Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 39. (Read 345738 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
November 21, 2015, 04:45:07 PM
Note that Europe (and the rest of the world) embraced humanism

Unless at least some EU countries can make Iceland-style revolution happen in 2 months, including driving the occupation force away, I will have to agree with you that the people here are clueless, and they have learned nothing from the tragedy of 9/11 and the loss of the liberties in the U.S.

Please re-read my long post again. And listen to the linked YouTube. Russia is not benevolent. The people-at-large are embracing humanism (even the Puritans did, it is a repeating aspect of human nature). Period.

Rather than embracing humanism by trying to determine which of men are good and which are evil, which is just evil humanism...

Work for the only certain truth. The only certain truth is that we are not in control. Embrace serendipity. Learn to be not vested in a perspective. Take what nature gives and synergize with it to benefit the most people. This is life. We are not in control. All those "normal people" (who think they are rational because of their misapplication of the notion of science and Occam's razor) who wish terrorism is real so they don't have to admit that the people (as in ourselves) have created (vested in) a clusterfuck of promises to themselves (ourselves) are just in denial and will perish for it.

Smiley

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vaMLs1T7XE
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
November 21, 2015, 02:21:04 PM
Culture is stronger than many things. Have a look at Russia: the Emperor was murdered by the jews, who subsequently killed all the rest of the intelligentsia (people who know how to and why to read), and had 1-2 other wholesale murder rounds with more murder and terror than any other country including the U.S. and Red China, trying to uproot the Russian culture, and then the humiliation of the 1990s with a drunk western puppet in power, now after as little as 10 years, Russian culture is again going strong and able to withstand any enemy (the only self-proclaimed enemy of Russia is, though, naturally the jewnited states).

Russians won. Despite several rounds of unbelievable terror. Same way the terrorists in charge of the western countries can never win. If we come to our senses and extradite the terrorists now, it's very good. But it is against the testimony of history that they could win, regardless if the people realize it on time or later.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 21, 2015, 12:23:23 PM

This is the shock doctrine in effect.

But we still have social media, with which we can stop tyrrany.

However it is cracked down upon. I`d not be surprized if they would ban free speech, and censor everybody politically.

No, social media cannot be used to stop tyranny. It may be a burden to them, but it does not have the power to stop. It has centralized control and a communist regime could simply remove all messages they don't like or arrest the people easily because of lack of anonymity.

Well then we are doomed. Next step for France: Gestapo and Gulags.

Tyrrany is predictable.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
November 21, 2015, 09:44:51 AM
I really don't want to get off on philosophical tangents again, but at least let me repeat the summary I made to my gf about this matter.

Essentially man gets bound up in wanting to point a finger between good and evil, so as to protect one's own vested interests. Men want to think they've accomplished something and thus for example the desire to blame terrorists rather than just admit that all governance at any level is corrupt. And the larger the government, the more power and the more corrupt. Period.

The Lord said this in 1 Samuel 8 according to the Bible (believe in a God or not, my point is only that the principle is contained therein).

So Risto, I think you've still got to learn to lose your European humanism (the concept that some group is good and another is the evil invader) and join use tribal folks here in the Philippines (or my American Cherokee ancestors) who seemed to better appreciate that we only own our moments and memories and not the land nor the future.

The EU (and Euro) was created as grand idealism of the triumph over man over nature (to end wars, etc). Thus its clusterfuck was assured from the start and the starry-eyed culpability of the population-at-large is undeniable.

So I told my gf, don't worry about any of it. Just live your life for each day and do the best you can. We are not in control. I contrasted how a decade ago the challenge for filipinos was no hope of escaping severe poverty and now there are opportunities to work abroad, but this comes with new opportunities including a globalist world that is headed towards some clusterfuck scenarios, yet there will be opportunities. So carpe diem!

For myself, I need to accept I am not in control and anything I do is fleeting because the future of nature must be freedom (degrees-of-freedom). Easier to say than do.

Edit: The most fundamental law of science (according to Einstein), the Second Law of Thermodynamics requires that the overall trend of the universe it towards maximum entropy (i.e. disorder). Man has a bias to prefer order over disorder, where disorder means more diversely distributed probabilities for outcomes. Thus the assumptions that large governments are not corrupt and that ubiquitous Big T is real and not a false flag is counter to the notion that larger things are inherently too ordered and a disordered explanation is more probable, i.e. the total misapplication of Occam's Razor by Evildave up thread. One might retort by claiming that since a large government is too ordered, then it is more probably a government couldn't organize such things, but the fact is that you see the people choosing the ordered explanation from the government, thus the Coasian barrier sustains the humanism and misapplication of Occam's Razor until it fails in a Waterfall effect as the truth and disorder (the Minsky Moment) punches through the inertial barrier.
November 21, 2015, 08:46:53 AM
Note that Europe (and the rest of the world) embraced humanism

Unless at least some EU countries can make Iceland-style revolution happen in 2 months, including driving the occupation force away, I will have to agree with you that the people here are clueless, and they have learned nothing from the tragedy of 9/11 and the loss of the liberties in the U.S.

Please re-read my long post again. And listen to the linked YouTube. Russia is not benevolent. The people-at-large are embracing humanism (even the Puritans did, it is a repeating aspect of human nature). Period.

Rather than embracing humanism by trying to determine which of men are good and which are evil, which is just evil humanism...

Work for the only certain truth. The only certain truth is that we are not in control. Embrace serendipity. Learn to be not vested in a perspective. Take what nature gives and synergize with it to benefit the most people. This is life. We are not in control. All those "normal people" (who think they are rational because of their misapplication of the notion of science and Occam's razor) who wish terrorism is real so they don't have to admit that the people (as in ourselves) have created (vested in) a clusterfuck of promises to themselves (ourselves) are just in denial and will perish for it.
November 21, 2015, 08:31:54 AM
Hmm... I just found out about this man here. He's a former US Marine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltV-zdKdpDA

Much of what he is saying is correct. The Pentagon / DoD had a report leaked from 2012 that accepted that any Sunni terrorist group may attempt to establish themselves in eastern Syria and that Saudi / Qatari / Turkish / US backers believed this would assist in destabilising Assad, which is the main goal. And after turning two secular regimes into failed states, they are now going for three. Next up of course is Iran itself.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-west-saw-isis-as-strategic-asset-b99ad7a29092#.ka6ifvkuw

However, complicity is not the reason they haven't attacked Israel. On a geopolitical level I would think that the Israeli's would prefer to keep the secular Assad regime in control, although stopping the flow into hezbollah from Iran via Syria may override this. But, ISIS, the frankenstein's monster of militant groups, is following the strictest version of the end of days and to stray from it is sinful, as they state in their own propaganda. So first they deal with the Shia (whom they see as apostates), then they will deal with Sunni's from Saudi who are disbelievers, then attempt to take Turkey (before being beaten back into Syria). All the while holy war overseas is permitted to incite hatred of muslims so they will return to the caliphate. Those who flee the caliphate for Europe are seems as disbelievers.

While I see all these endless foreign policy blunders are central to the problems in the Middle East, the cat is out of the proverbial bag. ISIS is different to al qaeda in that getting rid of the western powers from the middle east is not a big part of their ideology. They've let this baby monster bloom and not foreseen the consequences. Now we all have to deal with it. And sickeningly, western powers use the terrorism and deaths to pass further restrictive laws they'd never get passed without atrocities; the shock doctrine in effect.

Do not forget the long debate I had upthread where I explained with strong evidence that the Israel's Mussod was the likely perpetrator of 9/11.

Also re-read my prior post as I added several relevant blog posts from Armstrong to our information set.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
November 21, 2015, 08:25:52 AM

Much of what he is saying is correct. The Pentagon / DoD had a report leaked from 2012 that accepted that any Sunni terrorist group may attempt to establish themselves in eastern Syria and that Saudi / Qatari / Turkish / US backers believed this would assist in destabilising Assad, which is the main goal. And after turning two secular regimes into failed states, they are now going for three. Next up of course is Iran itself.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-west-saw-isis-as-strategic-asset-b99ad7a29092#.ka6ifvkuw

However, complicity is not the reason they haven't attacked Israel. On a geopolitical level I would think that the Israeli's would prefer to keep the secular Assad regime in control, although stopping the flow into hezbollah from Iran via Syria may override this. But, ISIS, the frankenstein's monster of militant groups, is following the strictest version of the end of days and to stray from it is sinful, as they state in their own propaganda. So first they deal with the Shia (whom they see as apostates), then they will deal with Sunni's from Saudi who are disbelievers, then attempt to take Turkey (before being beaten back into Syria). All the while holy war overseas is permitted to incite hatred of muslims so they will return to the caliphate. Those who flee the caliphate for Europe are seems as disbelievers.

While I see all these endless foreign policy blunders are central to the problems in the Middle East, the cat is out of the proverbial bag. ISIS is different to al qaeda in that getting rid of the western powers from the middle east is not a big part of their ideology. They've let this baby monster bloom and not foreseen the consequences. Now we all have to deal with it. And sickeningly, western powers use the terrorism and deaths to pass further restrictive laws they'd never get passed without atrocities; the shock doctrine in effect.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 21, 2015, 07:54:38 AM
totalitarism its bad no its like a left wing or right wing can be both and its extrems soo i rader think dxecentrilized btc its better for the world to have the best of capitalism and social in order for less poor people live and more rich people live but work must be done
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
November 21, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

However it is cracked down upon. I`d not be surprized if they would ban free speech, and censor everybody politically.

No, social media cannot be used to stop tyranny. It may be a burden to them, but it does not have the power to stop. It has centralized control and a communist regime could simply remove all messages they don't like or arrest the people easily because of lack of anonymity.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
November 21, 2015, 07:46:24 AM

November 21, 2015, 07:20:56 AM
November 20, 2015, 10:40:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2015, 08:26:45 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-state-of-emergency-declared-for-three-months-allowing-authorities-to-shut-down-websites-and-a6740886.html

Police in France have been given huge new powers including the ability to put people under house arrest without trial and to block websites.

France's parliament has extended the country's state of emergency for three months, allowing authorities to get access to huge powers that date back to 1955.

The state of emergency was declared on Saturday, just after attacks that left 129 people dead.

Such a decision gives the police powers including the ability to keep people in their homes without trial, searching the homes of people without a warrant from a judge, and the power to block any website that is deemed a problem.

Rights groups have worried that the decision could become permanent, allowing for the extension of authorities' powers into normal life. But the French government said that such powers were necessary.

"This is the fast response of a democracy faced with barbarism. This is the effective legal response in the face of an ideology of chaos," Prime Minister Emmanuel Valls told parliament.

Valls said the measures were "modern and effective tools to fight the terrorist threat".

Under the state of emergency, police have the power to conduct searches without getting judicial warrants, though they cannot search the homes and offices of parliamentarians, journalists or lawyers.

The new measures mean anyone suspected of posing a threat to security can be placed under house arrest for 12 hours a day to restrict their movement. Even if the house arrest is lifted, suspects can be prevented from meeting others deemed a threat.

Electronic tagging can also be used to ensure suspects under house arrest who are particularly dangerous remain confined.

The authorities have the power to block Internet sites deemed to incite or advocate "acts of terrorism", public demonstrations are banned and groups inciting acts that could seriously affect public order can be dissolved.

Rights campaign group Amnesty International said the emergency measures must not become permanent fixtures.

November 20, 2015, 07:01:15 PM

France's parliament has extended the country's state of emergency for three months, allowing authorities to get access to huge powers that date back to 1955.

Hitler too also said that the Enabling Act of 1933 was only temporary... then it came tyrrany....genocide... and war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire_Decree

History repeats itself?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 20, 2015, 06:57:16 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-state-of-emergency-declared-for-three-months-allowing-authorities-to-shut-down-websites-and-a6740886.html

Police in France have been given huge new powers including the ability to put people under house arrest without trial and to block websites.

The state of emergency was declared on Saturday, just after attacks that left 129 people dead.

Such a decision gives the police powers including the ability to keep people in their homes without trial, searching the homes of people without a warrant from a judge, and the power to block any website that is deemed a problem.

Rights groups have worried that the decision could become permanent, allowing for the extension of authorities' powers into normal life. But the French government said that such powers were necessary.

"This is the fast response of a democracy faced with barbarism. This is the effective legal response in the face of an ideology of chaos," Prime Minister Emmanuel Valls told parliament.

Valls said the measures were "modern and effective tools to fight the terrorist threat".

Under the state of emergency, police have the power to conduct searches without getting judicial warrants, though they cannot search the homes and offices of parliamentarians, journalists or lawyers.

The new measures mean anyone suspected of posing a threat to security can be placed under house arrest for 12 hours a day to restrict their movement. Even if the house arrest is lifted, suspects can be prevented from meeting others deemed a threat.

Electronic tagging can also be used to ensure suspects under house arrest who are particularly dangerous remain confined.

The authorities have the power to block Internet sites deemed to incite or advocate "acts of terrorism", public demonstrations are banned and groups inciting acts that could seriously affect public order can be dissolved.

Rights campaign group Amnesty International said the emergency measures must not become permanent fixtures.
November 20, 2015, 02:22:36 PM

And here again as follows Ven is attempting a similar goal but the marketing problem again is the distribution to the users, as Ven requires users to "Top Up" which I assume means exchange some fiat to obtain some Ven:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

Ven (sign: VEN) is a global digital currency traded in international financial markets and originally used by members of a social network service, Hub Culture, to buy, share, and trade knowledge, goods, and services. The value of Ven is determined on the financial markets from a basket of currencies, commodities and carbon futures. It trades against major currencies at floating exchange rates. Ven is currently listed on the LMAX Exchange.

History

According to Hub Culture, Ven first appeared as an application in Facebook on 4 July 2007.

In 2009, The Wall Street Journal described the currency as being pegged to the US dollar, and used by Hub Culture's users to trade goods, services, and knowledge. One user described having been paid in Ven for making introductions and other favors.

http://info.ven.vc/wordpress/

FEDERAL RESERVE FASTER PAYMENTS TASK FORCE GATHERS SPEED

Hub Culture and Ven are part of the 300 person strong Faster Payments Task Force, a landmark initiative by the Federal Reserve to build consensus around payments innovation in the United States.  The task force includes leaders from across the world of payments, including banks large and small, service providers, stakeholders, regulators and academics from the United States.

Through a series of calls, webinars and in person meetings, the task force seeks to understand and develop end-to-end solutions for ubiquitous, secure payment infrastructure in the financial services industry. The effort is particularly centered around the Federal Reserve’s payment services.

This week the group is meeting in Chicago to continue refining criterion for approaches to faster payment systems in the US, and to develop the conversation on a wide range of issues concerning other aspects that emerge from the work. Over 4,000 have signed up to monitor the progress via online tools.

Digital assets like Ven and identity/compliance systems like HubID are part of the conversation with other approaches and services as part of the ‘non-bank providers’ working segment.

Together, the blueprints for faster payments in the US and beyond are emerging, but a final solution is not expected soon. Working groups and segments are are set to continue development through 2016 as part of the existing remit of the task force, with an ongoing series of meetings and other activities.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 16, 2015, 02:19:14 AM

TPTB

I read about some kind of Ponzi scheme going on in The Philippines called something like "MMM", and spread around by YouTube videos (weird, I know).

Is there something like this going on over there?  You're the best one I know offhand to report on this.

BTC was at $360 (up almost 10% just today).  Maybe time to spend some...?

TPTB is probably wondering how could he get so wrong his prediction about the $100 Bitcoin price which according to him will follow the early summer $300 price. Instead of the price is $390.00.

Except it again proceeded exactly to my prediction of a bounce up to the $380 - $440 range:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12880333

I have no idea how you people manage to ignore the details of my predictions and then go spouting off slander when I am not around to read it. Luckily I came back here to set the record straight.

This past May I predicted the rise to $315 (exactly!) and then a fall down again. I have maintained that Bitcoin will make final lower lows (< $150) roughly on target with Armstrong's benchmark targets for gold, which is in the Spring of 2016.

You will even find where I have been predicting a bounce in Bitcoin since August or so, when gold started to bounce. I can't fathom how you forgot that?

Nothing has changed, except if Bitcoin moves higher into the $500s, then the technicals I was using to target a $380 - $440 bull trap bounce would be wrong. But that doesn't necessary change anything about the < $150 low coming.

Btw, I am selling as fast as I can now!

Let's see who gets the last laugh on this one.

come back pls your the only reason why i come here
legendary
Activity: 1260
November 13, 2015, 08:56:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Strange, yet attractive.
November 13, 2015, 06:29:12 PM
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 13, 2015, 05:21:44 PM
http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/39274

G20 Agrees to Share ALL Information on Everyone Starting in 2017

The Bundestag in Germany has unanimously adopted the automatic exchange of financial data with all other states. Banks will be obliged to report information on credit, interest, and dividends from 2017 to the authorities. You can no longer get a credit card outside of the country. You live to pay taxes. Nobody wants to deal with the nightmare of keeping track of everyone. The costs have already exceeded $200 billion and are rising within the private sector so that these politicians can increase taxes on everything.
Pages:
Jump to: