Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric car - do you like it? - page 6. (Read 2157 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 26, 2020, 02:57:20 PM
I don't like electric cars, because they are NOT as green as most people think. They run on batteries, but how do you produce electric power to charge that battery? You have to burn coal or use nuclear fuel or destroy a river if you want to construct hydro power Dam. So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green - the production of solar panels is very "dirty", and can somebody enlighten me how to ecologically dispose huge polyester laminate wind turbine blades?
Humankind must develop new ways of producing really green electrical energy (Thorium based nuclear reactor maybe?) first!
Can you explain why solar, wind and hydro powers are not green? They are created using the natural renewable resources and available abundant in nature.Extraction of fuel does more harm to this planet, especially collapsing the internal structure which often causes lot of natural disasters and polluting the ecological system.
Activity: 88
Merit: 24
August 26, 2020, 04:05:49 AM
I don't like electric cars, because they are NOT as green as most people think. They run on batteries, but how do you produce electric power to charge that battery? You have to burn coal or use nuclear fuel or destroy a river if you want to construct hydro power Dam. So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green - the production of solar panels is very "dirty", and can somebody enlighten me how to ecologically dispose huge polyester laminate wind turbine blades?
Humankind must develop new ways of producing really green electrical energy (Thorium based nuclear reactor maybe?) first!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
August 26, 2020, 03:40:16 AM
Sooner than later all cars will be electric. You just cannot escape it. See cameras, all digital now. Where is your film camera? And the economies of scale will drive the price down. Already China has lots of 1k USD golf cart like things that don't go fast but get the job done and its a massive hit there. Then you can go all the way up until the 100k USD Teslas. Even those, are far much simpler than ICE vehicles. Look at them both inside and compare.

Its like comparing CRT with LED monitors. Its a tremendous magnitude of complexity in difference. And yes, i guess CRT vs LED is also a valid analogy.

Even if you love your ICE, gas stations will slowly shrink and keep disappearing. When was the last time you saw a video tape rental or film developing shop? ICE cars had their century of glory, but their time has come to an end. Say goodbye to vroom, and hello to wheez or whatever.
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
August 26, 2020, 03:22:30 AM
I think electric cars are very good, because they are environmentally friendly and do not cause air pollution.
Activity: 79
Merit: 37
August 21, 2020, 11:47:03 AM
I love the electric car very much, as it is environmentally friendly and fast. I have seen many electric cars, but unfortunately I do not own an electric car and I hope to own it in the future
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
August 21, 2020, 09:21:27 AM
Electric cars are fantastic to drive. Having driven Nissan leafs, Toyota Hybrids and even a Tesla s p100d

But they can struggle in the cold:
https://www.wired.com/story/electric-cars-cold-weather-tips/

The extra cost is fine if you want performace in speed but for range a hybrid or diesel is still more economical.

While Teslas tend to be extremely safe in general there are reports of sudden unexplained acceleration and loss of brakes.

Tesla unexplained acceleration
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/01/17/us-probe-tesla-crashes-unexplained-acceleration/

Tesla model x sudden acceleration leading to crash
https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/7/11876794/tesla-model-x-crash-unintended-acceleration

Tesla model 3 sudden acceleration leading to crash (video)
https://youtu.be/_vRnHtlVVcE

Also of wheels falling off.

August 06, 2020, 07:35:37 AM
Electric cars are very good, because they can reduce air pollution.

Yes but we are not yet ready for that.
We don't have the infrastructure to support this trend. There are not stations where you can fuel electricity to your car. Hence, Electric cars cannot do many KMs and give you big trips. There is not any reason to buy one right now.
Electric cars were mainly used for day to day needed for then 300KM range is more than enough and they can simply charge the car at the normal home socket with dedicated charger. We are not going for long big trips everyday it could be once in a month or even more.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
August 06, 2020, 03:32:12 AM

Yes but we are not yet ready for that.
We don't have the infrastructure to support this trend. There are not stations where you can fuel electricity to your car. Hence, Electric cars cannot do many KMs and give you big trips. There is not any reason to buy one right now.
Activity: 266
Merit: 88
August 05, 2020, 02:26:16 PM
I have never used these cars before, but I will definitely get one of them in the future. I like this type of car because it is economical and saves a lot of money. Also, the resulting energy is not clean energy.
Activity: 280
Merit: 135
August 05, 2020, 02:13:41 PM
Yes, I love the electric car a lot, but I have never used it before and I am currently using the electric bike and I consider that electric driving is beneficial for everyone and also beneficial to the environment.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
August 05, 2020, 02:02:05 PM
Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

I don't have an electric car and never even rode it...
for me, electric cars are one of the human successes in developing environmentally-friendly transportation. pollution levels will be reduced if electric vehicles are used en masse.
August 05, 2020, 01:17:35 PM
At the moment, electric cars, in my opinion, do not have enough energy to travel far without recharging.
But I like this trend. I am for ecological transport!
Lol electric car can run further now though of course this is need to be charged thats why it is called electric cars lol,or maybe there are designs that has reserved battery for long trip?
AFAIK, electric cars don't have reserve battery but they do have fast charging stations so it may take 30 - 45 mins for a full charge and the cost of that charging is lot cheaper compared to the fuel prices.So they are going to be the future in 2030, most of the people in the world will be using electric cars.
Activity: 581
Merit: 2
August 05, 2020, 10:36:46 AM
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
June 30, 2020, 01:02:45 PM
Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet since it's still expensive at the moment. Hopefully, once electric cars get mass-produced, it would be more affordable for the rest of us to purchase.

Other than electric cars though, any other vehicle that's electric could be a more affordable option to consider also for city commuting like electric bikes, electric scooters, electric skateboards, etc.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 58
June 30, 2020, 11:13:38 AM

yeah i want to have this one day
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
June 30, 2020, 10:39:24 AM
Electric cars are great, especially if they are working, I once bought a cheap car and was upset because it was faulty, but not for long, because I realized that I must have tools in my garage there is also a special tool, for example, to repair an engine . If the owner of the garage is not a mechanic mechanic, a special tool is not needed. And I realized what I needed and found a lot of useful information here: https://toolboxwiki.com/reviews/best-tool-box-organizers/

Lol Electric cars are much expensive ,I have a electric motor Bike now and it is my reserve service in case i get tired of my Bicycle driving.

and is that your own site/nice share.

At the moment, electric cars, in my opinion, do not have enough energy to travel far without recharging.
Lol electric car can run further now though of course this is need to be charged thats why it is called electric cars lol,or maybe there are designs that has reserved battery for long trip?
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
May 25, 2020, 02:41:25 AM
I have not seen electric car in person. The popular here is electric bicycle/motorcycle and I also have it which I bought 5 years ago and still in good condition now. The maintenance for wheels, battery and wirings are not expensive so its convenient for us.

Currently my husband is using it as his service when going to work so its a big help for us to save more.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
May 25, 2020, 01:36:36 AM
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
May 12, 2020, 11:16:53 AM

When I wanted to buy a car, I was thinking of purchasing an electric one.
However, they are still very expensive and I couldn't afford it. In the end it might worth the money that I had to give but at that time they were not still very popular to the crowd and none was buying.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 12, 2020, 06:31:46 AM
Why don't people use electric cars more? What's wrong with electric cars?
You mostly see them in countries where the manufacturers are focused on sending their electric cars. They can provide essential needs and support for their customers there like charging stations.

But, a little by little they are expanding their businesses, and charging stations are also being made for easier access.

Pages:
Jump to: