Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum 1.9 released - page 3. (Read 15912 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
December 16, 2013, 05:56:30 PM
After I installed 1.9.5 all my receive addresses changed. How do I get my original receive addresses back?

Also, was that bug fixed when sending coin it wouldn't send and come back with some weird error? I posted this a while ago and will dig up the old post if needed.

UPDATE: this is not a bug. Stupidity on my part. I never clicked on the little tick mark that opened up my old/used addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
December 16, 2013, 08:46:15 AM
I tried to make an offline tx using the 1.9.5 portable build with the on/offline wallet method. The deseed command (console) doesn't work!
Then I tried the recover the (watch only) wallet with the MPK method: Not possible to use a previously imported key, the imported address has disappeared.

Now I wonder: Is this only a portable build issue? Is the "deseed" command not working anymore?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:53:36 PM
When will version 1.9.6 portable come out? And will the save settings problem be fixed then?
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
December 14, 2013, 08:14:54 AM
Can't seem to get offline transactions to work.

I create the transaction in the online computer using a watch-only wallet made with the public master key, transfer the transaction input file to a USB key, connect it to my offline computer and load it into the real wallet there made from the seed. The window that pops up says the Status is unsigned and that the transaction is unrelated to my wallet. It also displays (correctly) the inputs and outputs. I click Sign and enter my password. but nothing seems to happen, it sends me back to the transaction window. I save the file to the USB key but its identical to the input file, the transaction wasn't signed.

I'm using electrum 1.9.5 portable on both computers

This should be fixed in git head

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/commit/1004fbd8f89523facae934f9ee5885a66663fac2

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/commit/8b4410d86a9868a12a35c81e7be01659628e63c5
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 14, 2013, 07:56:46 AM
Can't seem to get offline transactions to work.

I create the transaction in the online computer using a watch-only wallet made with the public master key, transfer the transaction input file to a USB key, connect it to my offline computer and load it into the real wallet there made from the seed. The window that pops up says the Status is unsigned and that the transaction is unrelated to my wallet. It also displays (correctly) the inputs and outputs. I click Sign and enter my password. but nothing seems to happen, it sends me back to the transaction window. I save the file to the USB key but its identical to the input file, the transaction wasn't signed.

I'm using electrum 1.9.5 portable on both computers

Activity: 614
December 07, 2013, 07:49:38 PM
Is version 1.9 going to make it into debian 8 stable? Or is it stuck at 1.8?
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 06, 2013, 01:58:17 PM
Why would I need a reason to say hi? Hi! See, that is a "hi" without a reason Cheesy
Well, not really, because you made me say hi, but mark my words, I will say "hi" in this topic without a reason!
Bitcoin Venezuela
December 06, 2013, 01:55:40 PM
Those member having connectivity problems:

Since yesterday I was problem when no connection or by receiving message "Synchronizing..." while trying auto connecting.

By restarting client always help!
Of course that helps, but it's not how it should work.

ThomasV is pushing some fixes to the server code to avoid this problems.

Don't worry, after some more fixes, you and all Electrum users will have to struggle your heads to find a reason to come here and say hi Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 06, 2013, 01:50:14 PM

Since yesterday I was problem when no connection or by receiving message "Synchronizing..." while trying auto connecting.

Of course that helps, but it's not how it should work.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
December 06, 2013, 01:44:34 PM

legendary
December 05, 2013, 06:35:04 PM
Ah yeah. The new file it's looking for is wallets/default_wallet. I believe there should however be a migration system in place that should automatically do this for you. If it hasn't try moving your wallet to that folder/ filename but please back it up first Smiley

I tried it. But pushing the 2 files and the dir locales to electrum_data/wallets/default_wallet didnt work. I then put them one directory higher and it started. But it doesnt save any settings. I cant change language or the currency.

Is auto-connect connecting only via SSL when i set it that way? The ssl-dropdownbox is grayed out then too so i wonder if it honors that setting at all with autoconnect.

It should take the electrum.dat in ~/.electrum and turn it to /wallets/default_wallet in the first run of the new versions. So you have to place your electrum.dat in the older default folder that is the legacy ~/.electrum hidden folder.

You can also use the File >Open option to select the desire wallet file, and then use the File > Copy option.

Im not sure if i see what you mean. It sounds a bit like linux directories?

Lets say my portable electrum is at L:\Electrum and all files are in there:
blockchain_headers
electrum.dat
electrum-1.8.1-portable.exe
and dir: locale

I put electrum-1.9.5-portable.exe in there and start it.

The following dir-structure is built:

electrum_data
  certs
  wallets

When i put
blockchain_headers
electrum.dat
and dir: locale

into electrum_data and stat 1.9.5 then it starts and creates a file:
electrum_data\wallets\default_wallet (Its a file, no dir)

It puts some files from the electrum servers in certs.

electrum.dat seems to be gone. Instead there is a file config. Electrum itself has its settings set back to default.

When i restart 1.9.5 all settings i made in settings or plugins are gone again. So no safing of settings happens.

The dir structure is then:
electrum_data
  certs
    (files from electrum servers)
  locale
    (dirs with locales)
  wallets
    default_wallet (file)
  blockchain_headers (file)
  config (file)
electrum-1.9.5-portable.exe (file)

Im not sure but i think the saving of configurations might be the only problem now.
Bitcoin Venezuela
December 05, 2013, 07:47:54 AM
Ah yeah. The new file it's looking for is wallets/default_wallet. I believe there should however be a migration system in place that should automatically do this for you. If it hasn't try moving your wallet to that folder/ filename but please back it up first Smiley

I tried it. But pushing the 2 files and the dir locales to electrum_data/wallets/default_wallet didnt work. I then put them one directory higher and it started. But it doesnt save any settings. I cant change language or the currency.

Is auto-connect connecting only via SSL when i set it that way? The ssl-dropdownbox is grayed out then too so i wonder if it honors that setting at all with autoconnect.

It should take the electrum.dat in ~/.electrum and turn it to /wallets/default_wallet in the first run of the new versions. So you have to place your electrum.dat in the older default folder that is the legacy ~/.electrum hidden folder.

You can also use the File >Open option to select the desire wallet file, and then use the File > Copy option.
legendary
December 04, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
December 04, 2013, 04:12:17 PM
so electrum you arre still not workingg when arre you going to conect?

Cant connect here! what do?
Activity: 938
December 04, 2013, 09:52:36 AM
legendary
December 03, 2013, 08:04:08 PM
Electrum 1.9.5 portable isnt working portable. It doesnt find the wallet and creates a directory in the system dir which shouldnt happen for a portable version i guess.

What's the md5 of your 1.9.5 portable.

It shows the correct md5 from the download website. But i was wrong. The dir in roaming was old. It doesnt create it. Instead it creates a dir electrum_data in the rootdir of the .exe and then asks for creating a new wallet.

Should i push files into that dir somehow? I have the dir locale and the files blockchain_headers, electrum.dat and the .exe.
Activity: 938
December 03, 2013, 06:14:28 AM
Electrum 1.9.5 portable isnt working portable. It doesnt find the wallet and creates a directory in the system dir which shouldnt happen for a portable version i guess.

What's the md5 of your 1.9.5 portable.
legendary
November 29, 2013, 08:45:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
November 29, 2013, 12:52:06 PM
If I wanted to split the seed in two parts would this procedure make sense for split cold storage:

* Generate two normal seeds by starting Electrum without datadir (part1 and part2)
* concatenate the two parts with a single space in between
* use concatenated parts as input to "restore from seeds"
* put one part to a safe place (bank locker); keep the other one safe, too
* restore from concatenated parts whenever necessary

You can generate a new wallet using the -w switch. No need to move/rename the data dir. Run electrum --help for more details.

As far as splitting the seed goes you can also use shamir's secret sharing algo to create arbitrary n of m splits. Google shamir's secret sharing for more info. There's a ready made program out there called ssss
Thanks for the hint. I read about ssss but I like the nice pronounceable words from the Electrum seed better.

Yeah they definitely are more user friendly. ssss is for when you need more than the straight forward n of n split.
Activity: 128
Merit: 107
November 29, 2013, 12:50:08 PM
If I wanted to split the seed in two parts would this procedure make sense for split cold storage:

* Generate two normal seeds by starting Electrum without datadir (part1 and part2)
* concatenate the two parts with a single space in between
* use concatenated parts as input to "restore from seeds"
* put one part to a safe place (bank locker); keep the other one safe, too
* restore from concatenated parts whenever necessary

You can generate a new wallet using the -w switch. No need to move/rename the data dir. Run electrum --help for more details.

As far as splitting the seed goes you can also use shamir's secret sharing algo to create arbitrary n of m splits. Google shamir's secret sharing for more info. There's a ready made program out there called ssss
Thanks for the hint. I read about ssss but I like the nice pronounceable words from the Electrum seed better.
Pages:
Jump to: