Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum 1.9 released - page 9. (Read 15912 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 07, 2013, 10:55:01 PM
bitcoininformation, have you tried uninstalling it, removing any trace (from appdata if windows), and reinstalling it and restoring it through the seed? That worked for me when I was having problems with the connection.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
November 07, 2013, 08:57:48 PM
Electrum 1.8.1 works for me, but 1.9 connects, sync's once and then drops all its connections for no reason. It doesn't matter what I do afterwards. Yes, I have deleted the BlockChain headers and all the other file, no my Firewalls doesn't block it. Nothing helps.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
November 06, 2013, 12:30:36 PM
For those of us who use the Ubuntu version is it ok using the older version since theirs no new update for Ubuntu? Will using the older version on Ubuntu cause any security issues?

All latest versions works on Ubuntu. Do you mean the slowaes error while installing in Ubuntu 13.10?

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install python-slowaes

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3390829
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
November 06, 2013, 10:23:48 AM
For those of us who use the Ubuntu version is it ok using the older version since theirs no new update for Ubuntu? Will using the older version on Ubuntu cause any security issues?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
November 06, 2013, 06:31:30 AM
I also temporarily removed the portable build from the website; it was broken.
apologies for the mishap; I hope we will soon have a fixed build
legendary
November 05, 2013, 06:58:08 PM
I just made 1.9.1 packages, that fix a few regressions: --offline mode, portable mode.
I hope we will soon have binaries from Animazing.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:24:11 PM
ok, if you are reporting a regression, please mention if it occured with the "windows portable" build

I use the portable windows build and it seems nothing is stored. Even more. It seems like everything was set back to default after starting 1.9. currency, language and so on.
legendary
November 05, 2013, 06:14:01 PM
ok, if you are reporting a regression, please mention if it occured with the "windows portable" build
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
November 05, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
Is there a secret to getting the window and column sizes to stick in v1.9? They go back to default after I change tabs or close and reopen the program. In v1.8.1, the sizes and positions are saved automatically. I'm using the portable version on Windows 7.

Also, 1.9 is connecting to random servers no matter what I do. Is this by design? I'd like to be able connect to the same server every time.

Thanks
Scratch that. None of the settings are saving. Not the zeros in the settings, language, plugins...nothing. Reverting to 1.8.1.
legendary
November 05, 2013, 06:04:00 PM
are the connection problems encountered with portable builds?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:48:17 PM
Will autoconnect take the SSL-Setting into account? It wont connect to a non-ssl-server?

Something i dont like is that its somehow really hard to make electrum store the windows and table settings. I make the window like i want it, close and reopen electrum and everything is back to default. I change the tables to have more space for the label, edit something and electrum redraws the table, sets me to the start and my changes to columsizes are gone again.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
November 05, 2013, 05:45:48 PM
im literally raging right now

why cant this goddam electrum  not connect always have the damn red spot

tried all possible connections and it keeps on failing
it was all fine until that stupid update wrecked my nerves

so I just tried the old version and boom
it connects but gives me a "$==)§=§%nwfw"  faiure notice when trying to send my BTC

EDIT: the old version just sent the BTC praise the lord !!!

Yep, exact problem I mentioned above, thanks for mentioning this, glad to hear it's not just me having these issues.
Activity: 185
November 05, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
im literally raging right now

why cant this goddam electrum  not connect always have the damn red spot

tried all possible connections and it keeps on failing
it was all fine until that stupid update wrecked my nerves

so I just tried the old version and boom
it connects but gives me a "$==)§=§%nwfw"  faiure notice when trying to send my BTC

EDIT: the old version just sent the BTC praise the lord !!!

Activity: 157
November 05, 2013, 03:12:32 PM
Is there a secret to getting the window and column sizes to stick in v1.9? They go back to default after I change tabs or close and reopen the program. In v1.8.1, the sizes and positions are saved automatically. I'm using the portable version on Windows 7.

Also, 1.9 is connecting to random servers no matter what I do. Is this by design? I'd like to be able connect to the same server every time.

Thanks
legendary
November 05, 2013, 02:07:05 PM
Hi, thanks for the update. Was wondering where the dollar value went though? Why did you get rid of it? It was on the bottom left right next to BTC amount.

It is a plugin now. See Menu Tools -> Plugins -> Exchange rate
Electrum can integrate third party applications as plugins.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 05, 2013, 01:56:19 PM
Hi, thanks for the update. Was wondering where the dollar value went though? Why did you get rid of it? It was on the bottom left right next to BTC amount.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
November 05, 2013, 09:12:59 AM
Nevermind, it was a plugin lol
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
November 05, 2013, 07:35:37 AM
Thanks. Auto-connect was enabled. Internet connectivity is normal, version 1.8.1 seems to be working but not 1.9.

if you click ok, it should work.
otherwise, try to select a server manually...

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

I've clicked ok, that was your first instruction, I've also selected a server manually, doesn't work either. It doesn't seem to make sense, perhaps the application has become corrupted somehow so I'll download a clean install from your site and see how that goes. I'll edit this post with the outcome in a couple of minutes. Thanks again for all your help.

Smiley

-------

Edit: Ok, downloaded the Windows exe and it at first it didn't connect, auto-connect was not checked on install. Checked it, seems to be working fine. There's a difference between this version and the one I downloaded a day or so ago, at least cosmetically, as the icon is not a standard bitcoin B in blue, this new icon is a blue B enclosed in a geometric shape.

Anyway thanks for your help, maybe the original version was tweaked somehow or maybe it was corrupted on my end.

Good luck with it all.

Wink

Additional edit: This second 1.9 version has now disconnected after less than ten minutes and won't reconnect to any servers automatically or manually. I'll go back to 1.8.1  Undecided
Activity: 560
November 05, 2013, 06:38:08 AM
I found some old seeds I had when I first started messing around with Electrum; is there any way to find out if there is anything on them without having to re-install?

no you have to reinstall (unless you want to give the coins away)

I honestly can't remember, but I think I had like 9 or so. xD

[edit]: Turns out I had 9 BTC at once on there, but only had 0.01 left over. Sad
legendary
November 05, 2013, 06:26:07 AM
Thanks. Auto-connect was enabled. Internet connectivity is normal, version 1.8.1 seems to be working but not 1.9.

if you click ok, it should work.
otherwise, try to select a server manually...
Pages:
Jump to: