Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before lending your coins!) - page 3. (Read 211823 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
I agree with many of the items on this list. But, why items 3 through 8? I think that for items 3-7, if you are genuinely new to this and not a scammer, you would not know any better, especially 5-7

3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name
4. Signs posts with full name
5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind (they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)

I'm also curious about number 8:
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female

How did that come about? Are those who are genuinely female screwed?

Again, I'm a noob and just trying to understand...

hehehehe, that point 8 really got me wondering too. Albeit the points are pretty much solid, but i won't bet my balls on them because the points can be circumvented too and at times, it can be rendered invalid.
Activity: 5
I agree with many of the items on this list. But, why items 3 through 8? I think that for items 3-7, if you are genuinely new to this and not a scammer, you would not know any better, especially 5-7

3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name
4. Signs posts with full name
5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind (they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)

I'm also curious about number 8:
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female

How did that come about? Are those who are genuinely female screwed?

Again, I'm a noob and just trying to understand...
Activity: 39
Thanks for your post. As a newbie I would have fallen victim of this. Thanks once again
Activity: 8
thanks for your post. This article was very useful with a single as myself.
thanks for your post. The information is very interesting
Thanks for information! Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
As you indicate here that to "never do business to newbie ever'', Is there a higher rank is also scammer? Is only NEWBIE member we must aware of?
Activity: 110
Activity: 70
I can't come up with any reasons of why would i want to lend or borrow a coin? Except when I'm margin trading, but thats done through standart exchange mechanisms, could please anyone explain that to a newbie?  Wink
Activity: 9
Has anyone lost money lending on BitFinex?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
this is great information, some of newbies get helping with this info, so that they never get to scam, but i also think that not all are scammers but some of them maybe..
the better way is to thinking 10x before you decide..
Activity: 253
i think not all are scammers but some of them maybe....
transaction online is difficult with no assurance ..
you need to be practical and intelligent when it comes to transactions like these..

I think bitcoin talk .org needs more confirmation and verification like selfie verification in order for us to securely
and have the peaceful in our mind when making online transactions!!! HMMMMMM Huh Huh
Activity: 22
This information is timely for me as a newbie whose interest in bitcoin and plan for e-currency keeps growing.
However, scammers can be even an hero or Senior member here but being cautious before dealing is the key.
Activity: 1
Good info, especially for we new to ecurrencies, but makes sense for most any transactions
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Great post! This is very informative thread especially for a newbie like me in the world of cryptocurrency. Hope someday I can use this as guide when I needed it. More power and Godbless you!
Activity: 322
Merit: 104
Great post, thanks for sharing.
Activity: 266
Merit: 242
I haven't really touched this list in months (years?) since the Trust system was rolled out. Normally if somebody proves themselves to be legit, I'll remove any negative Trust I've given them though.
Activity: 68
Nice, this kind of article will be able to help me and the other newbies to know more about bit coin and how it works also to avoid scammers and those who just want to earn and take advantage from us newbies. For those are willing to help us newbies give us some tips and advice so that we can learn from the veterans and earn legit money.
Activity: 182
Thank you to the author of this post, as a newbie I learned everythings here how to know if you are dealing with a scammer. I didnt yet read all your reference but Im will check it again later.
Activity: 188
Thank you very much for the very informative thread. I'll make sure to have my checklist and by any chances it matched above examples of a scammer pattern, sure thing I will avoid it or them. I will also do background checks before transacting with them. Someday, I will find a perfect place to invest my Bitcoin by following this simple thread you provided. Thanks for the help!
Pages:
Jump to: