Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric car - do you like it? - page 9. (Read 2157 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 03:24:29 AM
Mostly, hype about eco-friendly e-cars is just hypocrisy and wrong way to promote it.

It goes down to battery: increase capacity at least 3 times per kilo/pound of it's weight and increase service life of it from modern day 6-7 years to 15-18. After that e-cars will sell themselves, tho i don't envy regions where materials for batteries are mined as it's way more messier than oil (if it's not tar sands- that's a disaster) and humanity will have another energy crisis on it's hands, this time from electricity shortage due to skyrocketed demand.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
October 09, 2018, 03:19:24 AM
With cars still being one of the the major contributors to the CO emission, I hope in the nearest future conventional cars will be replaced by electric ones.
Activity: 321
October 09, 2018, 02:48:03 AM
Yes, i like it, i like every new useful technologies that mekes life easier and better and helps to save the enviroment.
Activity: 80
October 08, 2018, 08:52:37 PM
Electric cars to me should be within a city movement and that could reduce gas emission in the city... but for journey outside a city you use gas power cars!! or a car with both functions in one will be great!! so you can switch between gas and electric!!
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
October 08, 2018, 09:21:15 AM
I think this is a great idea! In the future, all cars should be electric. Unfortunately I can not afford such a car yet. But I hope in the future they will be available for everyone at a price.

I think it is possible to switch to electric cars now . But there are people who don't want it.The owners of gas stations don`t allow it soon.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
October 08, 2018, 05:28:36 AM
I think this is a great idea! In the future, all cars should be electric. Unfortunately I can not afford such a car yet. But I hope in the future they will be available for everyone at a price.
Activity: 261
Merit: 3
October 05, 2018, 12:09:29 PM
Electric cars are perfect for cities where electricity is not a problem and you could install a lot of charging stations.
Relatively low power of such cars is not that critical in urban environment, but may be problematic in the countryside and long-distance travel.
Activity: 6
September 26, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
i agree with you
Activity: 319
Merit: 100
October 05, 2018, 10:09:04 AM
Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

My country still didn't have electric car to buy.... How much in you country to get one, and my opinion is people must change their car to electric one cause Earth oil can last forever.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 07:49:40 AM
I do like Electric cars have the future in their hand, the only problem being speed and long drives can't be depended on battery charge.
Speed in electric cars can be expected on in high end and expensive cars.
Activity: 574
Merit: 152
September 26, 2018, 05:20:25 PM
I have a Nissan Leaf.  By far the best car I have ever owned with one exception:  you cannot beat a gas powered vehicle for long trips.

Solution:  Electric car for everyday short trips, gas car for long trips.

Hydrogen my friend. Batteries have an insane low energy density.

Yeah, electric vehicles are the future. Batteries are not.
Activity: 115
September 26, 2018, 03:35:40 PM
They are perfect for urban areas, and not really for the roadtrips. But i don't think fossil-fuel-mafia would allow electric cars to be mainstream anytime soon.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
September 26, 2018, 03:03:17 PM
I do. I think that they are better than gas-powered because they are more eco-friendly. However, the problem with electric cars is its price, as well as charging time. Perhaps in the near future, car manufacturers will come up with newly improved electric cars that is more eco-friendly, affordable, and can last in long trips.
Activity: 181
September 26, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
Like it or not - its our future and everyone would probably have to get used to it. As for me, I would love to be a Tesla owner.
Activity: 31
September 26, 2018, 05:22:57 AM
yes,it has energy typically stored in rechargeable batteries.
Activity: 51
September 26, 2018, 04:54:18 AM
Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

I like el.cars. And tesla models looks realy good. But there are other el.cars too. Reanult has some and BMW. I think its nice to take care of enviroment. Don't know how much they polute the air when making an el.car but I think they are better than rest of cars. I hope one day I could own one.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
September 24, 2018, 09:41:16 AM
I have a Nissan Leaf.  By far the best car I have ever owned with one exception:  you cannot beat a gas powered vehicle for long trips.

Solution:  Electric car for everyday short trips, gas car for long trips.

I got to drive a leaf a couple of months ago. Loved it.

Great torque at low speed. Perky to drive. Silent and very smooth with no gear changes.
Activity: 20
September 24, 2018, 08:55:52 AM
As an environmentalist and as a youth that have love and care for the mother earth I personally like the electric car. Every day the population of the gasoline type cars in the road is continue to grow. This additional cars will contribute a much more pollution in our environment,  specially in air. Electric cars are Eco friendly vehicles.  It uses an electricity and don't emit a harmful air. It also lessen the use of gasoline,  diesel and other crude oil which is Non renewable natural resources.
Activity: 31
September 24, 2018, 04:15:14 AM
I wonder how electric car works.
But since i think when it comes to energy usage and environment friendly related aspects, I like electric car more than gas-engined.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
September 23, 2018, 08:32:11 PM
Regarding the problem of range and issues of charging time on long distance trips, I think instead of recharge points en route, there should be battery swapping stations, where the mechanics can replace the onboard batteries with fully recharged ones in a couple of minutes at the most. For this, the battery will need to be owned by the company, as there will be a new set with each trip to the 'gas station'.

Also, I have noticed the problem that an electric car is very silent. Often, it's moving past you, and you don't even realise it, there are no audio cues. Hence, there should be some speaker to generate a particular sound to make people aware of the presence of the car in their vicinity.

These are my main issues with fully electric cars for now.

Pages:
Jump to: