates an Iterative Function system that its attractor-functor is the conciousness. But it's emergence would still be a predetermined by the wiring, not by quantum randomness.
Also take note also that no quantum feedback is possible. Ie the brain cannot receive states in superposition, in effect that means that conciousness cannot get quantum input only classical. Any states in superposition are within the brain itself. So that kinda breaks the iterative reduction process because the reduction has already happened by the sensors (at least for external input). 

I think I am nearing the limits of what I can contribute to this discussion. My background in quantum mechanics is not currently sufficient to fully understand the proposed orchestrated objective reduction model of consciousness discussed upthread and I have no working experience with iterative function systems and attractor-functions.

Until I have time to read more and better understand these issues I am going to leave your conclusions above unchallenged. Smiley
legendary
April 04, 2016, 07:51:46 PM

Instead of spontaneous generation ex nihilo, I postulate REVERSAL OF POTENTIAL AND CYCLES:

POSTULATE NO. 1: All bodies are continuous. They never cease. They merely reverse their potential TWICE in every CYCLE of their eternal journey within and beyond the range of your sensing by compressing into visibility and then expanding into their invisible seed-recordings.

POSTULATE NO. 2: All bodies are expressed in cycles. A cycle is a continuous two-way spiral journey from the expanded condition of a body to its opposite compressed condition and back again to its expanded condition. A most familiar example of a cycle is DAY and NIGHT. Each is the opposite half of the other, such as one's breathing.

So why not choose cycles as the explanation, especially since it is far simpler than creation ex nihilo? Even if you were to conclude (somehow) that something (awareness) arose from nothing, how would you know for sure that this is the case?

Here is a neat little physics experiment that POSTULATE NO. 1 brought to mind

Where does light go when it is 'destroyed' by destructive interference?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRi4dv9KgCg
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
April 04, 2016, 11:33:20 AM
Data is a Toxic asset, lets keep that in mind in a Bid Data world

On circular references lets not forget that numbers have the same problem, that doesn't them nonexistent,or not usefull, same with conciousness we may expand our understanding up to a point.

On Iterative functions. they are either deterministic stable, or chaotic unstable and are immune to randomness in inputs. I could accept that the wiring of the brain creates an Iterative Function system that its attractor-functor is the conciousness. But it's emergence would still be a predetermined by the wiring, not by quantum randomness.
Also take note also that no quantum feedback is possible. Ie the brain cannot receive states in superposition, in effect that means that conciousness cannot get quantum input only classical. Any states in superposition are within the brain itself. So that kinda breaks the iterative reduction process because the reduction has already happened by the sensors (at least for external input). 
legendary
April 04, 2016, 04:17:51 AM
http://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Huge-leak-reveals-deep-corruption-linked-to-offshore-accounts-450146#article=6017OTE0NTUwM0RERkE2RjVGREZBRUQ2RUI3NUZEODVEMDc=

I agree wealth will increasingly seek to hide by moving into tax havens in other countries. It will also be increasingly hunted. Pressure applied in the name of shutting down tax havens will be one more tool to drive political consolidation and weaken the nation state. Those running from the tax man will increasingly be identified, caught and punished. Options for legal evasion like you mentioned above will be shut down or restricted to a even narrower elite.

Tax havens that survive will likely be rare and limited to select jurisdictions where citizenship is hard to obtain. These areas are likely to be funded by income taxes (there will likely be no escape for wage earners anywhere)
In these havens citizens will likely be exempt from inheritance, capital gains, and wealth taxes. This will allow the billionaire class to safely run their interests from afar.
legendary
April 03, 2016, 02:20:26 AM
Also the big paradox about consciousness is that you have to use consciousness to explain it, and that is circular logic.

What's your opinion on that?

That it will be very difficult for us to ever fully understand consciousness.

I posted a link to an interesting video series earlier
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBt_yfGKpU

Part one is just hard science of QM and theoretical physics and is quite good. Part 2-3 gets much more into opinion and philosophy. The world view presented there matches up fairly well to your current model RealBitcoin.
April 03, 2016, 12:32:40 AM

I do not believe this is a mutually exclusive choice and would argue it is a false dichotomy. As I stated above consciousness may not so much arise from matter as propagate through it.

Think of an ordered series of ripples traveling across a body of water. If we disrupt the medium those ripples are traveling through by removing the water or walling it off the ripples will cease. This outcome does not require us to assume these ripples spontaneously 'arise' from the water. Instead it simply means that the ripples require the water to propagate.

Our consciousness requires a far more ordered medium then a body of water to propagate. If we destroy the brain consciousness ceases. Destroying the medium disrupts the ripples.

To determine if consciousness is deterministic requires us to examine the mechanism the ripples use to propagate. Orchestrated objective reduction’ (‘Orch OR’) proposes that consciousness consists of a sequence of discrete events, each being a moment of ‘objective reduction’ (OR) of a quantum state.

Orch OR is based in objective collapse theory which is one of the five main theoretical offshoots of quantum mechanics. The others are pilot-wave theories, the Copenhagen interpretation, many-world interpretations and modal interpretations. Objective collapse theory is indeterministic thus if Orch OR theory is correct consciousness is likely also indeterministic with regards to traditional causality.

All attempts to understand consciousness must by necessity use consciousness to try and explain consciousness.

Interesting worldview, but that is not how I view the world.

I believe matter doesn't exist, that is why I`m not a materialist.

I`m the first capitalist that is not materialist it's very weird.

I view the assets, the substances that exist, wether the so called "physical" stuff or mental stuff as ethereal things.

I certainly don't view them as solid, because to some degree QM might be correct, but I also dont believe it really explains anything substantial, it just scratches the surface of the world.

I`m constantly aware of entropy and how the world changes around us, so it's really foolish to believe in solid objects, but many people do that because of their ego.

The funny thing is that we have absolutely no evidence that there is a universe, it can all just be an ethereal projection or a complex illusion.

Also the big paradox about consciousness is that you have to use consciousness to explain it, and that is circular logic.

What's your opinion on that?

Pages:
Jump to: