Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 40. (Read 345738 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 11, 2015, 07:45:52 AM

hehehehe i pulled out my cash at 400 B AWHAUHWUAWHAW

You sold bitcoin at 400$? So now you have worthless fiat that can be confiscated anytime  Huh

After attending a conference in China, Mayor Anthony Silva returned to the US, where border officials singled him out for secondary inspection. During that inspection, they confiscated his laptop and smartphones. They demanded Silva disclose his passwords and informed him he would remain in detention until he complied. Silva also learned that he had “no right for a lawyer to be present” and that being a US citizen did not “entitle [Silva] to rights that [he] probably thought.” After revealing his passwords, Silva was allowed to proceed but without his electronic devices.

So now you see why Trezor and Ledger are not the best way to store your bitcoins.

Trezor might be secure against hacks, but its not secure against extortion.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 11, 2015, 01:41:54 AM
http://www.nestmann.com/theyre-coming-for-your-cash

http://www.nestmann.com/spy-on-your-customers-or-else

http://www.nestmann.com/how-to-stay-off-the-no-fly-list

http://www.nestmann.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-border-big-brother

After attending a conference in China, Mayor Anthony Silva returned to the US, where border officials singled him out for secondary inspection. During that inspection, they confiscated his laptop and smartphones. They demanded Silva disclose his passwords and informed him he would remain in detention until he complied. Silva also learned that he had “no right for a lawyer to be present” and that being a US citizen did not “entitle [Silva] to rights that [he] probably thought.” After revealing his passwords, Silva was allowed to proceed but without his electronic devices.

http://www.nestmann.com/the-big-biz-big-gov-world-of-donald-trump

hehehehe i pulled out my cash at 400 B AWHAUHWUAWHAW
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
November 11, 2015, 01:13:33 AM
http://www.nestmann.com/theyre-coming-for-your-cash

http://www.nestmann.com/spy-on-your-customers-or-else

http://www.nestmann.com/how-to-stay-off-the-no-fly-list

http://www.nestmann.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-border-big-brother

http://www.nestmann.com/the-big-biz-big-gov-world-of-donald-trump
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
November 05, 2015, 05:59:54 PM

bigtimespaghetti

Yes, if you do not now own any Au or Ag, NOW would be a good time to acquire a position (physical only, no "paper gold").  Especially if you have children.

Economist Martin Armstrong put out a great piece today that is very relevant to the Economic Totalitarianism being inflicted on almost all of us:

"Yellen Tells Congress Negative Interest Rates Are Possible"

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38983

Janet Yellen told Congress:

“Potentially anything – including negative interest rates – would be on the table. But we would have to study carefully how they would work here in the U.S. context.”

OROBTC comment:

Um, how is it that the head of the Federal Reserve (NOT part of the US government, the "Fed" is privately owned, not only that the ownership is secret or at least obscure) tells CONGRESS what the direction of monetary policy should be?

Armstrong also notes that "negative interest rates would wipe out the elderly."  NIRP may not wipe them out, but with NO INCOME (or even negative income for cash in the bank), it would hurt a lot.

I am not an economist (and would resent any innuendo that I am), but IMO we should get back to a POSITIVE (but modest) interest rate.  Savers are people too!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
November 05, 2015, 02:33:55 AM
I concur that you predicted $315 in May and that you believed there was the possibility of it going to $440.

(currently $495)

This $380 - 440 was a near-term technical projection (target to be reached before roughly Oct 1 afair if it did, otherwise new technical projections would be required) on a chart and has nothing to do with Armstrong's model for a low in gold this coming Spring 2016. Also that technical projection may have increased by now (Nov. 5).

The price is going crazy volatile now if it was up to $495 while I was sleeping and then below $400 when I woke up.

Coinbase announced they are supporting the BitcoinXT block size increase in December. Rumors China will make Bitcoin legal. And the CHKLOCKVERIFY opcode to enable Lightning Networks has been moved into the Bitcoin code and to be a reality no later than early 2016.

Bitcoin could be diverging from gold. It is possible especially considering it is an orthogonal global speculation vehicle. Armstrong has documented yesterday that some stock markets appeared to have bottomed on his Oct 1 (2015.75) turn date.

The theory that Bitcoin would mimick Armstrong's gold bottom timing was my guess, not Armstrong's.

However, the liquidity contagion has not yet hit the sovereign debt crisis. Thus speculation is renewed. Let's see what happens to liquid assets such as gold and cash (Bitcoin) once there is a liquidity crisis. Also this pump would be a great manipulation for those who did it so they could borrow BTC to go short.

This nosebleed rise has all the markers of a pump and dump job.

If I had enough $ to speculate with, I would go leveraged short at $500. Alas, I am just converting BTC to USD so I can be sure I have the cash to pay my bills so I can code an altcoin.

TPTB

Always nice to see your thoughts.  You come on back from time-to-time now, ya hear?

The BTC price run-up indeed has been completely orthogonal to gold.  I mentioned that I took advantage of the run-up to buy some gold with some of my BTC.  I sold at $410/BTC for the Au.  Next day it was at $490 (highest price that I personally saw).  I thought:

"Damn, I should have waited a day to buy [gold] !!!"

Then the price comes down today to $395 at one point, so I forgave myself (it's gotten easier to do that, having stopped drinking  Smiley ).

At this point, having "proved my point" (selling into a possibly bogus rally), I will now just sit this out and HODL the rest of my BTC.

Probably should have got some AG/AU myself. Was easier to just trade the parabola. Funny you should mention buying metals, a friend of mine did exactly the same thing! With btc that is.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
November 04, 2015, 11:19:15 PM
I concur that you predicted $315 in May and that you believed there was the possibility of it going to $440.

(currently $495)

This $380 - 440 was a near-term technical projection (target to be reached before roughly Oct 1 afair if it did, otherwise new technical projections would be required) on a chart and has nothing to do with Armstrong's model for a low in gold this coming Spring 2016. Also that technical projection may have increased by now (Nov. 5).

The price is going crazy volatile now if it was up to $495 while I was sleeping and then below $400 when I woke up.

Coinbase announced they are supporting the BitcoinXT block size increase in December. Rumors China will make Bitcoin legal. And the CHKLOCKVERIFY opcode to enable Lightning Networks has been moved into the Bitcoin code and to be a reality no later than early 2016.

Bitcoin could be diverging from gold. It is possible especially considering it is an orthogonal global speculation vehicle. Armstrong has documented yesterday that some stock markets appeared to have bottomed on his Oct 1 (2015.75) turn date.

The theory that Bitcoin would mimick Armstrong's gold bottom timing was my guess, not Armstrong's.

However, the liquidity contagion has not yet hit the sovereign debt crisis. Thus speculation is renewed. Let's see what happens to liquid assets such as gold and cash (Bitcoin) once there is a liquidity crisis. Also this pump would be a great manipulation for those who did it so they could borrow BTC to go short.

If I had enough $ to speculate with, I would go leveraged short at $500. Alas, I am just converting BTC to USD so I can be sure I have the cash to pay my bills so I can code an altcoin.

TPTB

Always nice to see your thoughts.  You come on back from time-to-time now, ya hear?

The BTC price run-up indeed has been completely orthogonal to gold.  I mentioned that I took advantage of the run-up to buy some gold with some of my BTC.  I sold at $410/BTC for the Au.  Next day it was at $490 (highest price that I personally saw).  I thought:

"Damn, I should have waited a day to buy [gold] !!!"

Then the price comes down today to $395 at one point, so I forgave myself (it's gotten easier to do that, having stopped drinking  Smiley ).

At this point, having "proved my point" (selling into a possibly bogus rally), I will now just sit this out and HODL the rest of my BTC.
November 04, 2015, 10:22:19 PM

(currently $495)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2015, 09:12:24 PM
Who am I to let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory  Tongue
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 04, 2015, 08:37:57 PM
I don't really know Luigi, I only threw that out there because I saw a coindesk article on it.

It's only speculation on my behalf and I don't care enough to investigate whether it's plausible or tin foil hattery.

Ah, sorry. i think I misinterpreted the "tone" of your post.

BTC news sites are of course a complete joke in general, but that's orthogonal.  Tongue

Oh also months ago I noticed the MLMS around bitcoin use the coindesk as a mainsite, I guess its there mainstream go to etc to sell news.

I usually just do the opposite of what coindesk does to make money.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2015, 07:25:33 PM
I don't really know Luigi, I only threw that out there because I saw a coindesk article on it.

It's only speculation on my behalf and I don't care enough to investigate whether it's plausible or tin foil hattery.

Ah, sorry. i think I misinterpreted the "tone" of your post.

BTC news sites are of course a complete joke in general, but that's orthogonal.  Tongue
legendary
November 04, 2015, 07:03:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1105
November 04, 2015, 06:40:13 PM
I think the price was manipulated only for the final silk road BTC auction, lets see.

That seems excessively tinfoil-hatty to me.

1. It's a piddly amount of money for the USMS.
2. Why was nothing similar done for the previous auctions?
3. Who would orchestrate it?
4. Why is the volume in China?
5. Why has it sold off $100 when the auction isn't till tomorrow?
legendary
November 04, 2015, 05:52:31 PM
I think the price was manipulated only for the final silk road BTC auction, lets see.
November 04, 2015, 01:57:06 PM
Damn my prediction came true, very sharp:

Ok here are my predictions:

60% probability: Bitcoin will reach 400$ before 2016
85% probability: Bitcoin will reach 500$ before next halving
90% probability: Bitcoin will reach 700$ before 2017
20% probability: Bitcoin will reach 5000$ before 2017

There are my predictions, this thread wont be edited, so let's see if my predictions come true Cheesy

Now lets see if we can hit 500$.

I wonder how the elite think about bitcoin's rise in price?
Activity: 208
Merit: 103
November 04, 2015, 09:41:26 AM
...This past May I predicted the rise to $315 (exactly!) and then a fall down again. I have maintained that Bitcoin will make final lower lows (< $150) roughly on target with Armstrong's benchmark targets for gold, which is in the Spring of 2016.

You will even find where I have been predicting a bounce in Bitcoin since August or so, when gold started to bounce. I can't fathom how you forgot that?

Nothing has changed, except if Bitcoin moves higher into the $500s, then the technicals I was using to target a $380 - $440 bull trap bounce would be wrong. But that doesn't necessary change anything about the < $150 low coming.

Btw, I am selling as fast as I can now!

Let's see who gets the last laugh on this one.

I concur that you predicted $315 in May and that you believed there was the possibility of it going to $440. I sold at the July high at around £315, playing safe that I wouldn't lose out if it never met that figure again before the drop, instead of risking hanging on for the possible $380-$440. OK, I was wrong! Hope I won't be again in not buying during then last few days on the rise to $500 plus? (currently $495). Academic for me as out of the game.
Activity: 784
November 04, 2015, 08:01:33 AM

TPTB

I read about some kind of Ponzi scheme going on in The Philippines called something like "MMM", and spread around by YouTube videos (weird, I know).

Is there something like this going on over there?  You're the best one I know offhand to report on this.

BTC was at $360 (up almost 10% just today).  Maybe time to spend some...?

TPTB is probably wondering how could he get so wrong his prediction about the $100 Bitcoin price which according to him will follow the early summer $300 price. Instead of the price is $390.00.

I have no idea how you people manage to ignore the details of my predictions and then go spouting off slander when I am not around to read it. Luckily I came back here to set the record straight.

Hmmmm ... "you people" ... "spouting" ... behind your back, when you are not around. Can't you be civil when someone points out your mistakes? Your ego is so big there is no room left for some honesty to admit your mistakes. In this case when it would be enough to say: I am sorry, I was wrong about the BTC price with my shitty predictions and investment advices.

After a 5 minutes lookup here are a few posts of yours from klee's thread

Everyone should have been short since $315 which is what I said first. And I should have stuck to that. Predicting the short-term moves is going to get you stopped out and you'll miss the entire decline.

We are clearly in a crash mode still for BTC. Yes it could rally back up to $325 near-term, but no later than Spring 2016 the price will go below $150 again.

I sold all BTC to fiat at $315. I have not repurchased.

Volatility is skyrocketing (see the dire MA blog posts linked below). Gold making its perhaps last lower high, because the crash below $1000. Consider this bounce for BTC as a last chance to head for the exits before all hell breaks loose. Sure maybe we make a nosebleed run for $300 again, but who wants to risk being long now?

Gold may rally up to $1188, so there is still a chance BTC can make one more moonshot to $300s before the inevitable decline...

So you may want to go long again BTC for another rally up to the long-term trend line at $325±10 before we go short again for the collapse down to double digits

With regards to the price of these weeks/months, you have clearly expected no higher price than $325 +-10 for Bitcoin and then according to you should come "the inevitable decline" to double digits, which decline according to you will be completed by spring 2016. Lets not be worry about that spring 2016 prediction, you might get it right or might not. What I am saying is, you were simply wrong as you categorically said there will be a decline to double digits following the early summer rally of $315. However, as we speak the current price is $475.00 on Bitstamp ... rather than "all hell breaks loose".

I hope nobody has listened to your investment advices by shorting from $250 or selling at $250 when you were banging on everywhere on this forum how great your predictions are (at the time when you got right the $315 top).

November 04, 2015, 06:49:22 AM

TPTB

I read about some kind of Ponzi scheme going on in The Philippines called something like "MMM", and spread around by YouTube videos (weird, I know).

Is there something like this going on over there?  You're the best one I know offhand to report on this.

BTC was at $360 (up almost 10% just today).  Maybe time to spend some...?

TPTB is probably wondering how could he get so wrong his prediction about the $100 Bitcoin price which according to him will follow the early summer $300 price. Instead of the price is $390.00.

Except it again proceeded exactly to my prediction of a bounce up to the $380 - $440 range:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12880333

I have no idea how you people manage to ignore the details of my predictions and then go spouting off slander when I am not around to read it. Luckily I came back here to set the record straight.

This past May I predicted the rise to $315 (exactly!) and then a fall down again. I have maintained that Bitcoin will make final lower lows (< $150) roughly on target with Armstrong's benchmark targets for gold, which is in the Spring of 2016.

You will even find where I have been predicting a bounce in Bitcoin since August or so, when gold started to bounce. I can't fathom how you forgot that?

Nothing has changed, except if Bitcoin moves higher into the $500s, then the technicals I was using to target a $380 - $440 bull trap bounce would be wrong. But that doesn't necessary change anything about the < $150 low coming.

Btw, I am selling as fast as I can now!

Let's see who gets the last laugh on this one.
legendary
Activity: 961
November 04, 2015, 12:02:11 AM

+ $55,000 trollercoaster

NO ONE knows what is going to happen, re BTC and in most things.  We can make educated guesses, and even make decent guesses re probabilities, but no one knows.

BTC is wildly volatile (and that is part of its charm), selling some after a huge run-up is just smart.  Gold is a good place for some BTC profits.  But, the move in BTC may have only begun, but who knows?

Yep, who can know in a world where so much is connected. No one knows how BTC will perform in a chaotic downturn - will it sink with everything else, be less affected due to its outside-of-govt status or destroy itself?
November 03, 2015, 11:25:30 PM

+ $55,000 trollercoaster

NO ONE knows what is going to happen, re BTC and in most things.  We can make educated guesses, and even make decent guesses re probabilities, but no one knows.

BTC is wildly volatile (and that is part of its charm), selling some after a huge run-up is just smart.  Gold is a good place for some BTC profits.  But, the move in BTC may have only begun, but who knows?

I think BTC will stabilize. We could see a correction but who knows.

I personally dont think we will get back to 150$ again. But this is just a mania, it makes me sell my bitcoins, but I wont because I believe in the community!
Pages:
Jump to: