Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum 1.9 released - page 8. (Read 15912 times)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
November 12, 2013, 06:24:28 PM
Thanks Smiley

I have a small question: when i import an address it warns me that it will not be backup in the seed so also not being recoverable. But what if i let other do a payment on that address, will the coins be there after a recovery? Or do i have to import the address again to see the coins again?
You'll have to import the address again. The seed only recovers your determinstic keys and has nothing to do with any key or address that you import later.

I also have a question: I am still on version 1.7.x...: Does the latest version (or already 1.8.x?) have the possibility to sort alphabetically by address, or sort by amount, or sort by label, when viewing my own Receive addresses (or my address book), ... or even a search function?

This would help me a lot in getting organized... and would be the main reason for an upgrade - otherwise I am fully satisfied with 1.7.x and "never change a  running system".
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
November 12, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
Thanks Smiley

I have a small question: when i import an address it warns me that it will not be backup in the seed so also not being recoverable. But what if i let other do a payment on that address, will the coins be there after a recovery? Or do i have to import the address again to see the coins again?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2013, 02:10:51 PM
It's not meant to be a chart application but a wallet application. Although I guess we could build in a timer that refreshes the rate. You better open a ticket at Github for a feature request Smiley
legendary
November 10, 2013, 01:47:47 PM
That is what i do now yes, but it would be a great future for Electrum to implement that in the program.
Activity: 938
November 10, 2013, 01:17:21 PM
First, thanks for Electrum...i like the software the most. I have a question and please forgive me if it is already has been answered. But is there a possibility to live update the EUR/USD instead of closing the app and start it up again?

What would your use-case be? Why not simply go to a chart site if you need up-to-date information?
legendary
November 10, 2013, 09:36:38 AM
First, thanks for Electrum...i like the software the most. I have a question and please forgive me if it is already has been answered. But is there a possibility to live update the EUR/USD instead of closing the app and start it up again?
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
November 10, 2013, 06:45:41 AM

Thanks Thomas.
What about supporting multi wallets? Is it hard to implement? I really have enough of Multibit, it is slow, memory hungry, and full of glitches.

It is already in the code, but the priority now is to fix those errors, so you won't need to wait much if that matters Smiley

Cool! Will patiently wait!  Grin

Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
November 10, 2013, 05:47:15 AM
Please add HTTPS support to the download page of electrum. (download.electrum.org)

Or just only for the PGP signature of the downloads and the developers.

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tree/master/pubkeys
Activity: 715
Bitcoin Venezuela
November 10, 2013, 05:44:32 AM

Thanks Thomas.
What about supporting multi wallets? Is it hard to implement? I really have enough of Multibit, it is slow, memory hungry, and full of glitches.

It is already in the code, but the priority now is to fix those errors, so you won't need to wait much if that matters Smiley
Activity: 900
Crypto Geek
November 09, 2013, 01:07:03 PM
Same connection problem here.

Installed via pip.

edit:
Was able to get connection by playing with auto connect setting, exiting and reenter a few times.

Is there anything I can try typing in the console when it does it again to help diagnose the problem?
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
November 09, 2013, 06:57:04 AM
I have noticed that there isn't a tray icon for Electrum Portable (Windows 7 x64), so it just shows an empty spot (this also happened with 1.8.1).
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 08, 2013, 10:44:03 PM
I've an interesting problem here, seems relatable enough to the 1.9 upgrade so I'll post it here. I've got an Electrum wallet made with 1.8.1 that I've lost the seed for, and I've also spent the last week trying to remember what my password was.

When the 1.9 update came I was still at it trying password combinations, when EUREKA! One of them finally worked. Seems I capitalized TWO extra letters. Or so I thought...

When I clicked the little seed icon and entered in the password, there was an empty space where it should have been showing me the seed. I clicked on the padlock and changed my password to empty spaces to decrypt the wallet. I opened it up in notepad and here are some snippets:

'use_virtualkeyboard': False, 'use_encryption': False, 'labels':...

...'classic_expert_mode': True, 'seed': '', 'accounts':.....

Ok, so the seed's gone. I checked the backup of the file I'd just opened. Saw this:

{'use_virtualkeyboard': False, 'use_encryption': True, 'labels': ....

'classic_expert_mode': True, 'seed': '*******************************************************************************************==',....

Ok, so the original file did have a seed in it and it was encrypted. I thought maybe it might have been an issue with 1.9+, so I opened up the wallet in 1.8.1. Tried the password that decrypted it in 1.9+....Invalid. Wtf?

I've tried everything I possibly can to get this money out. Using 1.9+ after decrypting with the password: I can export all the key pairs, but importing them into another wallet doesn't give me the coin or the same address. Send leads me to the offline transaction mode, but I'm unable to sign the transaction.

What is the connection between this passphrase and this .dat file, when it doesn't even work in the original build that I generated the wallet in? I'm pulling my hair out on this one, the amount of money in there isn't chump change for a guy like me who lost his job and is late on rent.

More pertitent info:

- Original wallet generated with the 1.8.1 python build in a Debian VM.

- Seed backup that I always make is definitely nowhere to be found, spent the first three days covering those bases.

- In windows I've tried with 1.9 portable & .msi / 1.8.1 portable, same results.

- If it turns out the the password that decrypts with 1.9 isn't the "real" password, I've got a good enough idea about what the password might be to make brute force a plausible solution, it wasn't a hashed password or anything like that.

- Aye thar be bounty for whoever helps me get my money (watching the dollar value rise in the wallet the last week has been bitter-sweet to say the least).
Activity: 313
November 08, 2013, 06:35:53 PM
Hey,

I upgraded my watchonly wallet to 1.9.2, tried to send some coins,
but I could not sign the transaction on my offline pc (older electrum 1.7.1)

Error Message on the offline pc was:
exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not Nonetype

After downgrading the watchonly wallet to 1.8.1 it works again.
Not sure if this is a bug or if I just need to upgrade the offline electrum (too lazy right now, it is a live cd)
Activity: 124
Merit: 106
November 08, 2013, 11:13:44 AM
Please add HTTPS support to the download page of electrum. (download.electrum.org)

Or just only for the PGP signature of the downloads and the developers.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
November 08, 2013, 09:52:25 AM
Not the smoothest of upgrades, that's for sure. Takes a little of the shine off the venerable Electrum  Undecided

indeed, sorry about that.
we are actively working on these issues, and I hope we'll get better binaries next week.

Thanks Thomas.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
November 08, 2013, 05:19:32 AM
Not the smoothest of upgrades, that's for sure. Takes a little of the shine off the venerable Electrum  Undecided

indeed, sorry about that.
we are actively working on these issues, and I hope we'll get better binaries next week.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
November 08, 2013, 02:35:54 AM
bitcoininformation, have you tried uninstalling it, removing any trace (from appdata if windows), and reinstalling it and restoring it through the seed? That worked for me when I was having problems with the connection.
Hm, no I did not. Will try that.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 01:31:46 AM
I keep getting pending transactions even though they have clearly have many confirmations on blockchain, I reinstalled and it was temporarily fixed but now it's happening again. Any advice?
Activity: 353
November 08, 2013, 01:10:43 AM
Looks like it's back to QT and time consuming blockchain downloads. 
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
November 07, 2013, 11:12:28 PM
Pages:
Jump to: