Pages:
Author

Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB - page 10. (Read 1061069 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 1
If Eligius doesn't have your bitcoin address then they won't be able to send you your bitcoin so you should update it asap.

"To use, just point your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 (or http://gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337 for GBT) with username set to the bitcoin address you want paid."  You can keep the password blank or put anything in that field."

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
You can't mine here to your e-mail address.
Where in the world did you get that idea?  Huh
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Eligius does not require registration, you just use your bitcoin address like below.  The stats are currently being changed so they are currently not working.  During the transition you need to look at the stats page on your miner to confirm you are connected and view your mining speed.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/{put your bitcoin address here}

Thanks for your reply.
I have been using my e-mail as logon, not bitcoing address. Is it all lost if I change to bitcoin address?
Eligius does not require registration, you just use your bitcoin address like below.  The stats are currently being changed so they are currently not working.  During the transition you need to look at the stats page on your miner to confirm you are connected and view your mining speed.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/{put your bitcoin address here}
Activity: 3
I´m newbe here at bitcoin. I had registered on Eligius 4 weeks ago and I´m trying to understand few things.
what is my address for stat propose? - I tried my email - used in cgminer - but it fail.
Activity: 17
Hi WizKid,

Recent BTC values are looking pretty good.  Any chance you could make some minimal stats page available for those of us still pointed here, to have a clue what we've accumulated / possible target upcoming payout period?  Nothing fancy at all, perhaps just snapshot current hash rate, accumulated balance pending payout, and update the payout queue estimates.  Doesn't even need the charts, if that's part of what's holding back stats.  Would appreciate any updates.  Thank you.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
I used to be here years ago and still check in from time to time.
This is odd most miners on these big pools don't like p2p. I was on the forked p2p pool as it has more hashrate yet my miners really work too hard with the required difficulty of a p2pool and found the nasty and something ending in .pw worked fine.
However, I'm back to pools like this that have better difficulty control. CKpool (not solo one) is very interesting project as the p2pool fork is as well.
Activity: 142
Merit: 60

This has never worked for me, even when the stats page was up.   I wouldn't rely on it.
Activity: 439
Merit: 252
Get Paid to Play your Media on Current
Wizkid, given we don't have any on-line stats, can you provide the current hashrate of Eligius?  Just trying to get a feel of our luck / timeframe until we find our next block.
Activity: 615
Merit: 502
How's the redevelopment of the site/pool going?
We are currently all paid up.  If we find a block, hopefully we will receive a payout shortly thereafter.
Activity: 1
Hello wk,

could you trigger a payout before Aug 1st? What will happen with the shares if blockchain will split?  Undecided
Given the upcoming soft and hard forks, what is Eligius's position on the matter?
Activity: 16
I had donated a small amount to stats development before the pool died. As the stats were never further developed, is it possible to have the donation returned??
i asked the magic 8-ball for you and it said ● Very doubtful

all joking aside a donation is just that and never treated as anything else im not a mod or anything in the pool other then another miner but   . thats like asking the red cross for the money you donated because you feel fema does a better job  

It has now been a month since I asked this and the pool seems no more alive than it did back then.

I agree, paxtoncamaro91, I acknowledge this was a donation.  However, in this case, it was a donation in exchange for a specified outcome (ie. stats development).   Perhaps a closer analogy would be supporting a crowdfunding project (ie. kickstarter) that never met it's target, but not getting one's donation back..??

WK - can I please ask you to consider returning the dust donation?

Thanks,
d
copper member
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
How goes the new stats page and homepage progress?
Activity: 17

As of the most recent payout all blocks found by Eligius-Hu have been distributed to miners.  Eligius-Hu's offline wallet holds a bit over 1 BTC worth of miner funds as the sum of funds due to miners who have not yet reached the minimum payout amount (roughly 0.01 BTC).

When the pool finds its next block, I will process the payout accordingly.  I am still working on getting stats and automatic payouts back online, however the past several months have been exhausting (unrelated to Eligius) and I have not had the time required to complete everything needed.  My time is opening back up again, and I plan to move forward full force on completing these projects ASAP.

-wk

Thanks, WK, for your personal efforts in keeping the pool up and running.
For the record, I feel you handled the transition payout very fairly, and I know I couldn't have done any better myself.

I understand too well what it's like being exhausted from the day job, and I appreciate your choosing to spend some of your own personal time to improve the site for all users.
My rigs remain pointed here, at the Eligius pool.
KNK
Activity: 692
Merit: 502
Lucko don't blame others for your mistakes!

IMHO: the problem here is that Lucko's prejudice is the loss because of his own fault, but he is looking for an excuse:
Address that I used at that time was compromised

And another IMHO: Slush and Eligius are the only true mining pools with their owners being open and honest since the beginning, spending their own resources/funds to support the pool growth ... or simply existence!
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Unfortunately I've had to remove a post from here relating to the above.  I'm not going waste time going in circles publicly about something that is done and over with and is only being brought up now because a couple of people want to try and extort me and/or Eligius solely because of the latest hike in exchange rate.  There is no sense continuing such a line of discussion here.  It serves no purpose other than to allow FUD to be spread by those who obviously do not have a full understanding of Eligius's reward system at the time, the actual topic, and have their own motives along those lines.  There is absolutely nothing that can or will be done to change how it was handled.  The matter is closed.

Further posts spinning wheels on this topic that is beyond ancient history will be removed.  If you desire more details, check posts from June 2014 era and the posts around the closing of Eligius-Ra.

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
I guess I see the source of your confusion.  Let me try to clarify.  The main issue became that rewarding further back in the share log so far beyond the block withholding attack shares that were already rewarded naturally would have rewarded miners in a very disproportional manner.  It would have rewarded shares of miners who a) had abandoned the pool, and/or b) weren't affected by the withholding attack at all in the first place, and/or c) wouldn't have been rewarded a sufficient amount to be paid over 2 TBC (~0.001 BTC).  So, there was no perfect solution to this whole thing.  It didn't make sense to make many thousands of dust payouts to miners who had long stopped mining and/or didn't have anything to do with mining during the withholding attack.  At the same time, it would have been wrong to selectively choose miners who were affected by the attack and disproportionately reward shares that would have never been rewarded otherwise.  It would have been wrong to use the massive amounts of < 2 TBC balances as an excuse to suck up those funds as pool donations, too, so that was out of the question.  Rewarding and payout of the shares as was done back in January was the most fair and sensible solution available.  Again, not perfect, because it did not eliminate the issue of rewarding miners who weren't affected by the withholding attack in the first place... but that was an unsolvable problem to begin with.  At least the rest of the issues were eliminated by the final solution.

I was also not going to take any action regarding the coins that were recovered back in 2014 until after a full review by legal counsel to cover both myself and Eligius on all possible risks.  This was not an inexpensive task, either, and Eligius has virtually no real income aside from donations which haven't even covered hosting costs for a while.  I didn't think it right to take away from these held funds due to the miners to cover those costs, either, as they still were not Eligius's funds to spend.  In the end it was an issue that had to finally be resolved, and I took the steps and paid the needed costs associated with doing so myself.  Suffice it to say, not even counting my own time, over the past year or so I've Eligius's biggest donor.

I do believe, in your personal case, you're mixing natural pool luck in with the block withholding attack offset.  I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but the block withholding attack accounted for a few % drop in shares rewarded throughout the affected period.  There were other periods of bad luck that were natural and unrelated.  The CPPSRB share log was run through simulations related to the block withholding attack period and its expected effect on the share log throughout that time frame, and that data was analyzed extensively before coming to the final reward distribution method.
Pages:
Jump to: